Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2005   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default I think Carr wants out of Houston

In my opinion, I am feeling tha Carr wants out of H-Town, and I don't blame him. For 4 years now this organization has done their best to ruin his career, his confidence, and his heart. For three years, he took hit after hit and never really complained. He took shoulder injuries in stride to beat the Falcons with a heroic run that every single person on this board appreciated. He took a brand new team and gave them pride by beating the Cowboys in game #1. He took the abuse from the fans, as they poured beer on his poor wife. He has continued to get sacked, game after game, yet the only person that anyone wants to blame here is Carr himself.

Why isn't anyone blaming AJ for not getting free?
Why isn't anyone blaming DD for doing nothing with the rushing game?
Why isn't anyone blaming Dunta for not showing up yet?
Or Buchanan for that matter?

Everyone wants to blame the guy who put his heart, soul, and body into this team; waiting for the brass to protect him...and yet that have failed to make any sort of move to solidify this line. No other QB in the league would be able to succeed in this system.

For those who want Carr traded to Detroit for Williams....I bet you he would die to play for Detroit.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #2
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds
In my opinion, I am feeling tha Carr wants out of H-Town, and I don't blame him. For 4 years now this organization has done their best to ruin his career, his confidence, and his heart. For three years, he took hit after hit and never really complained. He took shoulder injuries in stride to beat the Falcons with a heroic run that every single person on this board appreciated. He took a brand new team and gave them pride by beating the Cowboys in game #1. He took the abuse from the fans, as they poured beer on his poor wife. He has continued to get sacked, game after game, yet the only person that anyone wants to blame here is Carr himself.

Why isn't anyone blaming AJ for not getting free?
Why isn't anyone blaming DD for doing nothing with the rushing game?
Why isn't anyone blaming Dunta for not showing up yet?
Or Buchanan for that matter?

Everyone wants to blame the guy who put his heart, soul, and body into this team; waiting for the brass to protect him...and yet that have failed to make any sort of move to solidify this line. No other QB in the league would be able to succeed in this system.

For those who want Carr traded to Detroit for Williams....I bet you he would die to play for Detroit.
First off. I like Carr and think is the right guy for this team.

I take major issue with some of your comments.
ONE freakin fan poured beer on his wife!!! Don't make it sound like all of our fans or even more than a handful of our fans are like this. Houston like all other major cities has it's wackos, murders, rapists and criminals. That was a criminal act commited by ONE person.

I agree with you the whole team is responsible and Carr is on that list but he is not our glaring weakness or even a major problem.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Sudds,

Calm down.

I think you're WISHING for Carr and thinking that he feels the same way you do.

LBC is right: that was ONE person who was probably gassed from drinking too much. Yes, it was wrong...but you ain't seen nothing 'till you read stories about the fans in New York, New England, Philadelphia. The beer dunking was by far an amateur act compared to what fans of those other teams will do when they get angry with a player.

Secondly, DD scored a TD against the Stellers. He actually, and now stay with me here, CAUGHT and HELD ONTO the ball when it was thrown to him. In addition, he was like superman on some of those three or five yard runs he had. When the defense would try to tackle him, he was DRIVING his legs and churning out as much extra inches as he could on every play. I saw NO lack of effort or determination on his behalf. His blocking in the Bills game was horrid, I'll admit that, but he blocked Palamalu correctly by shoving him to the far outside and Carr made a wrong decision and ducked the wrong way into him. It was a coin flip for Carr as to which way to duck, and he chose wrong.

Thirdly, the Dunta comment is soooooooo far off-base I don;t even know what to say. I think we watched different games. He layed some solid, and technically perfect tackles out there last Sunday. Unlike Buchanon who is so far behind Dunta in talent and determination that it's scary. Dunta and DD are about the two bright spots thus far on this team.

We're all a little emotional right now, but I think your imagination might be getting the best of you right now.

Carr is loyal. Carr is dedicated. He loves this community, and this community loves him. We're all fed up with the lack of o line support, but I don;t think he would cut and run so easily. That's my opinion.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #4
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Sudds,

Carr is loyal. Carr is dedicated. He loves this community, and this community loves him. We're all fed up with the lack of o line support, but I don;t think he would cut and run so easily. That's my opinion.

I agree. He also moved his whole immediate family to Texas and everyone has put down roots.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
I agree. He also moved his whole immediate family to Texas and everyone has put down roots.
Suckers!

