Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2005   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up The Man has spoken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
You mean other than Pittsburgh (4 for 54), Miami (3 for 45) and Buffalo (2 for 10)?--hah, you're right, it can't be done. But, but, but, they all had great D's--don't forget Cleveland (3 for 37). Let's see, 4 out of 16 is...
Classic, man. Best post I've read in awhile.

We need a lot more like it...talking football with stats and critical analysis (the reason I've really enjoyed the forums for so long). There are far too many emotional outbursts around here lately, and I can only imagine how many posts you mods have to delete due to personal attacks and ugly attitudes/words.
Old 09-27-2005   #22
texans1983

Default Faggins and Orr starting?

From what I've read in the Chronicle today it sounds like Shantee Orr and DeMarcus Faggins will be starting in place of Babin and Buchanon. I agree with them being benched after their terrible performance against PIT, but against the Bengals too? If this is true, I don't know what to think of it, but if we win and show some offense, I won't complain.
Old 09-27-2005   #23
John Stofa
Rookie

Chad is so difficult to shut down because the Bengals have so many other options. You can't just key on Chad and assume you're going to beat the Bengals. Over the past 7 regular season games TJ Houshmandzadeh (49 catches, 637 yards) has almost identical numbers as Chad Johnson (49 catches, 671 yards). I know, you're asking yourself, "Who is TJ Houshmandzadeh??", and that's my point exactly. Chad gets the pub, and most of the defensive attention, but he's far from the only Bengal weapon. Carson Palmer has quickly become a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback and he likes to spread the ball around. He has an 8-game streak of 100+ QB Ratings. He can throw it long, short or in between, and he doesn't just look for Chad.

Aside from TJ, we have other unknown options, like Chris Perry and Chris Henry. Perry sat out his rookie season last year, but has quickly become a dual backfield threat. If not for having an 85-yard reception called back against Minnesota he'd be leading all NFL RB's in receptions and receiving yards. Henry -- a tall, fast, highly skilled rookie -- wasn't even activated in Week One, but in the two games he's played he has 8 catches for 98 yards and a touchdown. He's been called a "Randy Moss clone without the issues". And if you key too much on our passing game we have Rudi Johnson to pound away at you. Despite starting only 5 games in 2003 Rudi rushed for almost 1000 yards. Then in his first full season as a starter last year he set the Bengals franchise record for rushing yards in a season. This is a dangerous Bengal offense with many options. That's what makes Chad Johnson so difficult to stop. He'd be a star on any team, and he obviously has the skills that make him a Top 5 WR in the league. But if your gameplan is to shut him down, someone else is going to make you pay. I know I sound like a homer, but our opponents would agree with what I've posted.

WHO DEY!
John Stofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

To the guys involved in the Carr/Leinart/Young debate--try looking at the thread topic. Take this debate to an appropriate thread.
Old 09-27-2005   #25
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsnation
show me one cb in the last 2 years that shut chad down............
Daylon McCutcheon
Old 09-27-2005   #26
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

HAHA I started a "Who is going to cover Andre?" thread at their little pos board.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #27
John Stofa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller
HAHA I started a "Who is going to cover Andre?" thread at their little pos board.
I was wondering if that was started by someone from this site. Pretty funny, I must admit.

And that "pos" board has only been up and running for 9 or 10 days now. It will be much better after a month or so. But they have almost 2000 registered members in 10 days, so that's not too bad. And many of them are fans from other teams who are suddenly worrying about the monster Marvin Lewis is building in Cincinnati. The Bengals are a popular topic right now among NFL fans. There's no arguing that.
John Stofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2005   #28
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stofa
I was wondering if that was started by someone from this site. Pretty funny, I must admit.

And that "pos" board has only been up and running for 9 or 10 days now. It will be much better after a month or so. But they have almost 2000 registered members in 10 days, so that's not too bad. And many of them are fans from other teams who are suddenly worrying about the monster Marvin Lewis is building in Cincinnati. The Bengals are a popular topic right now among NFL fans. There's no arguing that.

