Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-23-2005   #1
lucky13

Default prediction: franchise to move to LA

either the raiders or chargers, drum roll please, or BOTH, will move to LA- neither will catch a break from the league this year as the league realizes you can't move a successfiul team. the "both" scenario is the raiders to LA and the chargers to orange county. neither the raiders nor chargers have new stadiums, and neither will get them.
Old 09-23-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

LA may get one team but two? No way.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
LA may get one team but two? No way.
Got that right. Heck, they don't even seem very interested in getting one, much less two.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I would think that the Saints are probably #1 on the list considering they are homeless, and have a population of around 10,000 right now.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #5
Buzz
Veteran

LA won't get a team until they change their attitude, and last I heard, it hasn't changed much. San Antonio would be a much better place to go, even though some people think the city isn't ready for the NFL. Why?

- it's in Texas, where "football is king"
- for now, they have a decent stadium ready to play in
- the Saints will make some people want an NFL team
- it's close enough to other places where a lot of potential fans live
- it might setup a rivalry with the Cowboys, Texans, or both
- the tourism will have out-of-towners around before and after games
- there should be enough local football people to get involved somehow

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are a few more good enough reasons to add to that list.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #6
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

There is no way the Raiders leave Oakland again, and I dont think SD would give up thier franchise to L.A. I predict the Jaguars move to L.A. and Saints move to S.A. within 2 years
Old 09-29-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreTxn
There is no way the Raiders leave Oakland again, and I dont think SD would give up thier franchise to L.A. I predict the Jaguars move to L.A. and Saints move to S.A. within 2 years
I pretty much agree with this philosophy. Although the thought of LA street gang colors changing to teal really does evoke a loud giggle out of me.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think it will be San Diego.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the sound of this better:

San Antonio Chargers

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #10
Don'tHate
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Don'tHate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I pretty much agree with this philosophy. Although the thought of LA street gang colors changing to teal really does evoke a loud giggle out of me.
Jags aren't moving...that is that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read