I wonder if the jerk who poured beer on his wife ever reads this message board.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #6
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Suckers!

I wonder if the jerk who poured beer on his wife ever reads this message board.
What a jackass that guy is. If that guy is reading this right now, seriously just do the world a favor and kill yourself, by which you would be doing the entire North American gene pool a favor. Seriously just think about it.

Anyway, When Carr gets time and protection, granting his recievers are open, he delivers the ball accurately. I see no problem with our QB. I see a problem with our O-line, Wrs, and playcalling.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's game has regressed. And that is a problem.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2005   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

The whole beer dumping incodent is rediculas. I am curious though, does anyone know for a FACT that this happend for sure??? I'm sure it did. I've heard about it from everyone and their mom's now. I'm just wondering if anyone saw it first hand... or maybe it was in the chronicle?
Old 09-23-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

It happened. I don't know if anybody here saw it actually but at the time it happened there were posters here that were in direct contact with David's mother and family and it was all confirmed. I believe friends of the Carr's post here. They also spoke of it on 610 and I'm not sure David said something about it but believe me these are people close to David and they would know.

And for the record it was an isolated incident and people were very angry that it happened.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
The whole beer dumping incodent is rediculas. I am curious though, does anyone know for a FACT that this happend for sure??? I'm sure it did. I've heard about it from everyone and their mom's now. I'm just wondering if anyone saw it first hand... or maybe it was in the chronicle?

I saw it happened. I can turn around in my seats and see the Carr's suite. When everyone was booing David thats when my wife and I turned to see what Carr's family reaction was and then when saw the ***** pour his beer over the edge. Within 5 minutes the ***** was taken away and that was the last we heard of the *****.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Your thread title is verry misleading. Maybe a "My opinion: Carr wants out of Houston" would have been a better title.

Carr doesnt want out. Carr makes so much money playing QB for us, that he will weather the storm. Thats his bargaining chip with us. The only way I see him not being with us, is because we dont want him.

my
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think Carr is getting tired and his son has health issues. He is a family man and if it comes down to the game or his family I doubt money will have much to do with it. Management has been promising for 4 years to really do something about the line, including the owner last year, and quite frankly if you watched the game with Buffalo or the Dallas game with Washington you will see what a difference a line can make. We have not done that so I don't know why you would put stock in the word of the coaches, management or owners of the Texans to fix the line in a way that he could have chance to become the Qb and the Team all of us want the Texans to be. Carr is not getting any younger as each day goes by. How many productive years does he have left given the beating he has taken? There are rumors of headaches. Is he done with the Texans? I really think so. He's a company man so you won't know it until it happens, but I think he will be looking to go to greener pasturers. In my opinion the owner and the coaching staff have given nothing but lip service to protecting Carr. As the original poster said Carr has given his heart and soul to this ball club and that I say because that's his nature. He complained after the Cleveland game because he was so frustrated. Again its not his nature to complain. When you hear complaints from David you know something is really bad.

I said during the preseason that nothing good had happened and we were in for the long haul. The only optomism I held out was that Mathis might become the 2nd receiver and return man we were looking for and that might add significantly to our team. Some of the other receivers that I thought were going to possibly help and make a difference were released in favor of players like Bradford and an injured Gaffny. Gaffny is a problem not because he doesn't have talent, but because I think he lost a lot due to not being unable to participate in TC. He's not the same player right now.

When you look at what is happening with this team you see you have a HEAD COACH who wants to RUN HIS SYSTEM despite what the GM has provided him. The talent Casserly has surrounded CAPERS with does not fit CAPERS mold. The result is a square peg being forced into a round hole. Doesn't work very well and that is the crux of the matter. Capers was able to fire PALMER when in reality Capers should have been handed his pink slip at the end of the game against the Steelers. Didn't happen and won't happen until the owner begins to feel the loss of revenue heat. I doubt that fan boo's are going to make much of a difference. Perhaps countless bad reviews by the chronicle might have some impact, but I doubt it. This is all about money.

David is in Fresno to participate in some functions and to be out of the way of Rita. Hopefully he will have a more pleasant time while he is here. He is certainly loved by this community. He has some business ties with his friend Trent Dilfer in this area. We also have one of the best childrens hospital in the country.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #13
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Your thread title is verry misleading. Maybe a "My opinion: Carr wants out of Houston" would have been a better title.

