Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Interesting Stuff from ESPN

We finally made it!!!!!

Number 32 on ESPN, I think this should make it a clean sweep for us. :brickwall

Power Rankings

Also Capers has an 11% approval rating. My question is "who are the people who think he is doing a good job with the team.

Coach's Ratings
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, look at the bright side. Nowhere to go but up now baby!!!
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we start right here in the first power ranking we ever appeared in back in 2002?

We've come full circle. Not a good thing.
Old 09-20-2005   #4
lvtexan
Rookie

The cowboys are embarassing enough, but this team makes me ashamed to say I'm even FROM Texas!
lvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Dom almost caught Mike Tice .... Bet after the Bye week sack's Carr 6 times or more Capers will Catch and Pass him .... Did I actually use the words Capers and Pass in the same sentence ?

As for the power ranking .... what do you expect when the team puts up a total of 341 Total yards of offense in TWO games . They give up 352. yards EACH game ....and have yet to force a turn-over . This team is BAD .... dont get them confused with the Bad News Bears .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvtexan
The cowboys are embarassing enough, but this team makes me ashamed to say I'm even FROM Texas!
Does the "lv" in your name stand for "leave"?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #7
Fldvldog
Veteran

WOW! The texans are taking baby steps back, instead of forward. It may be a VERY long time before the texans sniff the playoffs.

Colts #1? I'm not sure about #1, but they should be a top 3. Glad to see the Jags are still in the top 10 despite a loss.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

People have to reading the poll question wrong. Who the heck is voting yes? It doesnt say - Do you want him fired? In which case YES is the correct answer. It says Do you approve? Which obviously is NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Dom almost caught Mike Tice .... Bet after the Bye week sack's Carr 6 times or more Capers will Catch and Pass him .... Did I actually use the words Capers and Pass in the same sentence ?

As for the power ranking .... what do you expect when the team puts up a total of 341 Total yards of offense in TWO games . They give up 352. yards EACH game ....and have yet to force a turn-over . This team is BAD .... dont get them confused with the Bad News Bears .....
Not only did you say pass in the same sentence as capers but you also said Catch.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #10
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

CBS agrees.....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8869777
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #11
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Hope your wrong. Sure don't look good for us at this point. The Jags defense looks good this year but I think the Darius injury will hurt. Deke Cooper is the backup. Darius will be missed against the run.
True. Darius will be missed. We are confident that Deke Cooper will do a solid job. We still have a very good defense. We will still be winning games, and I see us being at 10-6 for the year (which includes a playoff birth)...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #12
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvtexan
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Ashamed to be a Texan? I'm ashamed you are a Texan too!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #13
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride

Could not have said it better my self!!!!
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #14
Cyz242

Hey this is my first post, Ive read alot of the topics already and im a huge football fan , especially the Texans and Cowboys, lol. My personal opinion is maybe the Texans should think about using a more ball control offense to help slow things down .
Old 09-20-2005   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
My personal opinion is maybe the Texans should think about using a more ball control offense to help slow things down .
LOL, welcome aboard!
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz242
Hey this is my first post, Ive read alot of the topics already and im a huge football fan , especially the Texans and Cowboys, lol. My personal opinion is maybe the Texans should think about using a more ball control offense to help slow things down .
who are you capers or pendry.
Old 09-20-2005   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride

I hope it does hit him on the way out.
Old 09-20-2005   #18
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Does the "lv" in your name stand for "leave"?
if it does, you should put it in front of you name as well.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #19
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
WOW! The texans are taking baby steps back, instead of forward. It may be a VERY long time before the texans sniff the playoffs.

Colts #1? I'm not sure about #1, but they should be a top 3. Glad to see the Jags are still in the top 10 despite a loss.
Colts deserve #1. Who better to fill the vacancy after a poor showing by the Patsies? Maybe the Steelers who beat the Texans and Titans (32 and 22 respectively)?

Yeah, the Jags deserve a top 10 ranking ... proof that there is little logic in early season power rankings. Want more? The 1-1 Patsies lost in embarassing fashion to the Panthers, sure... but the vastly improved defense of the Chiefs sit at 2-0 yet rank lower... Not only that, but the Panthers who pounded the Patsies are ranked 4 lower than the very team they made eat dirt. The 0-2 Chargers have proven nothing, yet they are ranked higher than 7 teams with 1-1 records, as well as Oakland who also sits at 0-2 but is a better team. To call the Texans the worst in the league after losing to the #1 and #2 overall defenses last year is foolish, particularly when you see the Vikes and Cards sit above them 5 and 3 positions respectively.

Don't put the cart in front of the horse dicky. The Jags are 1-1, on par with the Miami Dolphins and 49ers... I'll laugh my @$$ of at you personally when the Jags miss the playoffs.

Last edited by sandt38; 09-21-2005 at 07:07 PM.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #20
staugjags
Rookie

And the Bills are who???

The Texans are just going through growing pains...been there, done that....not saying the Jags are at their best, but we're getting there. Keep up the faith, the Texans have a lot of talent for such a young team. Good luck this season.
staugjags is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read