Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2005   #1
yaboycm
Veteran

Default Does anybody else think it is strange we...

Does anybody else think it is strange we Replaced our offensive coordinator with our offensive line coach?

There's our guy.

The part of the team that is complained about the most, we are letting the guy who coached that part of the team, call our plays on offense.

Matt, meet the head coach of your new team,
Or

Go Bulls!
Old 09-25-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought why at first. i mean, the o-line is the worst part of the offence according to lots of people. but he has experienced with calling plays and thats why he got the job, IMO
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #3
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
i thought why at first. i mean, the o-line is the worst part of the offence according to lots of people. but he has experienced with calling plays and thats why he got the job, IMO

So does Kippy Brown, and success at it. We had to keep it in house for the time being. I thought he would be the logical choice. Doesn't make sense.

Coaches can have names like Kippy, you don't want someone coming after the qb to be named Kippy though.

No Seths or Robairres or Garys or Jasons either.
Old 09-26-2005   #4
metalmike
Veteran

Yes it is strange. Capers will be gone after this season. I can't wait until they get a real coach. Go Texans, Rockets, Astros, and Longhorns. screw Dallas and screw OU
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is:

Was Pendry coaching the line according to Palmer's orders\schemes?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 292438 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
The question is:

Was Pendry coaching the line according to Palmer's orders\schemes?
That's a question that I've been thinking about, too.

And who, exactly, decided to change blocking schemes? Did Palmer's previous offenses use man blocking or zone blocking?

And it is common to have two offensive line coaches on NFL teams?

I find it very interesting that Coach Capers' man was put in place, probably against the wishes of Palmer (seeing now that Capers and Palmer did not see eye-to-eye). Then, just two games into a season, given the first chance - Palmer gone, Pendry promoted.
Old 09-26-2005   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The other thing I thought of was how Pendry is probably not really an Oline coach but a good offensive coordinator much like Palmer is one heck of a QB coach but not really a good offensive coordinator.

But you bring up a very interesting point about Pendry basically being put there while we wait for the right time to replace Palmer with Pendry.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2005   #8
Buzz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
The other thing I thought of was how Pendry is probably not really an Oline coach but a good offensive coordinator much like Palmer is one heck of a QB coach but not really a good offensive coordinator.
I was thinking the same thing- both guys were out of place. I'm cautiously optimistic about Pendry now, since he's in a position that he's probably more comfortable with, and Capers is going to work together with him instead of not wanting to cooperate.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #9
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Did I miss something is Matt your dog.

Keep dreaming bro.

When Carr goes to the Pro-Bowl and takes this team to the playoffs and a Superbowl win, I am going to talk so much they will ban me from this board.

Texans in the Super Bowl?

Do you have a pulse?
Old 09-26-2005   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pendry HAS had some sucess as an OC, but I am not sure what the quality of those teams were when he took over. By that I'm wondering if he stepped into a spot with what was already a good team or did he take a bad situation (see 05 Texans) and make a positive out of it. Did he have a solid o-line to start with, unlike what he will be working with here. I am cautiously optimistic though, but would NOT be surprised if we didn't see real positive improvement for the next 2-3 games as he puts his plan in.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Does anybody else think it is strange we Replaced our offensive coordinator with our offensive line coach?
The team was in some kind of a funk. No desire whatsoever.
They had to do something for some kind of a shake up, maybe not as much of a shakeup as we wanted, but at least they did try something. If it don't work, go to the next step.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read