Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2005   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Carr Cancels

I don't know whether any of you have reported it, but Carr has cancelled his trip to Fresno for the retirement of his jersey and a speech to the QB club tomorrow. Its too bad since a lot of people had planned on this for a long time. He's still a fan favorite here.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #2
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Well good he needs to keep his head in the "Here and Now" he can revisit his college days in Feb......
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

i would imagine it has something to do with the hurricane that just hit
Old 09-27-2005   #4
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Can we ban this troll for spamming our boards? Three posts all the same.
That account will not last once a mod sees it.
Old 09-27-2005   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87623 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I don't know whether any of you have reported it, but Carr has cancelled his trip to Fresno for the retirement of his jersey and a speech to the QB club tomorrow. Its too bad since a lot of people had planned on this for a long time. He's still a fan favorite here.
Is that where you live, Ibar? Fresno, I mean?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ibar,

I am sure that it has to do with the change in practice schedule for the Texans. Tuesdays are normally a day off. Between the hurricane evacuation and the poor performance of the team, Carr has been put in a place where he can't afford to miss at this time.

As you have even stated in the past, Carr is a class act that would not stiff anyone if it could be avoided.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Yes, I do and have watched many a game over the years. Was the official scorer for some years too.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2005   #8
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
I was going to go.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #9
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Well good he needs to keep his head in the "Here and Now" he can revisit his college days in Feb......

make that early January....
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87623 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Quote:
Yes, I do and have watched many a game over the years. Was the official scorer for some years too.
. . . that's interesting.

You're pretty well known around this MB for creating threads/posts that are highly critical of management/coaching/staff. But I don't seem to remember any that you've written that criticizes any of the players . . . one from Fresno in particular.

Not that I'm questioning your objectivity, or anything like that.

_______________________________-
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Carr had quite a few accomplishments in college. But really, retiring his number?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr had quite a few accomplishments in college. But really, retiring his number?
I was thinking the exact same thing, Huge. I didn't follow Carr that well in college, so perhaps I am missing something. Just what is it exactly that warrents them retiring his number? Is Fresno really that desperate for retired jersey numbers or something?
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
I was thinking the exact same thing, Huge. I didn't follow Carr that well in college, so perhaps I am missing something. Just what is it exactly that warrents them retiring his number? Is Fresno really that desperate for retired jersey numbers or something?
Come on guys, DC is not shaping up to be another Elway but nevertheless this is Fresno State and not Notre Dame. Its kind of a big deal for them
when one of its most renowned players ever also is taking #1 overall in the NFL college Draft and plays several years as a starter @ QB in the pros.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

That makes a little bit of sense to me. And when you factor in the other numbers that have been retired:

Dale Messer #21
Vince Petrucci #14
Henry Ellard #83
Kevin Sweeney #No. 9

It shows their standards aren't quite as high as other football factories (honestly, Ellard's should be the only one to have been retired).

But still, Trent Dilfer was the 6th overall pick in '94. He's won a Super Bowl. They have not retired his number.

Basically I just get the idea that having his number retired gives more ammo to those that think Carr is more style than substance.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What about performance while at Fresno St other than after Fresno St?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read