Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2005   #1
squared80
waterboy

Default Andre Johnson...

I'm asking you fans because you watch the games every week. Will Carr and Johnson get anything going on offense this year? I mean, you have one of the top receivers in the league, and it's going to waste. From what you've seen, do you think they'll finally get something going? I'm thinking it was a mistake taking Johnson in the 3rd round of my FF draft right now...
squared80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #2
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Stumble...

Okay...we're 1/8th of the season into it. No reason to sound the alarm just yet. I agree that letting Chris Palmer was good for several reasons. Primarily because it sends a message that the honeymoon is over. Provide results or GET OUT.
I think that message was needed.

However, David Carr and Andre will definitely pick things up. You don't play a sport all of you teen-age & adult life...earn the honor of being a first-round pick..and then lay an egg for the season.

Will people just get off of Carr. If he had protection, his reads would improve and his QB rating would be higher. And being honest, I really can't say I like our chances against the fired-up Bungles. Chad Johnson will burn our DB's unless we get some heat on Carson. THAT'S YOU, front 7! I look for Shantae Orr to have a break out game! Mark my words! Baring injury, I don't look for him to leave the starting line-up all year.

To answer the original question...I think AJ and Carr will definitely pick it up. I'm not going to start Carr until he shows me something...but you got to start AJ.

I'm out like Babin on the 1st team D.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #3
squared80
waterboy

... that's it, I'm benching him.
squared80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read