Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr could be benched -- Capers

Rightnow

Waterboy
"This business is all about accountability," Capers said. "If you're going to talk about accountability, you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. We'll hold people accountable, whether it's the quarterbacks, receivers or linebackers."

Chronicle

Carr has this week to prove himself or he will be on the bench. IMO

On Monday I listened to Capers on 610 and he said two very interesting things: first that Carr would do fine if he were to do what they tell him to do, and that he knows the pressure is on himself.

The comment about Carr is very interesting. Capers may not be happy with Carr, and he did "complain" about Carr running backwards out of bounds for a statistical sack rather than throwing it away.

Like I said, Carr better have a good game or he is done.

It might not necessarily mean he would be done. If Banks and Ragone don't fare any better, Carr might realize he has one last chance to get it together and play the way they expect him to. Brees looked like he was done and suddenly became an All-Pro QB. Obviously that isn't the majority, but Carr has the capability.

Car seems to have a problem stepping up in the pocket and throwing the ball. It's like his awareness and periphreal vision are off. I don't know how many times during the Pittsburgh game when the pressure came, Carr tried to run out of the pocket when there was room to step up and throw. He ended up getting sacked or running out of bounds when he tried to get out of the pocket.

Rightnow said:
"This business is all about accountability," Capers said. "If you're going to talk about accountability, you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. We'll hold people accountable, whether it's the quarterbacks, receivers or linebackers."

Chronicle

unfortunately he will have to prove himself against a team that a) will run the ball and control clock

b)has owned the texans in 2 previous games
and c) will be at home.

oh and d) has an underrated defense.

atxcoolguy said:
Car seems to have a problem stepping up in the pocket and throwing the ball. It's like his awareness and periphreal vision are off. I don't know how many times during the Pittsburgh game when the pressure came, Carr tried to run out of the pocket when there was room to step up and throw. He ended up getting sacked or running out of bounds when he tried to get out of the pocket.

You hit the nail on the head with this post! Carr needs to sense the pressure-step up and let the pocket surround him while doing his reads at the same time, and throw the ball. He is so consumed by the pressure (part of the game-ain't going nowhere) that he bails out, rather than going through the progression. There are several QB's around the league that have this concept down to a science, and--when done correctly- is a treat to watch! Tom Brady often looks like Custer must have looked surrounded by the enemy, but he stands in there and steps up-reading the defense-feeling the pressure-allowing his line men to do their job-and makes the throw. No, it's not going to always work as designed but Carr needs to let it work. If he doesn't, then arm strength and accuracy will mean lttle. And, finally, why in the world will he not throw the ball away--real problem here is that the coaches have allowed Carr to play this way since day one or this problem should have been corrected a long time ago. The ball is in Carr's court but- once and for all-he needs to understand he controls his destiny. :yahoo:

Well, Carr will improve this week lol we dont play! HEY GUYS A TIE!

I dont know how you can hold Carr 100% accountable for this. I think there were 2 times where he should have stayed in the pocket but did not. Can you blame the guy though, I mean he has got no help from his line, or backs as far as blocking?

Put Payton Manning, or Tom Brady on this team and you get the same results. You have a good RB, a great WR and a rising QB. Give them a decent, just average line and watch the offensive output start.

(Then again, run first team and all that 2 and 15 hand off to make it 3 and 17 kinda does not help the passing game).

WHy not sign Ross Verba to a 2-year deal, hell we kept Jopperu for 3 years, and hasnt seen a snap! iI think anyone would do , my fat ars uncle johnny could help out this O-line!! They STINK! :brickwall

ledzeppelin269 said:
If Banks and Ragone don't fare any better, Carr might realize he has one last chance to get it together and play.

REALLY, who in the world do we have to replace Carr????? Do you think Blanks and Ragarm are going to do any better behind that line?????????

bobby 119C :brickwall

Its Doesnt really matter might as well play him and let him get his money worth in sacks this for sure is Carr last year as a texan. thank GOD

Rightnow said:

Chronicle

So when is Capers going to prove himself?

