Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2005   #21
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i have trouble believing that Palmer is head and shoulders above Carr, or even above him at all in terms of talent. In terms of production, yes he is ahead of Carr. As long as Carr isn't protected, its impossible to judge him like every other quarterback, he is on pace to shatter his own record from 2002 in sacks...with 108!!!! are you kidding me? so until carr gets his protection, like carson palmer already has, then its to tough to compare numbers... in terms of chad johnson talking, if he was a texan, i would be fine with it as long as he produced, once he stops producing, and keeps talking..then its a problem
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #22
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

moss
to
holt
harrison
c johnson

in that order.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #23
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought this was about P-Burnt, AKA Notime

From the Raider Nation I was forewarned but neglected to hear the bad talk as I was giving Phillip the nod. Only to see him get burnt 3 times in the first quarter of our first game. He definetly has trouble with every scheme but seems to do alright in the nickle. He had an attitude problem with the Raiders and They threw a party when they heard he was leaving. He had some issues with them such as showing up to training camp in a Limo in Pajamas, He got burnt like he does here and he blatently missed catching a punt during a game, thats some of the things he did. I personally had the Raider Nation calling me calling me thier Hero for curing them of cancer, I am starting to feel like a hero to them.
Old 09-23-2005   #24
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
Yeah Chad is far from second rate. but he is only better than AJ because he has a real QB.
put AJ in cincy, and AJ will have better numbers. thats my opinion.
Old 09-23-2005   #25
stephen1
Veteran

Chad Johnson is a far better receiver than AJ.
I said it. What are you going to do?
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #26
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1
Chad Johnson is a far better receiver than AJ.
I said it. What are you going to do?

agree
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #27
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta, R.
moss
to
holt
harrison
c johnson

in that order.
I don't know about order but it's tough to argue with those 5 guys not being THE Top 5 Wr's. AJ is probably just Top 10 and no that doesn't mean I'm trashing our team or it's players but until our O-line improves we won't see how good 'Dre really is...
Old 09-24-2005   #28
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I like Chad Johnson as a player and a person, he's just havin' fun with the game. If you saw him on the Battle of the Gridiron thing on ESPN, he's a character.

That being said, it's pretty chickensh!t not to call out a team's number one corner.
Old 09-24-2005   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well they need to put D-Rob on CJ cause thats to much for faggins handling his first REAL start in PBs position.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #30
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default CJ is not even in AJ Class....

You put AJ in their offensive set up and he would destroy the NFL. He would be in the rare class of Jerry Rice, L.Swann, Stallworth, and other NFL Great Recievers. CJ is a quality WR but not even close to AJ. AJ is covered by three every game and his QB has NO, NONE, ZERO...NADA Second to get the ball to him.

Geaux Texans,

James H.
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #31
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphia1996
You put AJ in their offensive set up and he would destroy the NFL. He would be in the rare class of Jerry Rice, L.Swann, Stallworth, and other NFL Great Recievers. CJ is a quality WR but not even close to AJ. AJ is covered by three every game and his QB has NO, NONE, ZERO...NADA Second to get the ball to him.
Lynn Swann? The same Lynn Swann with 331 carrer catches and 51 touchdowns? He's in the hall of fame on superbowl rings alone.

That and you are drastically overrating Andre. If he was that good, he would truely be able to make plays for himself even on a bad team.
Old 09-24-2005   #32
Gulchie
Rookie

Hello everyone. I come in peace . . . just trying to get a feel for what is going on over here.

I think the ESPN thing regarding Chad was blown a little out of proportion. Each guy covering him has two boxes by their name, one indicating that they did cover him and one that they didn't so it all depends on how well they cover him as to which box gets a check. It is kind of a self motivational thing.

Really Chad is not a bad guy at all. Everything he does is done in a goofing off sort of trash talking. Very few players in the NFL are irritated by him . . . most actually seem to like him and laugh off most anything he says. He is actually probably one of the most fun loving people that you will ever find and will be the absolute first one to laugh at himself (he is absolutely the worst golfer in the history of the sport and is absolutely hilarious to watch on the course, the whole time saying that he is ready to take on Tiger while everyone he says this to falls on the ground laughing).

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck next week and tell you that I hope we have a good, safe game.
Gulchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #33
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Well... I'm a Texans fan. So as far as Chad Johnson talking noise, well I didn't see him doing anything in the post season either. Hopefully the "Good Guys" will humble him next weekend.

GO TEXANS!!!!

READ MY MOTTO!!!
Old 09-24-2005   #34
Tayton
Veteran

If we have anyone but Dunta on Chad Johnson he will have a field day. If Dunta is on Johnson, 3 catches 20 yrds.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #35
stephen1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphia1996

Geaux Texans,

James H.
Houston, Texas
quit being such a homer and accept the truth
stephen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #36
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton
If we have anyone but Dunta on Chad Johnson he will have a field day. If Dunta is on Johnson, 3 catches 20 yrds.
If he has 3 catches it will be for at least 60 yards. Clearly you did not see him today absolutely destroy his CB on the sideline with one step. And Dunta is fast but you cant catch a guy that is just as fast as you if not faster if he has a step or two on you
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #37
bengalsnation
Rookie

Alright this sounds a lot like what the bears fans were syaing a week ago. First off my prayers are with all of you in the hurricane. Second Chad has had this list for a while, besides the infamous pepto game no can stop chad your real concern should be being able to put up the points to match Palmer, chad, housh, C. henry, and R. Johnson. Don't think the bengals will look past you Marvin Lewis keeps his team in check at all times hell he would find things to complain about if they won the superbowl. I really hope your team does good this year (except next week ) i have 2 of your players on my fantasy team. but dont think your corner's can cover chad 1 on 1.
bengalsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #38
Sapper87
Rookie

Greetings ... just a quick howdy...

As a Bengals fan (having suffered through many years of "learning from losing") I unfortunately know very little about your team.

Anyone willing to help me with whom to watch during the game? What are your strengths? What are your less-than-strengths? I really don't place alot of value in the so-called "experts" or "analysts" (see their reaction to how the Bengals have played only "marginal" teams thus far) so I look to other fans for some "education". Makes the game more exciting to watch the better players on other teams.

Not a homer, or troll, just genuinely interested in watching a great game.

I'll try to answer any football questions about the Bengals you have, but I don't really want to waste my time (or yours) with alot of empty smack talk.

Our boards are at www.bengals.com (easy to register) and most Bengals fans enjoy a good discussion with opposing fans. I say most, but our boards are generalyl moderated pretty well, methinks.

Hope you are all recovering from the two storms, and we wish you all the best.

WHO DEY!!! (standard Bengal greeting <chuckle>)
Sapper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #39
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton
I remember CJ burning Bailey all over the field last year and IMO he is the best CB in the league. Drobs not that good yet.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #40
John Stofa
Rookie

Don't take Chad's mouth too seriously; he's harmless. He likes to talk and he loves attention, but he never disrespects anyone. He's not selfish and annoying like TO and Moss. Chad just likes to have a good time and motivate himself as much as possible. You'd love him if he was on your team.
John Stofa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read