Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default capers the coach in 2006...

if we make the playoffs!!!

does anyone else believe that is the only way capers is still the head coach of the texans next year.

at this point i don't think a 7-9 season will cut it...we have to see "progression" and 7-9 will not be progression enough
Old 09-25-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It all comes down to how McNair thinks . . . and how you want him to think.

Case in point . . . for some of you, Drayton McLane doesn't think the way you want him to.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
It all comes down to how McNair thinks . . . and how you want him to think.
Case in point . . . for some of you, Drayton McLane doesn't think the way you want him to.
I dunno what that means Marcus ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #4
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I dunno what that means Marcus ?

What will sell tickets and keep fans interested.
Old 09-25-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

if we dont make the play offs capers will prolly be gone. I like him we just need to get past our conservative ways !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll stay if we go 9-7...probably even 8-8. It's an improvement over last year's record and fits in with the ol' "five year plan".

Personally, I'd be a little satisfied if we go 8-8 or better at this point. It's not great, but it would be an improvement.
Old 09-26-2005   #7
wenskek
Rookie

i hope we get last so we get the number one pick and so capers goes, i am sick of this guy.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2005   #8
COOL V
Rookie

Default Who will we pick at No 1???

Who will we pick with the First Draft Pick??? At this point we are the worse team in the NFL. Cincy and Cleveland used to be the worst teams, now they are both better than we are. We can't even get the ball to our best(Only) receiver, but these two manage to do that. watch highlights from them and you'll see. The Texans don't play like a Real team, it's sick. Pick a receiver that way we can cut him before the season starts like we do with most of our draft picks or give our picks away Casserly. It sure has worked out so far.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #9
Elite
Veteran

God i really hope not i think there's nothing Capers could do to save his job honestly speaking this team hasnt showed me they can win a Game much less battle for the Wild Card.
Old 09-26-2005   #10
metalmike
Veteran

Capers is gone for sure. 8-8 are you kidding me? at the rate the they are at they'll be lucky to win 6 games. maybe it's a good thing to get a top 2 or 3 draft pick. get a coach to take them to the next level, and pick up a college stud.
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #11
Davis37
All Pro

Maybe it is Casserlys master plan to tank it this year and get the #1 overall pick this year. Then he can trade the #1 pick to someone that is dying to get Leinart (sp?) and get 2 firsts or something like that. Hopefully we get a new head coach to go with our high draft picks.
Old 09-26-2005   #12
Mr. B
Rookie

Should have canned Capers this season and went after Saban hard. At least you would have a defense that goes after it.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point of the season and yes it is very early.. But what i see of this team is regression. Offensively and defensively. Defensively I feel we are in trouble because Payne and Walker are just getting older and slower .. Offensively .. we don't have the OL that we need and IMO McKinney is overpaid for a center.. Guard was his position and yes hindsight is 20/20 but we should have kept him at Guard.

My point with this.. Next years draft IMO won't fill all the holes that we have. We need OL .. we need DL and we will need some secondary (Coleman is getting long in the tooth too and Buchanon. .. I hope he turns it around)

As far as Capers goes... I think he will be gone if the Defense doesn't get turned around (that is supposed to be his specialty) and he has his guy Fangio running it.. Offensively.. what I hear about Pendry more of a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy.. What purpose does that have? I mean you have a QB that if we get Mr Miyagi to teach Carr the "Wax on and Wax off" technique of reading a defense.. we will be ok.. We have a superstar at WR yet we are going with a ball controll offense? (from what I read) .. hell we might as well go get Ricky Williams and get a legit RB that can take it the distance (no knock on DD he is solid, but he isn't going to be the workhorse or game breaker at RB that we would need)

Only thing I can think of with Capers is we have to show that the team hasn't quit on him (remember the comments last year) and that we make a push for the playoffs.. if not.. the 4 year plan didn't work and at this point. I don't think it has worked .. i'd say it has been working if we lost the 1st 2 games yet were competitive, we weren't competitive..both sides of the ball.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #14
CyberTexan
Veteran

I think Hiring Jimmy Johnson as head coach next year would deffinately get us to buy tickets
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
He'll stay if we go 9-7...probably even 8-8. It's an improvement over last year's record and fits in with the ol' "five year plan".
Honestly, I think the whole ''five year plan is out the wondow''. The reason I say that is because the Texans were 7-9 last year, and they stayed in the playoff race until the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. In that case, I'd say the Texans are far enough along to compete. My point (opinion) is this, if you go 7-9 one year, the next year your goal should be playoffs. Bar none. They showed they can compete, they showed that they can stay in the playoff hunt. In that case the next year the goal should be playoffs. I don't care if you've been in the league for 3 years or 63 years.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #16
Davis37
All Pro

I never really expected us to make the playoffs this year. A while back I predicted we would go 8-8. Im not so sure we can even get to .500 this year now. We are 0-2 and most likely gonna be 0-3 after playin Cincy. Our defense hasnt looked good and our offense has looked horrible so I dont see us beating the Colts this year either. That makes 0-5. that means we gotta go 8-3 the rest of our games. I can see us sweeping the Titans but Jacksonville will probally split games with us. That would make it 3-6. I also see Seattle making us their whipping boys with the Ravens doing the same. 3-8... I can see us beating the 49ers, Browns, and Cards, but we all know how the Cleveland game went last year. 6-8... I dont really see us beating KC or the Rams right now. 6-10. To be honest I would rather see us go 4-12 than 6-10 cause then we would most likely have the first pick in the draft and could trade down for alot more high picks. Hopefully our team can turn it all around with the recent changes and have a decent season but they havent shown me anything good this season.
Old 09-26-2005   #17
wenskek
Rookie

right now the only games i see us getting are the cards, possibly both titan games, and maybe the 49ers, but the 49s put up some good offensive numbers on the cowboys yesterday.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I never really expected us to make the playoffs this year. A while back I predicted we would go 8-8. Im not so sure we can even get to .500 this year now. We are 0-2 and most likely gonna be 0-3 after playin Cincy. Our defense hasnt looked good and our offense has looked horrible so I dont see us beating the Colts this year either. That makes 0-5. that means we gotta go 8-3 the rest of our games. I can see us sweeping the Titans but Jacksonville will probally split games with us. That would make it 3-6. I also see Seattle making us their whipping boys with the Ravens doing the same. 3-8... I can see us beating the 49ers, Browns, and Cards, but we all know how the Cleveland game went last year. 6-8... I dont really see us beating KC or the Rams right now. 6-10. To be honest I would rather see us go 4-12 than 6-10 cause then we would most likely have the first pick in the draft and could trade down for alot more high picks. Hopefully our team can turn it all around with the recent changes and have a decent season but they havent shown me anything good this season.
on my pre-season prediciton I had the Texans losing the first three games, yeah thats right 0-3 regrouping, plus easier schedule and finishing 8-8. ask me if I'm still confident, well, ahh, maybe but it is still possible
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #19
touttail
All Pro

I truly feel that McNair's patience has run out with Capers. I don't think he would can him in the middle of the season, but he will be gone after this year.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #20
Demon
Rookie

Perhaps, and just perhaps, the Texans will work hard with the bye week and come back stronger and smarter for the next 14 games. Otherwise, more heads will roll, including Capers.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read