Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-21-2004   #41
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv1999
Why was Dorsett a Bronco?
Why is Emmitt a Cardinal?
It may be just me but it seems that the White Quarterbacks always get to retire as a Cowboy and the Black stars get traded after they are no longer useful to the organization. It has happened more than once, would you say it was coincidence or team policy?
A 3000 yard season, 5th all-time, some would say that if QC was a white quarterback he would be on his way to the ring of honor. But he is in the process of being replaced with a baseball player and I don't think its based on talent or race I think its relationships.
Why would QC be replaced cause of your race?. First of all Henson will be a third stringer this year. Second of all do you think the Cowboys owners are racist??? Thats ridiculous. Your being the one thats racist. Your pulling a Rush Limbauh. The cowboys let go of Smith because he lost his talent that he once had in the 90 's. Now do you think we did it cause he was african american and we didnt have a relationship? We traded Dorsett because we brought in Herschel Walker (An african american) who is one of the greatest of all time
I could name 2 african american greats that got traded and were once on the same franchise, infact the Houston Oilers!
Warren Moon traded to Minnessota
Earl Cambell traded to the New Orleans Saints
Now do I think that happend because it was team policy? Absolutely not
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #42
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I also don't believe race has anything to do with Quincy or anybody else starting or being replaced.

He wouldn't be playing at all based on that theory. They wouldn't have ever even given him the chance to be starting.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #43
pv1999
Veteran

Like I said.
I don't think it is based on RACE or TALENT, I think it's based on RELATIONSHIPS.
Earl was bigger than Bud, he didn't like that, he traded him.
Again ITS NOT RACIAL.
By league standards QC was 5 form the bottom, by Cowboy standards he was 5 from the top either way, the organization felt it was necessary to bring in a baseball player to play QB. There were higher rated NFL QB's available but they got an MLB'er to shore up their QB spot. A sure sign of "Buddy Ball" is when you pass for 3000 yds and get replaced or scheduled for replacement. What is that decision based on? Could it be QC's relationship with Jones and the Tuna?
I say it's RELATIONSHIPS. It seems to me that the Dallas mgmt for what ever reason does not like/want QC as their QB.
Old 07-21-2004   #44
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
That would be pretty absurd. They drafted him, of course they want him to pan out; but it is pretty clear that he has many limitations as an NFL QB so they took a young prospect that was rated higher than our own David Carr when he was in College. To simply say they are trying to replace Carter with a baseball player is a bit simplistic.
Totally agree. Also another thing I want to point out to pv1999 is Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinston also both played baesball. Quincy Carter played in the Chicago Cubs' organization in 1996, '97 and '98. Hutchinston got singed before the 2002 season after he gave up a career with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Old 07-21-2004   #45
pv1999
Veteran

Thanks for the baseball trivia, but most NFL skill players played multiple sports well in high school and got drafted. I call him a baseball guy because he chose the MLB over the Texans.

Pan Out?

He threw for more yards than Jeff Garcia in that West Coast chuck-and-duck offense they run and even more than Donovan McNabb last year. His overall rating was less than 10 pts behind McNabb, he took the 'Boys to the playoffs with a lackluster running game. I would say that any other franchise would look at that as the QB of the future. I would say he was panning out well. No other starting QB that took their team to the 2004 playoffs is getting replaced? Why Carter? What can he do to keep his job?
Old 07-21-2004   #46
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would say he was panning out well. No other starting QB that took their team to the 2004 playoffs is getting replaced? Why Carter?
are you looking for a racial injustice? if thats the case try looking some where else like nfl ownership.

carter's performance has not been impressive. he's been good from time to time ,but more often then not he isnt. how many other playoff qb's led their teams to shutouts in week 8 and week 11? thats not to mention the numerous games he led the offense to a 1 td performance.

you'll want to suggest his performance was limited by an inadequate running game im sure---but i'll submit their running game would have been somewhat more succesful had the opposing defenses HAD to respect the passing game.

carter didnt lead that team to the playoffs...their defense did.
Old 07-21-2004   #47
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Quote:
Pan Out?

He threw for more yards than Jeff Garcia in that West Coast chuck-and-duck offense they run and even more than Donovan McNabb last year. His overall rating was less than 10 pts behind McNabb, he took the 'Boys to the playoffs with a lackluster running game. I would say that any other franchise would look at that as the QB of the future. I would say he was panning out well. No other starting QB that took their team to the 2004 playoffs is getting replaced? Why Carter? What can he do to keep his job?
Our Doomsday Defese Got Us to the playoffs

I believe Carter will improve improve greatly from the 3,302 yrds he had last season because A.)An improved offensive line. B.) He has a much better running game to go to C.) The addition of Keyshawn Johnson

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 07-22-2004 at 12:07 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2004   #48
pv1999
Veteran

You guys have forced me to learn more about the Cowboys than I want to know.

