Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #1
JDTexan
Rookie

Default Buchanon and Babin Benched!

Radio Sports 610 reporting that Jason Babin and Phillip Buchanon have been benched for Shante Orr and Demarcus Faggins who will start the game against the Bengals.

Again, many more changes needed, but yesterday and today are good starts.

Next, we can work on benching Casserly
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

why orr? does'nt anderson play there?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1983

Quote:
Three new faces were working with the Texans' first-team defense Tuesday. Shantee Orr lined up at left outside linebacker in place of Jason Babin, while Demarcus Faggins lined up at left cornerback in place of Phillip Buchanon. Rookie Travis Johnson lined up at left defensive end in lace of Gary Walker, who is nursing an injured shoulder.
Old 09-20-2005   #4
JDTexan
Rookie

Default Benched!

Maybe it is Anderson who will start, but I thought I heard Orr.

I may be wrong.

All I know, is Babin will be riding the pine to open the game against the Bengals.
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
why orr? does'nt anderson play there?
Orr replaced Babin during the last game. Anderson is also an OLB, maybe he plays Peek's side.

Last edited by Runner; 09-20-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #6
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

It's Orr
Quote:
Three new faces were working with the Texans' first-team defense Tuesday. Shantee Orr lined up at left outside linebacker in place of Jason Babin, while Demarcus Faggins lined up at left cornerback in place of Phillip Buchanon. Rookie Travis Johnson lined up at left defensive end in lace of Gary Walker, who is nursing an injured shoulder.
Old 09-20-2005   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice. I was just thinking earlier that the decision to fire a coach was nice but it wouldn't upset the mindset of the team. I think this will do. I also would like to see Ioane in a few times more. He seems to make a play or two.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the moves....but why is this happening right now?

Why didn't this happen during training camp, or after game 1?

Orr has been solid every time when he's in the game. I think it was the Atlanta game last year when he made a few awesome plays although he was limited in playing time.

And Buchanon should have also been benched after game 1.

Again, it's just more confusing than ever. At what point did Capers just decide to pull the switch? To me, if he makes these two player moves, he knows he should have made them weeks ago or even in training camp.

Is CAPERS really pulling these moves or is it someone above him TELLING him to do this and he gets to be the face? If Capers is doing this, and this is his doings, including the Palmer firing, then he sure waited a heck of a long time to make what he is now trying to say is a logical series of decisions he needed to make.

I still say something's fishy in H-Town, and it ain't the oysters.

If Capers really made all these moves on his own, then on one hand he gets a high-five from me. But the other hand I stick behind my back because he should have made some drastic moves during the preseason. The bad play of Babin and Buchanon didn't just start last week. Any sane person knows that.

BUt, I guess if you're going to fire the OC, you might as well use the momentum and do some more shaking up to show the team that it's not just coaches who are on the bubble.

Go figure.

While he's at it, Capers can admit he should have kept Swinton for kick returns AND punt returns. At least go back and get JJ Moses (if he'd even agree to play for us!). Morency is a joke at KR.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what they'll do to the offense...
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, going back and getting Moses would not be a decision I would laugh at. I would really be happy to see they are doing something to address the issue. It doesn't totally make up for the departure of Swinton but it apologizes.

I know they could get rid of a guy like Lewis Sanders to sign Moses.

I also wonder if this is more due to trying to get ready for the Bengals.

Last edited by El Tejano; 09-20-2005 at 03:44 PM.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Faggins isn't much of an upgrade to me.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #12
Toxicology
Rookie

make buchanon somewhat useful. make him return all kickoffs and punts. who cares if he gets hurt. maybe he will do some showtime instead of blowtime.
Toxicology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we get a really long bench? One that streches very far out of the stadium. Thats where PBuc should be sitting. Way out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #14
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Did our Front Office do anything right in the past 2 off-seasons ?

honestly, I can only see screw-ups.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #15
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
at least he can tackle like a man
Old 09-20-2005   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As long as he can get into a tackling stance, its an upgrade. Doesn't have to actually tackle anyone. Small steps...2 hand touch, tackling stance, actual tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #17
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Can we get a really long bench? One that streches very far out of the stadium. Thats where PBuc should be sitting. Way out there.

how about an airplane... going to oakland... departing immediately... with him in the cargo hold
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #18
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Did you see Buchanon on that last touchdown run on Sunday? Nobody on the corner would have been the equivalent.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #19
SESupergenius

This is a direct reflection of Casserly. It slaps him right in the face that these two have been demoted.
Old 09-20-2005   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes I saw him. I seem to remember hearing Faggins name mentioned though on a lot of completions going to the opponents.

Wasn't Faggins the corner covering Randle El (I think it was him) on that one long pass that Ben had 2 minutes to throw the other day? He moved around to his right and threw the ball across the field; the receiver jumped up and caught the ball and the corner looked clueless. Wasn't that Faggins?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read