Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Everyone needs to start praying right now that Babin answers the challenge. I'm pretty sure (though not 100% positive) that it's too late for Buchanon. He's in his fourth season so you would think that if he had what it took he'd still be a Raider.
The accountability question I want an answer to (and will probably never get) is who were the architects of the Buchanon trade. Sure Casserly pulled the trigger and made the announcement, but he has NFL scouts and he has the coaches. Was Hoke all excited about this? If so, the tarnish is off his golden halo. If this was Casserly's baby and he delivered to unwanting parents Capers/Hoke, then Casserly's seat needs to have the heat turned up.
Old 09-20-2005   #42
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Because Bradford had a good game with one heart breaking, soul killing drop that made the entire stadium scream with rage. He dropped one ball that drove a dagger through our hearts but after that he went on to play well. That fits right into the Dom approach of "Come back and keep on fighting".

Hmm, those heart breaking, soul killing drops seem to come with amazing regularity for Mister Bradford.

And that acrobatic grab that he caught, that one in which it was thrown STRAIGHT at him but luckily he manage to bobble it and thus create great dramatic effect in such a way that it made you think "Man, that was a great catch" when instant replay showed that it wasn't quite the case, was one of the most breathtaking receptions ever seen in these parts since the days of Haywood Jefferies. I love Corey Bradford !!!
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #43
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
The accountability question I want an answer to (and will probably never get) is who were the architects of the Buchanon trade. Sure Casserly pulled the trigger and made the announcement, but he has NFL scouts and he has the coaches. Was Hoke all excited about this? If so, the tarnish is off his golden halo. If this was Casserly's baby and he delivered to unwanting parents Capers/Hoke, then Casserly's seat needs to have the heat turned up.
Very goods. I wonder how much Cass really knows about the D side of the game ? I caught him on 610 earlier this year when he fumbled around with a definition of BRs old "46 defense", then finally suggested it was a question better handled by the coaches. That should be a pretty basic question to handle I'd think.
But the heartbreaking thing about these guys who were benched, even if one
of them doesn't bounce back that's the loss of 2 first day picks you never
get any value for. That's 2 players, one of which if not both, who are expected to start or play for you quite a bit over the next 5-10 years. If
both are busts, that's a really big hit to the teams future.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #44
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

It seems to me this is kind of like when the government botched in their efforts to help after Hurricane Katrina.

remember when fearless leader, President BUSH said, "We're gonna investigate into it to and figure out what went RIGHT and what went WRONG"

(and everyone was thinking to themselves, NOTHING WENT RIGHT!)

They should do an investigation into who did the (drafting/draft deals/picked who to sign in FA) and they should figure out what went RIGHT and what went WRONG.

Chris Palmer was like the FEMA director, and was an easy first target. (I'm not sure if he was a JUDGE at horse shows though?) but we've gotta work our way up until we've replaced all the numb-skulls with some guys that aren't afraid to do SOMETHING, instead of waiting weeks to send help. Just like our Front Office waiting 4 YEARS to fix the offensive line.

I'll admit, after making my donations to the Katrina fund, I was still feeling helpless, ticked off and frustrated with the way things were run by the BIG guys upstairs (government/Congress). Its the exact same feeling I feel with the Texans. Its just sick really, how these guys still have jobs after diddling for this long.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

The Buchanon transaction I am more focused on than some moves in part because Hoke's status has been elevated to god recently around here and it seems to me if you are trying to decide whether a 1st round talent is a bust or can be coached up, you would talk to the guy who is going to have to coach him up and I will bet that guy had a strong opinion one way or the other. That's my $50,000 question--what side of the fence was Hoke on and was it listened to?
Old 09-20-2005   #46
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
Did our Front Office do anything right in the past 2 off-seasons ?

honestly, I can only see screw-ups.
D-rob?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #47
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All you're going to get is people throwing at Faggins all game long and he'll get beat. He'll tackle them sure but after they make 30 yards.
and this is different from what teams did to P-Buc, HOW???

Faggins is a pretty good CB. I am glad to see him getting a shot at proving it. Yeah, when the QB gets 10-15 seconds he does throw a good pass and Faggins got burnt, so give me a list of CB's who can cover their man for 10-15 seconds EVERY TIME?

some of the knocks on Faggins aren't really his fault even. Other players sometimes have the longer zone responsibility's.

P-Buc is a bust at this point and time. What are our options, leave him in there and hope he gets better or put in our nickel and dime CB Faggins. Who is probably a starter on some teams in the NFL, IMHO.

