Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2005   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "USC could beat the Texans" - Best Damn Sports Show Period

Geez....we are the new Cleveland Browns.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #2
Davis37
All Pro

I saw that too. Rob Dibble just burned us... The sad part is, that USC probally has a better pro offense than we do at the moment...
Old 09-26-2005   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Good...I want the media to trash them every chance they get. They took a shot at Carr on the MNF pregame show, basically calling him a huge bust. Let the team see that everyone in the league is ridiculing them and maybe they'll decide to try a little harder and prove people wrong.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #4
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Good...I want the media to trash them every chance they get. They took a shot at Carr on the MNF pregame show, basically calling him a huge bust. Let the team see that everyone in the league is ridiculing them and maybe they'll decide to try a little harder and prove people wrong.

I missed that is sweet everyone knows his a bust now but i dont think anyone needed to be told David was a bust im thinking even the most faithfull knows that by now.
Old 09-26-2005   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
I missed that is sweet everyone knows his a bust now but i dont think anyone needed to be told David was a bust im thinking even the most faithfull knows that by now.
Thanks for dancing on our ashes. Seriously, is USC a huge rival of Fresno State? Otherwise I don't see why you would be so happy for Carr to be messing up. I hope he turns it around. I hope we never draft Leinart, because honestly I don't know if I could deal with someone that takes so much pleasure in a Houston player failing.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #6
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Ouch!

Yeah, were terrible! We need a complete turn around,

So many people need QBs why not trade Carr and put in
Ragone, maybe Charles had a plan after all!!

Trade carr to The bears, JETS, Miami, So many, Lions, Clev,
keeps going!! Trade aleast one of thes qb's and get a #2 WR
or a Def starter.

Who agrees?

New coach, Key trade, still in!!

if not draft matt #1 ,, then trade carr
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #7
ComstockLode
Veteran

This is stupid. No college team would ever be able to beat any pro team.

Unless there is a college team that has top draft picks at every position, this wouldnt ever be close.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2005   #8
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I saw that too. Rob Dibble just burned us... The sad part is, that USC probally has a better pro offense than we do at the moment...
Dibble is an ***. He once said about Biggio, "He is not a hall of famer...He played in the dome where it is easy to get a double. I saw Sandberg play and he was a true hall of famer. Just look at all of his HR..." Of course he failed to mention that HRs in Wrigley are pretty simple because of the wind that always seems to be blowing out...

Don't ever put any stock in Dibble...Steriods have gotten to his brian....

Although, he could be right about the USC Vs. Texans match up....
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans would beat USC. College teams can't play with the pros.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #10
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I saw that too. Rob Dibble just burned us...
Rod Dribble has an attitude. He's pissed that Palmer got all the underwear commercials, not him!
BTW-what the hell does Dribble know about football anyway?

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's play 'em and find out.

Maybe we'd get some freakin' moral going for a change.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #12
covcath1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
Dibble is an ***. He once said about Biggio, "He is not a hall of famer...He played in the dome where it is easy to get a double. I saw Sandberg play and he was a true hall of famer. Just look at all of his HR..." Of course he failed to mention that HRs in Wrigley are pretty simple because of the wind that always seems to be blowing out...

Don't ever put any stock in Dibble...Steriods have gotten to his brian....

Although, he could be right about the USC Vs. Texans match up....

One thing that people never mention about Sandberg, is he had very little range for a second baseman. I remember his long streak with no errors and it was a joke, because he rarely tried to play the balls he would have to go deep in the hole for. I'm not a Biggio fan (all that protective gear while hitting) but I respect his career and he is a HoF.

As far as USC beating the Texans....not a chance. People just forget about the size combined with speed at the NFL level. The QB might be able to hook up with Bush on occassion, but the running game would be stuffed and it wouldn't even be close on special teams.
covcath1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #13
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody that truly thinks ANY college team, from any point in history, could beat ANY pro team, from any point in history is a complete and utter moron!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #14
TexansFan99
Rookie

Rob Dibble is an *****! He should get an award for stupidest sport broadcaster. He the one that was saying cycling is not a sport because the bike does all the work and Lance Armstrong can coast and sit on it. :brickwall
TexansFan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Texans - 45
Trojans - 17

Wait, it might not be that close.

Airheads are always crowing about the current great college team vs the worst NFL team (perceived). A few years ago, it was the '01 Hurricanes vs Arizona. Same result would've happened back then.

It's all water cooler talk and they know it. In reality, any NFL team is going to dookie stomp any college team 100 times out of 100 times.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #16
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Who did USC play on 9/17/05 ahhh.....the University of Arkansas.
On 9/18/05 who did the Texans play........the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Oh that's right.

Interesting fact....
Week 5 of the NFL season will be the Texans first game against a team that is was not UNDEFEATED(yes I am counting the Bills). It isn't like we have exactly had an easy road so far.

LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx
Anybody that truly thinks ANY college team, from any point in history, could beat ANY pro team, from any point in history is a complete and utter moron!
Thank you, my thoughts exactly.

Freakin' whackos and their flying pigs!

Anyway, Hulk75, please don't paint the majority of fans with the brush of a few loudmouths. I still see a vast number of Carr jerseys throughout the stadium, and I will proudly wear mine on Battle Red Day (my regular jersey is custom). These forums only reflect a very small portion of fans in general
Old 09-27-2005   #18
Meisterman
Veteran

Unfortunately............I'd take the USC starting eleven in a straight up trade for the Texans 11. They have a lot more "potential" then this Casserly bunch which is playing like a first year expansion team again.
Old 09-27-2005   #19
Fldvldog
Veteran

I'd say, right now, USC could take the texans...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #20
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
I'd say, right now, USC could take the texans...
Thats just ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read