Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2005   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr or Eli

Could Carr have been as good as Eli should be ?
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #2
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Funny how just a few months ago threads were being started about Carr being better than Mike Vick. Now it's come down to this. I'll say this, Baby Manning has better awareness and field vision than Carr. Until Carr can figure out how to read a D, he'll be a subpar backup.
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #3
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

Carr!
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd pick Carr. I'm not that impressed with Manning at this point.
Old 09-25-2005   #5
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Manning's impressed me so far tonight during the SD game. Steps into the pocket, avoids pressure, remains poised at San Diego.
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop
I would too if I wasn't running for my life. Good call. Eli rocks!
The key to the statement was that he shows poise under pressure, at least for this game.
Old 09-25-2005   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so tired of this BS. Carr was the Texans best option at the time period. anything else is pure hindsight
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2005   #8
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

I haven't watched Eli play very much but I have been watching the game tonight. He looked ok at times but he made a few HUGE mistakes and got lucky as hell that neither one came back to bite him.

1. Threw a pass to Plaxico and it should have been intercepted for a touchdown but the CB dropped it.
2. Threw a pass that was intercepted for a touchdown but it got called back on a tick tack penalty.

I would take Carr at this points. Eli would get eaten alive if he played on the Texans.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #9
CajunTexan
Veteran

Eli looks more comfortable this year than last, but look at the players around him! Pro-bowler Tiki Barber with a great ground game. Plexico Burras, stout offensive line. He has everything he needs to be successful.

I'd take Carr.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunTexan
Eli looks more comfortable this year than last, but look at the players around him! Pro-bowler Tiki Barber with a great ground game. Plexico Burras, stout offensive line. He has everything he needs to be successful.

I'd take Carr.
I agree that Eli looks more comofrtable, but we have an all pro WR and a RB who has had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. As for the Giant's line it is very young. I remeber all of the bad press they were getting last year and they did not sign any pro bowl lineman. It appears that Eli was able to take his game to another level.
Old 09-25-2005   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall Since the 1998 draft QBs taken 1st overall are

98 Manning (goes to playoffs )
99 Couch ( expansion , out of league )
01 Vick ( goes to playoffs )
02 Carr ( expansion , wishes he had 1 wish )
03 Palmer ( should go to playoffs )
04 Manning ( should be good QB next year )
05 Smith ( has good seats )

Poor David gets the job of flying a kite with no wind blowing . Couch tried but his kite crashed . Its just hard on a QB to go to an expansion team .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #12
CajunTexan
Veteran

I love Dre and DD more than my luggage, but at this point in both of their careers, are not at the same level. Maybe you can argue Dre is, but I do not believe there is a defensive coordinator in the leaque that game plans for DD. He does not strike fear in any defense. He is awesome in spurts, but due to his size wears down and can be stopped.
Old 09-25-2005   #13
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunTexan

I'd take Carr.
Your also forgetting about a little known tight end named Jeremy Shockey. Eli has TONS of weapons.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #14
CajunTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Your also forgetting about a little known tight end named Jeremy Shockey. Eli has TONS of weapons.
Word!!!!!
Out
Old 09-26-2005   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rookie Sacks:

My boy Eli: 13
Car: NFL Record 75
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #16
Elite
Veteran

ill take Eli i like the poise he shows and the maturity he shows in the pocket its only his second year and already looks years ahead of our poor beat up David Carr.
Old 09-26-2005   #17
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I'm so tired of this BS. Carr was the Texans best option at the time period. anything else is pure hindsight
Not meaning to pick this post out on purpose as there are so many more like it but using it as a reference: People expected Carson Palmer to step up and so far he seems to have, people think Eli Manning should be doing more (based on name more than anything at a guess) and he has started to show it, Teaxns fans expect David Carr to do something/anything/everything he can and so far it's looking like he's gone further back from where he started. Whether it's fact or opinion, it's not far from being the truth despite the diffrence in O-Lines. Good quality QB's show that they can improve not make themselves or their team for that matter, worse!!!
Old 09-26-2005   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't watched Eli play very much but I have been watching the game tonight. He looked ok at times but he made a few HUGE mistakes and got lucky as hell that neither one came back to bite him.

1. Threw a pass to Plaxico and it should have been intercepted for a touchdown but the CB dropped it.
2. Threw a pass that was intercepted for a touchdown but it got called back on a tick tack penalty.

I would take Carr at this points. Eli would get eaten alive if he played on the Texans.
I agree with LBC. Eli also stares down his recievers and has longer than 3 secs. to get rid of the ball.

I'd take Carr any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #19
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Rookie Sacks:

My boy Eli: 13
Car: NFL Record 75
All that means is that Eli didn't start as a rookie and Carr started on an expansion team. Also Eli had a better O-Line and again Carr started on an expansion team.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:

Eli - 2nd year
Carr - 4th year
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read