Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Good luck, Texans v Bengals

med

Practice Squad
With much of the area overwhelmed by the devastation of hurricane Rita, I know many of your city, team, staff, and fans may be confronting real problems now.

I reside in Dayton Ohio, just a quick drive north of Cincy. Our thoughts go out to you.

If the Texans need facilities to practice and prepare for next week's game, they will be treated with great kindness in the Buckeye state......until game time that is. Good luck to all.

It's amazing how cordial Bengal fan is since they are 3-0!!! No really, thanks for the kind words. Now that the pleasantries are done, first your logo hurts my eyes worse than the teams uni's!! Second, I am keeping my fingers crossed (makes it kinda hard to type) but, that the Texans show up in Cincy with something to prove and "The Tonight Show" starring Johnny Carson Palmer is feeling as froggy as you are and are looking past a wounded bull!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!! :texflag:

I don't think the Coach would allow the team to look past anyone!!!

Seriously, we've taken our licks in the past... it's taken this Coach 3 years to just get the Bengals to this point... I know alot of so-called "experts" look past your team, but "on any given Sunday..."

Has the change in OC helped or hurt your team? Who's the one to watch on your off? def?

We aren't cordial because we're 3-0. We're cordial because we were humbled by years of being the laughingstock of the league (from 1991-2002). But since Marvin Lewis arrived on the scene we've been turning it around. We're young at many positions on both sides of the ball, so we'll be better in a year or two. But we're pretty good already.

thanks for the kind words, enjoy your victory at Riverfront... hopefully next year we'll be able to give you more of a game.

I just hope the Texans make it a game and fight til the end. Thats all I want to see. At this point, winning will be a bi-product of their effort.

Like the other Bengal fans have said, don't waste your time hoping the Bengals will look past the Texans. With Coach Marvin Lewis at the helm, it won't happen. Take solace in the fact that we Bengals fans can identify with the current state of the Texans, and won't be rubbing anything in. At least most of us won't...there are always a few jerks in every crowd.

Having read quite a few of the post's here and on the Texan's Msg board's in general and I was starting to get a familiar feeling that alot of bengals fans refer to as the age of helplessness. I know it sounds a lot like pandering but I hope that the Texans come to Cincinnati ready to play, perhaps both teams can benefit from it. I want my Bengals to win but I also want the Texans to bring a good game and leave feeling like they are not down and out but turning things around. Here's hoping for a good game.

Sapper87 said:
Has the change in OC helped or hurt your team? Who's the one to watch on your off? def?

The change in OC definately didn't hurt our team. The player to watch on off: David Carr. He needs to show the heart and energy he's shown in the past. He has to start proving he's not just a QB, he's also a winner. We need to come out slinging the ball. Andre Johnson is a true weapon, we need to use him. And not just for 2 yard pass situations.

The player to watch on def: Dunta Robinson. Not only is he an excellant db, but he's emerging as a leader. He says all the right things to the press, makes plays on the field, and get's into his teammates faces when they give up or completely suck on a play. Honestly our D has done better than expected this year, considering the average starting position of our opponents and the amount of time they have to be on the field. A key thing to see will be if Dunta has inspired Buchannon to play hard. Buchannon is a show off, and if he get's things rolling he could be a fun show. If he busts a return for a touchdown, I say watch out he'll probably pick at least one pass as well.

No, we Bengal fans have seen the lowest of low times is why we don't try to come over here with an attitude (most of us any way). I just hope that it is a good game this weekend and everyone comes out healthy. Good Luck!

By the way: I'm tired of all this "just wanted to say good luck, hope it's a good game" talk. Maybe you boys in Ohio don't understand the way football is played in Texas. (I mean I can't blame you, you grew up with the Bengals.) I don't hope it's a good game, I hope we somehow turn our season around and start by beating the ever living **** out of you. That's the kind of attitude you have to have to win football games and that's the kind of attitude the TEXAS Longhorns carried into Ohio State.

Haams said:
By the way: I'm tired of all this "just wanted to say good luck, hope it's a good game" talk. Maybe you boys in Ohio don't understand the way football is played in Texas. (I mean I can't blame you, you grew up with the Bengals.) I don't hope it's a good game, I hope we somehow turn our season around and start by beating the ever living **** out of you. That's the kind of attitude you have to have to win football games and that's the kind of attitude the TEXAS Longhorns carried into Ohio State.

Check yourself Pal would you rather have smack spewing trolls. I meant what I said I am hoping for a good game. I have a feeling that you probably don't represent the Best that Texas has to offer

Haams said:
:rolleyes:

Haams said:
Like all of the Bengals fans said, there are a few in every crowd.... Good Luck to Cincy the rest of season (after sunday:P) , Im pulling for them since they have been down for so long. :texflag:

Haams said:
Sure we know how football is played in Texas. Our Div.1 state champ Colrain Cardinals whooped your 5A champs Tyler-Lee a couple of weeks ago. And there will be no change from that this sunday. I invite all who dare from the Texan message board to come on up to...
http//www.cincinnatibengals.com to talk some smack.
C-Y'LL THERE. WHO-DEY

WhoCanStop85in05 said:
Sure we know how football is played in Texas. Our Div.1 state champ Colrain Cardinals whooped your 5A champs Tyler-Lee a couple of weeks ago. And there will be no change from that this sunday. I invite all who dare from the Texan message board to come on up to...
http//www.cincinnatibengals.com to talk some smack.
C-Y'LL THERE. WHO-DEY

umm our 5a champ was Soutlake Carroll, you know, ranked 1st in the nation...

Not sure which is more humorous, Wise Old Betting Fan 3 similar posts in different threads or LCROD's 3 similar replies right after them.

Regardless - looking for the Texans to get out of pre-season mode... actually more like off season mode and start playing the games. The way the Bengals have opened the season is impressive and I'm glad for their fans that have been at the bottom for too long in the past. (Make sure y'all kick off the 'waggoners that all of the sudden have become "fans" of the Bengals.)

I'm thinking this may be one of our flukes this year (Indy being another) that we pull out a win. The brain is saying that we may not, but at least put up a better game than the first two.

Good luck Bengals fans. Thanks for all the suppport and love!

Hopefully the "real Texan team" shows up for a decent game, not an embarassment.

Hey, Palmer and CJ are the real thing. They should blow out numbers for their fantasy owners this year!

bobby 119C :ok:

A4toZ said:
Not sure which is more humorous, Wise Old Betting Fan 3 similar posts in different threads or LCROD's 3 similar replies right after them.

Regardless - looking for the Texans to get out of pre-season mode... actually more like off season mode and start playing the games. The way the Bengals have opened the season is impressive and I'm glad for their fans that have been at the bottom for too long in the past. (Make sure y'all kick off the 'waggoners that all of the sudden have become "fans" of the Bengals.)

I'm thinking this may be one of our flukes this year (Indy being another) that we pull out a win. The brain is saying that we may not, but at least put up a better game than the first two.

Yeah - I Try lol...Just trying make it easier for the mods to catch. After posting all 3 I realized I just became a spammer. My bad.....

Heres to a good clean injury free (Texan Win) Game.

Another Bengals fan here. At any other time I would probably talk smack, but I live in south Florida and can kind of relate to what is going on over there. Hope everyone and your families are safe. And, after this Sunday anyway, good luck!

Back