Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2005   #21
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Dwight Freeney. The battle is won in the trenches.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Seattle's Walter Jones, Baltimore's Jonathan Ogden, or St. Louis' Orlando Pace

We have got to start with the o-line, because nothing will change unless we control the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.
Old 09-26-2005   #23
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant McKinnie LT
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #24
metalmike
Veteran

Johnathan Ogden would be nice
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #25
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Dwight Freeney. The battle is won in the trenches.
Freeney and the avatar are a frightful combination.
Old 09-26-2005   #26
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Chad Johnson.

But, boy could we use an O-lineman!
Old 09-26-2005   #27
lucky13

my list: (guys simply a large cut above anyone else at their position)- names lots of you have mentioned

QB: tom brady (he'd be my pick if i answered the question)

RB: LT

WR: CJ (a hall-of-famer in a nowhere market)

TE: gates

OL: Ogden or Jones

DL: Peppers

DB: Reed

i would like to add i can't second-guess drafting carr ahead of peppers. you still have to take carr- casserly hasn't screwed up the no-brainers. his problems are the brainers.

Last edited by lucky13; 09-26-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2005   #28
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

shockey on o and peppers on d
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #29
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I ll trade My D pick and get Randy Moss and Walter Jones or Bryant McKinnie.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
1. Anthony Munoz in his prime . 1A Reggie White in his prime. 1B Lawarence Taylor in his prime .

give me Bruce Mathews ... and a cloning machine
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had to go defense.. Ted Washington or Tony Saragusa (however you spell it) ..I want a huge space eater in the middle of our D

Offensively.. I'd like either a center or a TE . (perferrably a Center first)
Old 09-26-2005   #32
metalmike
Veteran

when will people realize that Shockey is overrated. he's still 10 times better than whoever we have going, but for TE's how could you not pick A. Gates. I would Gates in a Texans uniform. I'm not sure how good Brady would be outside of the Patriots program. I would go for McNabb.
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
If I had to go defense.. Ted Washington or Tony Saragusa (however you spell it) ..I want a huge space eater in the middle of our D
Man, the Texans really are desparate if they are going to get a guy who hasn't been in the league for 3 years.
Old 09-26-2005   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Man, the Texans really are desparate if they are going to get a guy who hasn't been in the league for 3 years.
yeah your right. Iwasn't thinking of that.. I was thinking of a player like him that just clogged the middle so that the LB's could roam
Old 09-26-2005   #35
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Brian Westbrook that guy can do it all.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #36
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd pick Hines Ward. He can block and catch!
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #37
slyfox68
Veteran

Wow! Tough to pick only one, but I've narrowed it down to three...

The "Burger King",
Diet Pepsi Machine,
or Terry Tate...Office Linebacker
Old 09-26-2005   #38
slyfox68
Veteran

HONORABLE MENTION:

Adrianne Curry...Tight End...Lingerie Bowl III
Old 09-27-2005   #39
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

By what we've seen so far, a 2nd receiver or stud O Lineman would be ideal. Orlando Pace would have been a great pickup, but he must have smelled what was in the pot. As far as Moss and C Johnson at WR, its a coin toss.

On Defense I would go DL Casey Hampton. He's a hole clogger and a home town boy from Galveston Ball. I lined up against him in HS, and was beat to hell and back.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #40
THEFUTURE
All Pro

you know its funny when guys pick michael vick, because supposedly he wouldnt get sacked as much, he was sacked what 40+ times last year, its not like he doesnt get sacked
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read