Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2005   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Are we paniced or is it really that bad?

As a Texan Fan in VA I never get to see any games unless they are nationally televised. Though I must admit I had some real bad doubts about this year it seemed like after the first game we all closed down the season. Of course Pitt was going to beat us and then the Palmer fire (shocking )

A few questions....

Are we a TOP 5 drafting team?
Do we have a new coach next year?
Do we have a new QB next year?
HOW BAD IS IT REALLY THERE?
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill

As far as how good we are at it? No. As far as having one of the top 5 picks in the draft? Yes

Quote:

I assume you mean Head Coach and nobody knows yet. My guess is YES.

Quote:

Yes. Too early to tell, but Carr has to get paid more to stay and I don't think they're going to want to pay it. Time will tell.

Quote:
REALLY BAD. Buchannon is a bust. Bradford is a bust. Hollings is a bust. Wand is a bust. Babin is benched. Palmer is terminated. Joppru is hurt (again). The stadium is too hot. There's a major hurricane coming. The Cowboys are doing better than us. Our SS is gone (to the Cowboys). Gas is going up again. I can't get laid. (Is this too much info?) :brickwall

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #3
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Where in VA? I'm stuck out here too and in the same boat. Have only seen a handfull of games and it's starting to get really old.

I'm SICK of all the damn Redskin and Raven coverage.

From what I can see and hear on 610 Radio online things are pretty bad.
Old 09-22-2005   #4
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
As a Texan Fan in VA I never get to see any games unless they are nationally televised. Though I must admit I had some real bad doubts about this year it seemed like after the first game we all closed down the season. Of course Pitt was going to beat us and then the Palmer fire (shocking )

A few questions....

1.Yes we are a lock for the number 1 pick
2.Yes New Coach
3.Yes MATT LIONHEART
Old 09-22-2005   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we a TOP 5 drafting team? PROBABLY

Do we have a new coach next year? HOPEFULLY

Do we have a new QB next year? POSSIBLY

HOW BAD IS IT REALLY THERE? DEFINITELY

You're not missing anything if you can't see the Texans games right now.

It's sort of like watching paint dry, or grass grow. Verrrrry captivating stuff.

I could send you a VHS tape of the games, but I already recorded over them with Three Stooges re-runs. Oh...wait, I just THOUGHT I had recorded the Three Stooges over the Texans games. Sorry 'bout that, the two performances are errily similar.

Just venting. Go Texans
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Hard to tell how bad we really are.

We have played two great teams. We have looked horrible in both games.

I think we are pretty bad right now but not nearly as bad as most of the people on these forums think.

I think we just a few pieces on both the O-line and D-line from being a playoff team. I think if those holes were filled it would solve the problems we are seeing accross the board. Hmmmm maybe I should fax my resume to McNair.LOL
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
1.Yes we are a lock for the number 1 pick
2.Yes New Coach
3.Yes MATT LIONHEART

You gotta be joking me with this Matt Leinart garbage .....Thats what we need , a QB with zero mobility already has knee problems BEHIND THIS O-LINE ....Leinart is nothing more than a product of the talent around him .....can you say OVER RATED .... Chant it :brickwall

New Coach .... YES PLEASE

Lock for the #1 pick ..... at the current rate YES

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2005   #8
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
You gotta be joking me with this Matt Leinart garbage .....Thats what we need , a QB with zero mobility already has knee problems BEHIND THIS O-LINE ....Leinart is nothing more than a product of the talent around him .....can you say OVER RATED .... Chant it :brickwall

New Coach .... YES PLEASE

Lock for the #1 pick ..... at the current rate YES

Yes i can but i can also say Proven Winner Can you its a sad thing being in Denial but dont worry David Carr is going to bring seven Superbowl trophys to houston i mean he is a proven winner its not easy beating San jose state i know! or the utah aggies
Old 09-22-2005   #9
Fldvldog
Veteran

Leinart would not fit being a texan, due to the O-Line. Leinart has VERY limited mobility. If the texans are looking to go after a QB with the no.1 pick, take Omar Jacobs. He can scramble, and he has an arm. He did have an "off" game last night (if anybody caught it on ESPN 2), but his off game involved 3 TD's and 0 picks! He would be the QB to take, though, I would hate to see him be a texan (arch-rival thing).

It would be mighty hard to pass up a guy like D'Brickashaw Furguson, though...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These two are sorta' related, because if we are a top 5 draft team next year, it'll probably be with a new coach.

