Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2005   #41
Best Uniforms Ever
Rookie

Is it just me or does beating the Texans equate out to picking on a retarded kid?
Best Uniforms Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #42
cadahnic
All Pro

You know BUE i like your approach to the **** talking, but how quickly you forget of how bad you were not 3 years ago. come on man you won 3 games against chumpass teams, dont get that confident. I will make you a bet right now that if Cinci makes the playoffs and actually wins a game against a legitimate team I will profess how great the Bungles are.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #43
Best Uniforms Ever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
You know BUE i like your approach to the **** talking, but how quickly you forget of how bad you were not 3 years ago. come on man you won 3 games against chumpass teams, dont get that confident. I will make you a bet right now that if Cinci makes the playoffs and actually wins a game against a legitimate team I will profess how great the Bungles are.

Trust me I haven't forgotten the Bungles. But it's just nice to gloat every once in a while. Unless you were a season ticket holder for all those years, 15 long years, you wouldn't understand. So trust me that is still burned into my memory.

But the thing about the NFL is, I will explain it so Titan Hater will understand it. Football aint like big time 'Wrastlin.' There isn't one person who holds a belt and that's the person you have to beat. No one has to beat the Patriots this year to be Superbowl Champs this year. Every year starts fresh. The past couple haven't been bad. This looks to be pretty great for the Bengals.
Old 09-27-2005   #44
BengalStripes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
One thing I'm wondering about, how is it that the Bengals "only" scored 24 points when bears QB Orton threw _5_ INT's?
Did your O suck, I would think that you, based on the 5 INT's, should be able to score more, or at least produce more yardage?
Chicago's D is no joke. They will win plenty of games this year. Well, they will win 8 for sure, which should be enough to take that division...LOL
BengalStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #45
Best Uniforms Ever
Rookie

Look at the stats before the Bengals v Bears game last Sunday. The Bears were one of the top rated defenses before the game and playing at Soldier Field is no easy task.

But anyway you want to spin it or slice it the Bengals will be 4-0 at about 4 pm on Sunday 10/02/05.
Old 09-28-2005   #46
Jophis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I think it will be a close game. One should never underestimate a team coming off of a bye week nor a coordinator change. Moreover, after a 3-0 start you will be seeing a lot more attention and this will give Chad Johnson a chance to run his mouth which always makes for good locker room fodder

This is a draw a line in the sand type of game for the Texans and individual players. It should be close.
This is what worries me- not this week , but at some point that we under estimate somebody. Sometimes the margin between a great team and a mediocre team can be pretty small on a given day. Fortunately we have been on both sides of this the last two years and I know Marvin won't let them let up.
Jophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #47
Jophis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I think our offense will look much better, but not great, and our D will look horrible. We're just going to get trounced in a different way this time.

Do you think it will take a few games to adjust to the new OC?
Jophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2005   #48
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophis
Do you think it will take a few games to adjust to the new OC?
I dont realy think so. Because were realy going to run the same offense the new coordinator is just more intense. Aleast thats what ive heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #49
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTyler
Not sure what set you off there... the Bears D is for real, and is the reason we "only" scored 24...
I agree the Bears defense is for real. There's just one problem who's there QB again? That could have somthing to do with the reason they suck.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 09-28-2005   #50
BengalTyler
Rookie

I hear ya... the Bears aren't too far off--I wouldn't say they suck. (oh, and after reading a few other threads, I see what "set you off", metal mike.
BengalTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #51
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTyler
I hear ya... the Bears aren't too far off--I wouldn't say they suck. (oh, and after reading a few other threads, I see what "set you off", metal mike.
Ya QB is realy there only weakness.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2005   #52
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1989
The Bengals are surprising alot of people we are very excited in Bengaldom, we havent had much to get excited about for quite a while. .
Boomer I feel for you. I am originally from Louisiana and was a Saints fan for 30+ years. I know what it's like.

Speaking of Boomer, one of the funniest moments in football I have ever seen was one game when the Bengals were in the Superdome playing the Saints. The league had just put in the "noise rule, 5 yard penality. The Bengals was close to the Saints endzone, the fans yelling like crazy. They threw the flag against the Saints for too much noise, the Bengals Offense couldn't hear. Boomer was kneeling on the sideline waving his arms, egging the fans on to yell, and be damn the Saints got another noise flag. After they stepped off the penality, Boomer was waving his arms again.