Carr doesnt want out. Carr makes so much money playing QB for us, that he will weather the storm. Thats his bargaining chip with us. The only way I see him not being with us, is because we dont want him.

my
.........think your wrong in your assessment............. McClain has said on Nashville radio Carr agent has told all who will listen he wants out.............but John says that many in the league think he is the problem ..................I am starting to think Carr is not a very good QB either...........the OL is a problem but QB's make plays...........and Carr makes none. Joey Harrington has better numbers and gets all the criticism............now Carr is going to get it all............the honeymoon is over nationwide..................one AFC North general manager supposed was to have said Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem

Last edited by Bongo59; 09-23-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #14
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
.........McClain has said on Nashville radio Carr agent has told all who will listen he wants out.............but John says that many in the league think he is the problem

Do you have any link at all to back this statement up?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #15
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
.........think your wrong in your assessment............. McClain has said on Nashville radio Carr agent has told all who will listen he wants out.............but John says that many in the league think he is the problem ..................I am starting to think Carr is not a very good QB either...........the OL is a problem but QB's make plays...........and Carr makes none. Joey Harrington has better numbers and gets all the criticism............now Carr is going to get it all............the honeymoon is over nationwide..................one AFC North general manager supposed was to have said Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem
Betcha Al Davis could find another player to trade to the Texans for Carr. Perhaps another one in the mold of Buchannon. I might even venture to say that Dallas might be interested. I guess everyone has their opinions, but then things happen like they do with players like Drew. Of course he got better when his line was fixed too. I guess that is surprising though.
Old 09-23-2005   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Bongo59Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem[/QUOTE]

Why would he "Kill" to have those numbers when Carr had 3,500+ yards 16 TDs and 14 Ints.? By the way, Carrs numbers are pretty much the same as Brady's for yards, QB rating and completion percentage. True the TD to Int ratio is better, but there were a LOT more yards for Carr. We tend to run the ball in when in the red zone, so fewer TDs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=edo783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem[/QUOTE

Why would he "Kill" to have those numbers when Carr had 3,500+ yards 16 TDs and 14 Ints.? By the way, Carrs numbers are pretty much the same as Brady's for yards, QB rating and completion percentage. True the TD to Int ratio is better, but there were a LOT more yards for Carr. We tend to run the ball in when in the red zone, so fewer TDs.
thank you. im tired of when people say that carr had bad numbers last year.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry, i meant to quote edo's entire thing.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
thank you. im tired of when people say that carr had bad numbers last year.
Its like Volick vs Carr at Fresno State. Fresno has a tradition of playing there senior people at QB. Carr was not better than Volick when he 1st arrived and Fresno was running a Veer offense which was more suited to the running ability of Volick. When Volick left so did the Veer.

Quite Frankly I believe most of the QB's in the NFL are capable of being very good QB's if they have receivers and are afforded the protection of an offensive line. In the recent past Oakland was on the verge of being a SB winner, but people figured out how to get through the O-line to Gannon. When that happend Gannon became just a so-so QB and was never the same again. Confidence is a big part of completing the pass. You loose it in a hurry when you are being sacked and pressured all of the time. Remember, the word is PRESSURING the QB and sacking him if you get a chance. That's why the discussion of the line being fixed on this Web site is a lot of BS, because there is intense pressure on Carr in addition to the sacks. As many sacks as there are there would be more if the ball wasn't gotten rid of. Their is no time to generate an offense with the offensive line we have. The play is broken before the ball is ever hiked.
Old 09-23-2005   #20
Bongo59
Veteran

[quote=edo783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem[/QUOTE

Because he did it in 9 games behind a bad OL on a bad team.........and his QB rating was better than Carr's..............Carr gets alot of yds in garbage time according to JM........almost 40% according to him..........which is 20% higher than expected................Carr already is close to wearing the Bust collar...........this yr will clinch it if he flops.............comparing Carr to Brady is like comparing Afghanistan to Houston.............brady's QB rating when he is down is 121.50..........do you know what Carr's is for his career...............it is the lowest of any NFL QB playing right now including Harrington..............Carr got alot of breaks because he played for an expansion team...........he got more time than any other QB taken first...............People are now examining him alot closer and they are not liking what they see................you guys are even starting to see it...................He has to turn it around like Brees............or he is gone like Couch soon.............

Last edited by Bongo59; 09-23-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read