Quote:
I don't think so. I'm no expert, but I bet they wait for Carr to truly have a chance to prove himself. At this point in his career, he has been unfortunate enough to start his NFL rookie year on a brand new team with untested squads.

They've got too much invested in him, and I think they will (eventually) put together a solid OL in order to really see what he's all about.

Quote:
Bad enough that it would be hard work to be an optimist.

But I'll still try, because it's my team and we still have 14 games left in our season.

I think the no. 1 thing that the coaches must change is the attitude. The Texans of the past two games have played like losers. In the past three years, they always played with a desire to win even when they lost. Right now they just look kinda' sad.

Anyway, we'll see. Either Capers, Pendry (and Fangio) get it together soon, or we'll all know the final answers to your questions soon enough.

GO TEXANS!
Old 09-22-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

dont forget san diego, minnesota and green bay are 0-2. they were playoff teams last year. its not that bad
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I must say if it is as bad as the forums seem....the LAST thing we need to do is REPEAT the way we built this franchise last time.

say it with me: NO QB'S FIRST.

Let's please draft a franchise LT this upcoming draft.

I had really high hopes for P BUC. I thought it would solidify our cb spots for the next decade.

Why was Babin benched?

I'm not sure you can give up on Carr just yet. You'd really be forced to start all over. I say keep him. Just get in a new staff that's more dedicated to TRENCH play.

I'm in Charlottesville, VA by the way.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #13
Elite
Veteran

if you dont GIVE UP on Carr your comiting Franchise suicide we have a chance to let him go or a chance to pick up his option that is totally ridiculous we would be better of with tony banks next year at the helms.
Old 09-23-2005   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if you dont GIVE UP on Carr your comiting Franchise suicide we have a chance to let him go or a chance to pick up his option that is totally ridiculous we would be better of with tony banks next year at the helms.
You keep making the same dufus statements about Carr. We all know you want the statue from USC as the QB. Please flip the record over and play some different tune. Maybe **** all over Capers for a couple of hundred posts like you have with Carr. At least you would be mostly correct on that one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way. Capers and Fangio need to go but not Carr. And Banks will not be back next year. He isn't very good and certainly not starter material for any of the nfl 32 teams.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #16
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
You keep making the same dufus statements about Carr. We all know you want the statue from USC as the QB. Please flip the record over and play some different tune. Maybe **** all over Capers for a couple of hundred posts like you have with Carr. At least you would be mostly correct on that one.

I have in the past i want Capers gone to and the Qb sitiation im sorry for wanting a proven winner but if it will make you happy ill hope to draft another loser like carr hell lets go and draft another fresno state QB
Old 09-23-2005   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

LeinFart Hasnt proven a D@mn thing at the Pro level ..... He has ZERO Mobility .... Just what this team needs with this POOR (Understated) O-Line .
Then take into account that none of the backs have been able to pick up the blitz and you can surely visualize LeinFart being carted off on a stretcher in the opening series of the opening game ....What a way to waste a high first rounder .

After the first pass play ..... the TV camera's pick up an odd dark stain on the back of LeinFarts pants .... they are playing on Astro Turf ..... wonder what that stain is ?

The games are won and lost in the TRENCHES .... :brickwall

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #18
john4jags
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Where in VA? I'm stuck out here too and in the same boat. Have only seen a handfull of games and it's starting to get really old.

I'm SICK of all the damn Redskin and Raven coverage.

From what I can see and hear on 610 Radio online things are pretty bad.

I'm a Jaguars fan in Williamsburg, VA. I know how y'all feel. Thank God for Directv!!!
Old 09-23-2005   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After the first pass play ..... the TV camera's pick up an odd dark stain on the back of LeinFarts pants .... they are playing on Astro Turf ..... wonder what that stain is ?
Not to mention the lighter color stain on the front of his pants.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005   #20
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
LeinFart Hasnt proven a D@mn thing at the Pro level ..... He has ZERO Mobility .... Just what this team needs with this POOR (Understated) O-Line .
Then take into account that none of the backs have been able to pick up the blitz and you can surely visualize LeinFart being carted off on a stretcher in the opening series of the opening game ....What a way to waste a high first rounder .

The games are won and lost in the TRENCHES .... :brickwall
True he hasnt proven anything at the pro-lever but david has proven he cant cut it

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read