Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2005   #1
staugjags
Rookie

Default Keep Safe from Rita

My thoughts and prayers are with the State of Texas. Hope everyone stays safe from Rita.
staugjags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by staugjags
My thoughts and prayers are with the State of Texas. Hope everyone stays safe from Rita.
Much appreciated. The traffic is already at a standstill on the freeway out of town by my work. Florida is hurricane smart and we aren't nearly as experienced here in Houston. Hopefully we'll come out OK.
Old 09-21-2005   #3
staugjags
Rookie

I wouldn't exactly say that we are hurricane smart....but after last year getting hit so many times, so close together...we're getting a bit better at it. I don't think we were really prepared with Katrina crossed over...but seeing what it did in New Orleans and how long it took for help...we were definately better prepared for Rita even though it just skirted us.

I just hope that people with the means to evacuate, do. Riding out the storm just is not a good idea. BUT....if you do...one little hint....fill your bathtubs and washing machine with water......you will need it to flush your toilets when you lose water.
Old 09-21-2005   #4
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Hurricane Rita

I live in Kemah, Thinkin about ridin it out! what do ya'll think?
Should I stay or Should I go?
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #5
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
I hope you're kidding. I live 40 miles North of Kema and still feel like I'm risking it by staying. If I lived in Kemah I'd be on the road already (sitting in traffic of course).
Old 09-21-2005   #6
raidergavy
Rookie

Default tell that rita to stick it where the sun dont shine

and get the hell outta dodge!
raidergavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing personal but...do you have a death wish?
Watch the surge potential maps on TV (Channel 2 is showing them alot). Then get the heck outta Kemah!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2005   #8
staugjags
Rookie

Quote:

I don't know where Kemah is....but if I live about 100 miles from where Charley hit last year and it was a baby compared to Rita....and I still didnt have power for a week....
Old 09-21-2005   #9
bengalsnation
Rookie

Stay safe down there it looks like the making of a very bad storm
bengalsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, I'd say get the heck out now while the gettin' is good. I live on the north side in Spring, and I've got serious contemplations to evacuate. But if I lived in Kemah, it would be a no brainer.

Good luck, and be safe.
Old 09-21-2005   #11
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

anyone have info on if the galleria area should stay or go?
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #12
fingers5
Rookie

Quote:
You are the in the storm surge for a CAT 1 hurricane. You should definitely leave or take the risk of never posting a message on this board again. Please learn from Katrina and get out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.
Old 09-21-2005   #13
fingers5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
anyone have info on if the galleria area should stay or go?
I live in the Galleria area too and am wondering as well. I kind of feel that if you are questioning your safety then you should go especially if you have somewhere to go.
Old 09-21-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

Thanks!

I had Sept. hurricane duty so guess what? I am at the BP refinery in Texas City until only God knows. I will be on duty for the duration throughout this ordeal. 1 operator and 1 supervisor on each unit in the refinery.

Maybe Rita would be our offensive line, hell she's run everybody off--LOL

Hwy 146 from Baytown to Texas City was bumber to bumper. They might still be here when Rita hits as slow as traffic is.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
FWIW, we're in Clear Lake and still holding out on our final decision about staying or going, but if I'm in Kemah I'm already gone today, no question about it. But ultimately, its your call.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

NuNu hope you got hip boots and good flood insurance. Good luck man and above all be careful!!

bobby 119C
Old 09-21-2005   #17
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I had Sept. hurricane duty so guess what? I am at the BP refinery in Texas City until only God knows. I will be on duty for the duration throughout this ordeal. 1 operator and 1 supervisor on each unit in the refinery.
Yikes! Be careful!
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #18
touttail
All Pro

Thanks Tulip!!!!!

You too be careful, no telling what this crazy thing will do.
Let's re-name Rita to Marqurita.

bobby 119C
Old 09-21-2005   #19
sk8termom
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by staugjags

My thoughts and prayers to all of you. I hope all of you can get out in time safely.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
NuNu hope you got hip boots and good flood insurance. Good luck man and above all be careful!!
bobby 119C
Right back at you Baytown, hang in there man !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read