Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #21
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Faggins isn't much of an upgrade to me.
But at least we won't be seeing Buchanon do his style of dancing, er, tackling (this is too strong a word to describe what he was trying to do against Parker, maybe touching is the better term or attempted kissing).
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #22
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
This is a direct reflection of Casserly. It slaps him right in the face that these two have been demoted.

now if only we could demote him...
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #23
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
This is a direct reflection of Casserly. It slaps him right in the face that these two have been demoted.
Fangio supposedly made the push for Babin (I'll try to find a source in a few) and I'd bet that Hoke had more than a little input into the Buchanon trade. Even still, I agree it reflects very poorly on CC. That's 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounder and a 4th that just got benched.
Old 09-20-2005   #24
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Yes I saw him. I seem to remember hearing Faggins name mentioned though on a lot of completions going to the opponents.

Wasn't Faggins the corner covering Randle El (I think it was him) on that one long pass that Ben had 2 minutes to throw the other day? He moved around to his right and threw the ball across the field; the receiver jumped up and caught the ball and the corner looked clueless. Wasn't that Faggins?
Of course you will cause opposing coaches aren't dumb: why would they throw it to Dunta's side???

And yes Faggins was the DB in question on that particular play, but at least Faggins will hit and go after people. Pbuc would rather kiss the WR than guard his man.
Old 09-20-2005   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Who else would venture to say that Faggins has had a better carrer than PBuc? (Minus the silk pj's of course.) He may not have as many TD's or INT's, but he probably hasnt give up as many either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well then they wasted high draft choices on this guy and they are promoting a guy that can tackle but is vulnerable on long passes to being beat.

All you're going to get is people throwing at Faggins all game long and he'll get beat. He'll tackle them sure but after they make 30 yards. I dunno. To me he's average at best.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #27
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the faggins move since even Adam Sandler found his weaknesses in the season opener. However, I liked Babin and feel the Texans are giving up too soon. I like his speed, power, and tatoos.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #28
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Well then they wasted high draft choices on this guy and they are promoting a guy that can tackle but is vulnerable on long passes to being beat.

All you're going to get is people throwing at Faggins all game long and he'll get beat. He'll tackle them sure but after they make 30 yards. I dunno. To me he's average at best.

Yes, hes average but PBuc is so way below average. Did you want him instead???

And so what if he gets beat on a busted play in which the QB scrambled and somehow manage to find an open receiver?? That speaks more to Rothlisberger's ability than to how ****** Faggins is. Roy Williams got smoked twice yesterday on deep passes so he must suck huh???
Old 09-20-2005   #29
The Preacher
Veteran

Five high draft picks for those two guys. My first post ever here admonished most of cc's picks except babin and naturally i got hammered for it. Forgive my pride but I still can't believe he gambled like that for a team with little depth. Now the Titans are rolling with some of those picks. One of which Troupe would be nice to have not to mention the others but we don't want to go there again. Since then the pb debacle has unfolded and apparently the Texans are going backwards while other teams are naturally progressing. Those two picks for pb would have been nice but i guess that is a little too late. Maybe things can turn around. I have been optimistic, but after this benching it is obvious the gambles have been disastrous and the FO must be feeling seriously inadequate about right now.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #30
1-3
Veteran

The Raiders could end up with some pretty nice draft picks after their boy comes over here and stinks up the joint. Can't draw it up much better than that for Oakland. With such a nice O-line draft coming it would suck to have those picks back.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #31
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
Five high draft picks for those two guys.
6 total picks in all for those 2 players. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, for Babin, and 2nd, 3rd, for Phillip.

And now they are on the pine.

Where is the restart button?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #32
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
6 total picks in all for those 2 players. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, for Babin, and 2nd, 3rd, for Phillip.

its right under the fire capers button
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #33
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

We got a 5th back (from the Titans) in the Babin trade though.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #34
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised the Texans actually took this action, but my hats off to them
for makng a such a drammatic move in an attempt to turn things around with the organization.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #35
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Why wasn't Bradford benched as well? Anyway, i'm glad to see Capers do something like this to send a message. You either play hard and do your job or somebody will come in and do it for you. I like that.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
Yes, hes average but PBuc is so way below average. Did you want him instead???

And so what if he gets beat on a busted play in which the QB scrambled and somehow manage to find an open receiver?? That speaks more to Rothlisberger's ability than to how ****** Faggins is. Roy Williams got smoked twice yesterday on deep passes so he must suck huh???

I'd stick with Buchanon another game and see if he could redeem himself. He's suppose to be this great cover corner so I'd rather see him one more game than see them put somebody out there that you know is going to be a target all game long.

Hey I hope Faggins becomes an All Pro. But I'm expecting the posts to come out asking for his head on a platter if he gets smoked in Cincy.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #37
The Preacher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
its right under the fire capers button

I hate to say it but to fire Palmer was arrogant, downright shameful in my best Texas accent. I wasn't even a huge Palmer fan but it's hard to run an offense without good blocking.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #38
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Preacher
I hate to say it but to fire Palmer was arrogant, downright shameful in my best Texas accent. I wasn't even a huge Palmer fan but it's hard to run an offense without good blocking.
I wish that they would have gave palmer one shot at having the final say over capers on ofense for one game. I see more running and more sacks in the near future.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #39
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I have a feeling we will still see a lot of PB and Babin. Hopefully one of the two turns into a good player.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Why wasn't Bradford benched as well? Anyway, i'm glad to see Capers do something like this to send a message. You either play hard and do your job or somebody will come in and do it for you. I like that.
Because Bradford had a good game with one heart breaking, soul killing drop that made the entire stadium scream with rage. He dropped one ball that drove a dagger through our hearts but after that he went on to play well. That fits right into the Dom approach of "Come back and keep on fighting".

Also I really believe that we'll see Babin work his way back into the starting lineup unless Orr just really dominates out of the blue. This is an attention getter for both Babin and Buchanon.

Everyone needs to start praying right now that Babin answers the challenge. I'm pretty sure (though not 100% positive) that it's too late for Buchanon. He's in his fourth season so you would think that if he had what it took he'd still be a Raider.

You know the Texans are keeping another Houston football tradition going. As long as I can remember the Raiders were fleecing the Oilers in trades. Looks like they're still good at getting the best of the Houston team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read