I defently had fun there today. I will pick up the smack talk later if I dont get too busy at work....good times. you bunch of
Old 09-27-2005   #29
Best Uniforms Ever
Rookie

You're defense would have a hard time covering Willie Anderson let alone Chad Johnson. I can see Willie lining up in the slot now and making a diving catch over the middle.
Best Uniforms Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Uniforms Ever
You're defense would have a hard time covering Willie Anderson let alone Chad Johnson. I can see Willie lining up in the slot now and making a diving catch over the middle.
now i know you have mental issues....
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #31
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
now i know you have mental issues....

Other than his delusional name...
Old 09-27-2005   #32
Boomer1989
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Roll a safety over to help out on him every play. Jam him at the line.
I dont know if rolling that safety over is gonna do much good we have alot of other good recievers that can take it to the house, Chris Henry, TJ Whoseyomomma, Kevin Walter, The bengals are very hard to cover in the air.Is yalls run defense any good? And Chad is hard to jam at the line cause he is very fast, if you mess up hes gone see ya for 6.
Boomer1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #33
cadahnic
All Pro

Wow the Bengals are out in force and spitting venom. Hey rolling the safety over on CJ will help slow him, but it does not help if we are not overly physical with him. In his games against Cleveland, Baltimore, and the three other teams that have shut him down were very physical with him and then rolled safeties and zoned up on the other guys. That is one way we can get them. I have noticed that Palmer still does not recognize zone dogs very well or overload zone panther blitzes either. That might be our only chance. Plus we have to punish Palmer have him hearing footsteps like our QB.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #34
Troy the Bengal
Rookie

Whos going to cover Chad ??????hmm??????? NO ONE!!!!!!!
Whos going to stop Mr. johnson????????? NO ONE!!!!!!!
How do you stop 85??????? YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Troy the Bengal; 09-27-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Troy the Bengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #35
Memith
Rookie

I hate to come into your forum and say this Houston fans, but I just don't think that your team's secondary is good enough to stop Chad. But, if you guys do (he has been shut down before by teams who normally can't... *cough* browns *cough*) it means that you're leaving the field open for one of our other very talented recievers. It's what makes the Bengals passing game so dangerous, every reciever can potentially get a TD on any play.
Memith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #36
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memith
It's what makes the Bengals passing game so dangerous, every reciever can potentially get a TD on any play.
Any receiver in the NFL can potentially get a TD on any play.
Old 09-27-2005   #37
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memith
I hate to come into your forum and say this Houston fans, but I just don't think that your team's secondary is good enough to stop Chad. But, if you guys do (he has been shut down before by teams who normally can't... *cough* browns *cough*) it means that you're leaving the field open for one of our other very talented recievers. It's what makes the Bengals passing game so dangerous, every reciever can potentially get a TD on any play.
This is true. Drob is one of the best in the league. But almost no corner can stop a WR like CJ without help from the safeties which is why we wont stop CJ. But then again I would say that Drob is one of the best man on man CB in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #38
Memith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller
Any receiver in the NFL can potentially get a TD on any play.
Oh come on now, you know what i meant, every Bengal's reciever is capable of making a big play at any time. Is that better? or should I say that all of the Bengal's recievers make big plays consistantly while not all recievers from most teams do. Which makes the Bengals especially dangerous at that position. Verbally precise enough for you?
Memith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #39
928546in05
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar
WOW!!!! What a post. I hope the Reds and the Bengals don't win 4 games in a row in the same season. Cincinnati fans might have strokes.
Astros fans really shouldn't talk smack about the Reds. Reds have 5 WS championships and Astros have 1 playoff series victory and that came last year.
Old 09-27-2005   #40
928546in05
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
This is true. Drob is one of the best in the league. But almost no corner can stop a WR like CJ without help from the safeties which is why we wont stop CJ. But then again I would say that Drob is one of the best man on man CB in the league.
So is Champ Bailey(his the best IMHO) and he couldn't Cover CJ one on one last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read