Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-24-2005   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default USC is losing to Oregon 10-0 in 2nd quarter

You're kidding me right??

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #2
Fldvldog
Veteran

17-13 USC so far...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

USC dominated the last 10 minutes of the 2nd QT thru end of the game. their schedule is cake & should go undefeated. when they reach the rose bowl it will be a new game, Texas, Michigan State, Virgina Tech all would present stiff challenges. the National Championship is a more wide open affair than belived
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Talk about jinxing someone. 45 unanswered points.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #5
MarleyFan
Veteran

USC goes to Tempe to play a good ASU team next week. The QB for ASU, Sam Keller is one of the best QB's in the country. USC still has to play a rejuvenated Notre Dame and UCLA teams plus they have to play at CAL, and an always s****** Fresno State. So their remaining schedule is far from a cake walk.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
USC goes to Tempe to play a good ASU team next week. The QB for ASU, Sam Keller is one of the best QB's in the country. USC still has to play a rejuvenated Notre Dame and UCLA teams plus they have to play at CAL, and an always ********** Fresno State. So their remaining schedule is far from a cake walk.
USC is used to hostile environments, plus ASU was beaten @ home by LSU and Notre Dame lost to Michigan State (both fun to watch, excellent games) at home. UCLA beat a down year Oklahoma team, big deal & I don't think Cal can be that good since they lost half their offense from last year to the NFL Aaron Rodgers & JJ Arrington just to name a few. And Fresno State? Oregon beat them last week 37-34.

If USC played in the Atlantic Coast, Sotheastern, Big 10 or 12 then you could make a strong case, but I just don't feel the level of competition they face will be that difficult for them to overwhelm, but that just my opinion
Old 09-25-2005   #7
Fldvldog
Veteran

Some of you all may think that I'm crazy, but I think that Virginia Tech could take USC. VT has a better defense, explosive special teams, and a very good offense. We could be seeing a VT, USC National Championship game...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2005   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

If VT and Texas both go undefeated, VT will play USC in the Rose. The voters are not going to put another undefeated Big12 team in the title game when there's another undefeated team from one of the other major conferences (thanks, ou).
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #9
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
If VT and Texas both go undefeated, VT will play USC in the Rose. The voters are not going to put another undefeated Big12 team in the title game when there's another undefeated team from one of the other major conferences (thanks, ou).

Dear Huge,
You are right, the BCS WILL take the #3 team over the #2 team for the national championship.

Holla,
Old 09-25-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Some of you all may think that I'm crazy, but I think that Virginia Tech could take USC. VT has a better defense, explosive special teams, and a very good offense. We could be seeing a VT, USC National Championship game...
Virgina Tech I could buy! this Vick has all the elusive abilities of his older brother but looks to pass first and run only when designed or absoultly needed. as far as the BCS and who plays who I'd strongly support a 8 team playoff using the exiting bowl structure with the additional True National Championship game. I disdain politics in sports, all outcomes should be deceided on the field
Old 09-25-2005   #11
TexansCanes
All Pro

at this point i think va tech has the best chance of beating usc. is it me or does this hookies team exactly the same as the 99 squad. great defense lead by an all-american de and an offense ran by a first year starter named vick. the defense is stacked and has playmakers all over the place (tapp, adibbi, williams) and could pose problems for the usc offense. i also think they have the style of offense to beat usc, the ability to consistantly run the ball up the middle and then use play action to let vick make plays with his arm or legs. i think vince could give the trojans problems but i question their ability to stop leinart, they gave up 22 points to ohio st. i think va tech v. usc would be a great rematch from last year, but i know i am in the minority on this board.
Old 09-25-2005   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Dear Huge,
You are right, the BCS WILL take the #3 team over the #2 team for the national championship.
If Texas is #2 in the BCS, then it won't be up to the BCS as to which team will play. It'll be Texas based off the simple #1 vs #2 rule.

But I think the voters begin to move VT closer to #2 during the year (they've already started this week) that they'll eventually pass Texas.
Old 09-26-2005   #13
MarleyFan
Veteran

It comes down to what Texas does against Oklahoma, that is their only true question mark.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Oklahoma is no longer ranked in the top 25. It's a lose-lose situation for the Longhorns in that game. Beat them - So what...they're unranked. Lose - Texas still can't beat Oklahoma.
Old 09-26-2005   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i know this isnt a fashionable pick....but FSU vs. USC in the national title game, and i'll tell you why. With Virginia Tech now in the ACC, they would have to win the ACC championship game against FSU to get the bowl spot. FSU doesnt really have another challenging game on their schedule till florida on the last weekend of the season. FSU runs the table, knocking off florida and V tech, then they will pass texas in the BCS standings. I know im discounting LSU, but really, they are going to lose at least one

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
I know im discounting LSU, but really, they are going to lose at least one
They should have lost their first one. The GW TD wasnt a catch.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #17
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as Ohio St rebounds and has a good year, and Texas runs the table. It will be USC and Texas.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
i know this isnt a fashionable pick....but FSU vs. USC in the national title game, and i'll tell you why. With Virginia Tech now in the ACC, they would have to win the ACC championship game against FSU to get the bowl spot. FSU doesnt really have another challenging game on their schedule till florida on the last weekend of the season. FSU runs the table, knocking off florida and V tech, then they will pass texas in the BCS standings. I know im discounting LSU, but really, they are going to lose at least one

For FSU to leapfrog UT they must make up 311 points. Unless UT loses, that will be tough to leapfrog.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #19
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Ok guys, I admit it. I got completely pazoned after I made this thread.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

and my prediction is starting to unfold...LSU loses to tennessee

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read