Carr is guilty of the things he's being accused of, but he's never had enough protection. He's an accurate, hard thrower and he can run and he's willing to do it. He has one receiver and one TE (who can't get open) and a RB who can run and catch, but can't block worth a spit when needed. So, his protection is horrible overall and he has NOBODY to throw to, except maybe DD depending on who we're playing against. Yes, he shakes his head and sometimes lowers his head. Who wouldn't? Some people don't like it when he does that. Other people don't like it when he yells at his linemen or spikes the ball in disgust. NOBODY would like it if he just smiled and acted like he doesn't really care. So, what's he supposed to do? I don't think those complaining about his attitude would ever like his attitude until he had a better game, which means having receivers open and some freaking blocking for a change. Yeah, it would help if he didn't run out of bounds with the ball for a sack. We'd have those whole 2 yds. back on several plays, but we all know that we still lose the last 2 games anyway. When even DD isn't getting any rushing yardage, we should know that Carr's protection is garbage. Then, when the unthinkable happens and he has barely enough time to throw and somebody is actually open, THEY DROP IT. Lately, this even includes AJ.

David Carr is not playing up to his potential. Neither is anyone on this team right now, except for Dunta Robinson and just a few others. I think that if you bench Carr, you've gotta bench almost the entire starting line-up first.

As far as his contract goes, he's got the rest of this year to prove that he's worth it. If he doesn't get it, which is a real possibility, then WE NEED A NEW GM AND HEAD COACH. They didn't put the right players around him and/or motivate them enough to give him a chance to prove himself--IN FOUR YEARS. Now it's almost time to make a decision on the team's most important position and they're not in any position to make a decision. Goofballs.

There's a lot of gritching going on amongst this team's players and coaches.

The happy meal toys aren't being passed out anymore. It looks like players and coaches are revealing more of their feelings now than ever.

Thank goodness. A little break from their three years worth of public relations "It's all good!" attitude is a welcome sight.

The truth will come out, in action, soon enough.

I think he's had bad pass protection. However, you have to also admit that he's made some baaaaaad decisions in the times when you can't blame the o line for the outcome. The two situations (Carr's bad decisions and the o line's lackluster blocking) are intertwined.

I can't even begin to speculate what will happen with this whole mess.

Just glad that it looks like the fake goody-goody faces are finally getting wiped off and they're going to fight it out to se who's right.

Remember, Carr was less than thrilled with the release of Palmer as were other Texans. Capers is pissed and that's why you are seeing the comments. Bet Carr doesn't like what Pendry is doing and has criticized Capers or Pendry. This coaching staff never could take the heat and you are watching the desimation of the team and you have an owner who has head where the sun doesn't shine. To bad for the FANS and the TEAM.

Ibar_Harry said:
Remember, Carr was less than thrilled with the release of Palmer as were other Texans. Capers is pissed and that's why you are seeing the comments. Bet Carr doesn't like what Pendry is doing and has criticized Capers or Pendry. This coaching staff never could take the heat and you are watching the desimation of the team and you have an owner who has head where the sun doesn't shine. To bad for the FANS and the TEAM.

I thought the word was (Vinny?) that Carr was not fond of Palmer?

gpshafer_1976 said:
There's a lot of gritching going on amongst this team's players and coaches.

The happy meal toys aren't being passed out anymore. It looks like players and coaches are revealing more of their feelings now than ever.

Thank goodness. A little break from their three years worth of public relations "It's all good!" attitude is a welcome sight.

The truth will come out, in action, soon enough.

I think he's had bad pass protection. However, you have to also admit that he's made some baaaaaad decisions in the times when you can't blame the o line for the outcome. The two situations (Carr's bad decisions and the o line's lackluster blocking) are intertwined.

I can't even begin to speculate what will happen with this whole mess.

Just glad that it looks like the fake goody-goody faces are finally getting wiped off and they're going to fight it out to se who's right.

probably the first time I have ever agreed with you.

good post.

Back