As for the Babin move, you gotta be kidding right? I hope Orr is another 'diamond in the rough'. Or the only message Capers will be sending is 'we can't do it with you and we can't do it without you, Babin. So play however you please, but please play', IMHO.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #48
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

yah, but a top 15 pick is pretty hard to screw up.

look at the other guys available

Jonathan Vilma
DJ williams
Tommie Harris

either way it was gonna be a good pick. Although I wouldn't put it past him to screw it up. It seems like these guys need a top 10 pick to get a good player. Anything after the top 10 picks and Casserly looks like he's looking for a tear-drop in an ocean. In other words, he's reaching and searching and coming up with nothin' to show for it. Casserly knows the draft classes so well, he's giving his picks away to other teams so he doesn't look like such an *****.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #49
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
yah, but a top 15 pick is pretty hard to screw up.

look at the other guys available

Jonathan Vilma
DJ williams
Tommie Harris

either way it was gonna be a good pick. Although I wouldn't put it past him to screw it up. It seems like these guys need a top 10 pick to get a good player. Anything after the top 10 picks and Casserly looks like he's looking for a tear-drop in an ocean. In other words, he's reaching and searching and coming up with nothin' to show for it. Casserly knows the draft classes so well, he's giving his picks away to other teams so he doesn't look like such an *****.
He must be pretty darn good then because he found DD. One player in four drafts isnt that good.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #50
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont quite know about benching Babin but i think Faggins can do okay. maybe have the saftey slide over a bit
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #51
Panther5407
All Pro

Default Babin and Philip benched.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1983
I guess they are just as made as we are, you dont do your job you dont get to start.
Old 09-20-2005   #52
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

They sure were as posted in this thread
Old 09-20-2005   #53
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, I remember after the Babin trade, someone asked Casserly why he traded away so many picks to get hime. His response was something along the lines of ''well we felt like we already had alot of guys on our roster who were as good as any mid round picks''. Of course I'm kinda paraphrasing, maybe someone else remembers the quote. Anyways it was the craziest thing I ever heard. Every team has players as good what they'll get in the draft. That doesn't mean give all you picks away. Here's a better idea, let's just cancel the whole draft save for round 1.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #54
SESupergenius

Please keep in mind that Faggins got torched by Gabriel of the Raiders in pre-season. A decent nickelback does not a starting cornerback make. There's a reason he's a nickel, and basically not even that on most other teams.
Old 09-20-2005   #55
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not surprised at all by these moves. I don't think Faggins is necessarily an upgrade over Buchanon but something needs to be done to get his attention. As for Babin, I've never liked his play and I still don't understand why they drafted him. I think Charlie Anderson or Shantee Orr are much better options at that spot.
Old 09-20-2005   #56
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Ha, I remember after the Babin trade, someone asked Casserly why he traded away so many picks to get hime. His response was something along the lines of ''well we felt like we already had alot of guys on our roster who were as good as any mid round picks''. Of course I'm kinda paraphrasing, maybe someone else remembers the quote. Anyways it was the craziest thing I ever heard. Every team has players as good what they'll get in the draft. That doesn't mean give all you picks away. Here's a better idea, let's just cancel the whole draft save for round 1.
And I havent heard anyone mentioning our lst 1st round pick who I still havent seen play. 1st rounders are always suppose to be starters...
Old 09-20-2005   #57
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
1st rounders are always suppose to be starters...
Someone please forward this to all 32 NFL teams please. They must have missed the memo.

If you watch the games you'll see a big guy with the #75 on his jersey while we're playing defense. He's played in both games so far but hasn't started (or admittedly made much of an impact).
Old 09-20-2005   #58
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
If you watch the games you'll see a big guy with the #75 on his jersey while we're playing defense. He's played in both games so far but hasn't started (or admittedly made much of an impact).
that's why I have missed him. A 1st round pick and not even a starter, but he was "our" guy that we had to have. Fed up with Capers... Getting old quick...
Old 09-20-2005   #59
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I like the moves....but why is this happening right now?

Why didn't this happen during training camp, or after game 1?

Orr has been solid every time when he's in the game. I think it was the Atlanta game last year when he made a few awesome plays although he was limited in playing time.

And Buchanon should have also been benched after game 1.

Again, it's just more confusing than ever. At what point did Capers just decide to pull the switch? To me, if he makes these two player moves, he knows he should have made them weeks ago or even in training camp.

Is CAPERS really pulling these moves or is it someone above him TELLING him to do this and he gets to be the face? If Capers is doing this, and this is his doings, including the Palmer firing, then he sure waited a heck of a long time to make what he is now trying to say is a logical series of decisions he needed to make.

I still say something's fishy in H-Town, and it ain't the oysters.

If Capers really made all these moves on his own, then on one hand he gets a high-five from me. But the other hand I stick behind my back because he should have made some drastic moves during the preseason. The bad play of Babin and Buchanon didn't just start last week. Any sane person knows that.

BUt, I guess if you're going to fire the OC, you might as well use the momentum and do some more shaking up to show the team that it's not just coaches who are on the bubble.

Go figure.

While he's at it, Capers can admit he should have kept Swinton for kick returns AND punt returns. At least go back and get JJ Moses (if he'd even agree to play for us!). Morency is a joke at KR.
Man, all I ever see you do on this board is b itch. Why don't you just wait and see what happens instead of complaining because it wasn't done sooner. Ok, maybe it should have been done sooner, but what matters is that it's being done now and we still have 14 games left. Let's just wait and see if it lights a fire under everybody's *****. I have a feeling it will.
Old 09-20-2005   #60
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pat on the back

I must say im glad to see some movement in this Texans franchise. I like whats going down. This is the most DRAMA the Texans have ever had...and I think it shows that there is some kind of urgency to start winning.

Do I think changes should of been made earlier? YES.

Do I think these are long term solutions? NO.

Do I think this is a step in the right direction? MAYBE.

The player demotions is gonna hit the players hard. They all need to know that there jobs arent safe. It will make them play that much harder.

And lets see what Pendry does before we judge.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read