1. I will say that Carter did more with less last year than other QB's. He deserves more respect than people give him, me included.
2. The Cowboys may or may not be racist, but they sure don't base some decisions purely on stats. But that might just be the face of sports today, Hakeem was a Raptor, Earl was a Saint, Moon was a Viking, Rice is a Raider, Emmitt is a Cardinal. For the record I do not belive that it is racist.
3. Most guys hang up their gloves in college when draft projections come out, the rest wait until they are drafted then there's Deion, Bo and the guy that left Football to play Baseball (he's a baseball guy now) but to be selected by an NFL team and stay in baseball makes you a baseball guy, period end of story.
Old 07-22-2004   #49
dcarr08sprtsmedchik
Rookie

Collins
Feely
Brunell
And since I am also a Cowboys fan, Carter-Testevarde will just be Parcells buddy, I think. Plus Testeverde has seen his best times, needs to retire.
dcarr08sprtsmedchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #50
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

ok i'm gonna add some more names into this so we can get away from whole carter vs testeverde thing...

rivers, brees, or flutie

and

warner or eli
Old 07-22-2004   #51
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Why was Dorsett a Bronco?
Why is Emmitt a Cardinal?
It may be just me but it seems that the White Quarterbacks always get to retire as a Cowboy and the Black stars get traded after they are no longer useful to the organization. It has happened more than once, would you say it was coincidence or team policy?
A 3000 yard season, 5th all-time, some would say that if QC was a white quarterback he would be on his way to the ring of honor. But he is in the process of being replaced with a baseball player and I don't think its based on talent or race I think its relationships.
The Cowboys no longer wanted Aikman. He almost went to the Dolphins or Chargers but he just couldn't physically play any more. Roger Stauback was still taking them to the playoffs every year until he retired. Why would they get rid of someone that is still very productive?

Emmitt and Dorsett have proven to be shells of their former selves after they left the Cowboys. Michael Irvin (a black man I might add) and Troy Aikman were smart enough to retire as Cowboys.

Quincy Carter has had one mediocre season after a couple of lackluster performances. I actually think the guy has been given MORE of a chance then he deserves. IMO Jerry Jones has bent over backwards to try to make QC the man in Dallas. It just doesn't look like it will happen.

Where I do think the black/white bias is still strong is in the front offices and management positions in the NFL and MLB. The NBA has been farely pro-active in that department and actually has the first African American owner (Bob Johnson of the Charlotte Bobcats).

For the record, I am a white male and do not care for the Cowboys. I just do not see prejudice on the part of Jerry Jones. I can say other disparaging things about him but not that.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #52
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Flutie
Warner
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #53
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Flutie
Eli

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
Old 07-22-2004   #54
pv1999
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
The Cowboys no longer wanted Aikman. He almost went to the Dolphins or Chargers but he just couldn't physically play any more. Roger Stauback was still taking them to the playoffs every year until he retired. Why would they get rid of someone that is still very productive?

Emmitt and Dorsett have proven to be shells of their former selves after they left the Cowboys. Michael Irvin (a black man I might add) and Troy Aikman were smart enough to retire as Cowboys.

Quincy Carter has had one mediocre season after a couple of lackluster performances. I actually think the guy has been given MORE of a chance then he deserves. IMO Jerry Jones has bent over backwards to try to make QC the man in Dallas. It just doesn't look like it will happen.

Where I do think the black/white bias is still strong is in the front offices and management positions in the NFL and MLB. The NBA has been farely pro-active in that department and actually has the first African American owner (Bob Johnson of the Charlotte Bobcats).

For the record, I am a white male and do not care for the Cowboys. I just do not see prejudice on the part of Jerry Jones. I can say other disparaging things about him but not that.
Michael Irvin almost died a Cowboy. I think that QC had a good year in a solid offensive scheme under a new coach. Some of the issues with his mechanics and reads would have been worked on sooner had he been with a real coach. I really dislike the Cowboys and its painful for me to say nice things about them, but today QC gives them the best chance to win. The opponents QB's may throw for more Cowboy Touchdowns because of that defensive backfield but Carter is a better QB than what is out there.

Warner should start so his wife will leave us alone, then slide in Eli after they miss the playoffs.
Drew Brees should start until he is injured, then Rivers
Flutie should be the player/coach of the year and be on the staff next year.
After all just how much run should a guy get for a lucky pass. We aren't kissing the reciever's ***, didn't he have equal part in the play?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read