Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A message of hope

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

I know. I know. Many will say that God doesn't care about football and who wins. That is probably true (although he does say the first shall be last and last shall be first-ha ha) however, I thought this message was something to get all of us fans focused on for the next week if not for our team for our own relationship with God. Even though God and sports isn't really a great mix in some eyes, I feel it can tell us alot about ourselves.

This scripture is taken from Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthians (2corinthians 4:8-9). Basically what it talks about is being a warrior. That what happened in the past has happened in the past and we move on. At this time in our lives (or our team's) there are troubles but what truly tells us about our passion is how we remain strong, confident, and ready to accept what lies ahead and to come out victorious through it all.

Over the last two weeks we have wallowed in defeat. We've allowed ourselves to get angry and to lose confidence in a team that we've seen miracles happen with before. However, if we call ourselves Houston Texans fans we need to be able to get back up. We've been knocked down but not knocked out. However, this week is a new week and I can feel our team being prepared for a win this week. If there is one thing I've learned about our team is that we never quit, and we as fans should not quit either.

Likewise when it comes to our walk with the Lord, many times Satan knocks us down but true Christians are warriors that do not remain knocked down or knocked out. Negativity is around us all day but we choose not to go there and remain strong. If you have been knocked down, know that you are not out of it and can choose to get back up. What's done is done but watcha gone do?

Just thought I would share this to help cheer anyone up in more ways than football but also to get everyone pumped for our first victory of the season. I aint backing down and I know our team will not either.

Go Texans :texflag:

El Tejano said:
Not even one perspective on this?

The message is good but just do not like the application to sports. Prayers before games have always left me perplexed as teams pray to beat others who pray under the same god. Prayers after games when the players huddle together and are thankful for thier health or pray for the injured I think is the right way to practice ethically as a religious participant.

But who am I kidding a little divine intervention would probably be good for this team. :texflag:

I think we'll be fine. All we needed was for someone to light a fire under the team's @ss. I guess Joe's the man for the job. Defenses are really attacking the QB this season. Just look at Pay-me-a-ton's stats.

I think when it comes to prayer before a game you have to think about what you are praying for. I always like to have my teams pray before a game but the prayer consist more of helping us remember that we have been given an ability to play and to allow us to play at that full potential and more along the lines of thankfulness for just being able to play period.

Really what my point is on this thread is to give us as fans something to get up for especially during a time when our team hasn't given that to us. Someone said on here is all we need is a big play to turn this around and I believe that will happen this week.

Back