This was so funny, I was laughing so hard, I was crying. Don't know if you remember this or not. I will never forget it.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #53
mongoloido
Rookie

Sorry, yet another Bengals fan sticking his nose in here. I promise to be nice.

One thing that confused me with the Texans was the promotion of Pendry to offensive coordinator. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the offensive line been a bit of an achilles heel to this offense? Is it really wise to put that guy in charge of the offense when he has had questionable results with the line?

Or have I just shown how little I know about the Texans team?
mongoloido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #54
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloido
Sorry, yet another Bengals fan sticking his nose in here. I promise to be nice.

One thing that confused me with the Texans was the promotion of Pendry to offensive coordinator. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the offensive line been a bit of an achilles heel to this offense? Is it really wise to put that guy in charge of the offense when he has had questionable results with the line?

Or have I just shown how little I know about the Texans team?
Realy I question the move to. Alot of Texans fans think he was fired to give capers more time. Pendry runs the offense that capers wants to run. Which is Run. :brickwall

Quote:
Old 09-28-2005   #55
mongoloido
Rookie

Makes sense then. I like Davis. He needs to hold onto the ball a little better, but I really like his versatility. What did he have, 1700ish yards of offense last year? Give that kid the ball and throw it to Andre anytime the defense pulls those safeties up.... Although I just noticed your angry, head banging icon. I'm guessing you don't dig that run oriented offense of the Steelers?
mongoloido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #56
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Uniforms Ever
Is it just me or does beating the Texans equate out to picking on a retarded kid?
OUCH------now that one hurt, cut all the way to the bone!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #57
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Makes sense then. I like Davis. He needs to hold onto the ball a little better, but I really like his versatility. What did he have, 1700ish yards of offense last year? Give that kid the ball and throw it to Andre anytime the defense pulls those safeties up.... Although I just noticed your angry, head banging icon. I'm guessing you don't dig that run oriented offense of the Steelers?
I wouldnt mind having a run oriented offense if we had a good oline and a big bruiser at RB.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2005   #58
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
It is pretty obvious now that Pendry was brought in to replace Chris Palmer if he couldn't right the offense. Pendry was Caper's O.C. in Carolina the first four years of existence and the Bills O.C. the first two years Bledsoe was there. He has had some success elsewhere. Whether he can do anything with this group is another issue.

I feel that part of the problem with the O-line is that the play calling has been so predictable based upon our formations and personnel, that defenses can anticipate what the line will attempt to do. That is a recipe for failure. O

Our best offensive player is AJ (Andre Johnson). He went to the Pro Bowl last year and is double-teamed just about every play. Playing opposite of him is Corey Bradford. Bradford has speed and is great at the long bomb, but has suspect hands and an inability to get open on intermediate routes. Jabar Gaffney (who has been injured) and Derrick Armstrong are very reliable possession receivers, but are not great at getting YAC's. Our TE's are below average and one-dimensional. DD (Dominick Davis) is an average back with good hands, some quickness, and good field vision. He doesn't have breakaway speed, and he isn't a power back (although he can run through a tackle). The big issue is the line. We lose the battle of the trenches on most plays, and often get flagged for pre-snap penalties. A rookie to watch is WR Mathis. He has 4.28 speed, but has been sidelined the first two games. He will probably return kicks and see a few plays on offense.

Defensively we have no pass-rush. In fact, I don't think any of the front seven has a sack yet this season. ROLB Antwaan Peek has speed, but his head isn't always on straight. The front-seven really seems to underperform as a unit. We do have a shut-down corner in Dunte Robinson, but we have issues at the other cornerback spot. Carson Palmer will probably be picking on the #2 and #3 corners (Faggins and Buchanon) all day.

The one guy on our team that performs well every week is our punter. When you can say that, you know you are in for a long season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #59
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
In fact, I don't think any of the front seven has a sack yet this season.
Not that it matters but Peek smacked Roethlisberger for a sack. Seemed like a coverage sack but it was still a sack.
Old 09-28-2005   #60
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Just double checked the spelling of Roethlisberger and I got it right from memory. <Pats self on the back>

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read