Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's intentions

Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, do you think it's possible that Carr's poor play so far as well as the rest of the offense was a ploy to get their OC fired? Just a dumb thought.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm thinking that the offense was getting mixed signals from Capers and Palmer and the SNAFU we've seen was a direct result of that. From the few reports I've heard, the offensive players liked Palmers and his style of game. Capers seems to be the one at odds with that open offensive philosophy.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, do you think it's possible that Carr's poor play so far...was a ploy to get their OC fired? Just a dumb thought.
I don't think Carr has intentionally played poorly. But, there wasn't a lot of love between Palmer and Carr, and it's very possible that Carr stop hearing what Palmer had to say. I don't like it when a player's inability to communicate with a coach causes a change, but it happens all the time.

Maybe the fact that Pendry and Carr are on speaking terms will help the offense. I'm not sure. But I do think that whatever was between Carr and Palmer was hurting the team and it's always easier to get rid of the coach.
Old 09-20-2005   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't think Carr has intentionally played poorly. But, there wasn't a lot of love between Palmer and Carr, and it's very possible that Carr stop hearing what Palmer had to say.

Lucky what makes you think this? I never knew there was a problem between the two.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Lucky what makes you think this? I never knew there was a problem between the two.
I thought it was common knowledge that Carr and Palmer weren't ever close.
I think Palmer was very telling when he made these comments...

Quote:
"We change personnel a lot, but it just has to happen faster," quarterback David Carr said. "We need to get guys in and out faster. It's on me; it's on everybody. We have to move at a faster pace."

Tick, tick, tick
Offensive coordinator Chris Palmer had another view.

"The quarterback wasn't aware of the play clock," he said. "You have to be aware of the play clock.
Quote:
Right tackle Todd Wade said he expects very few of Sunday's sacks to be blamed on the line this week.

"It's premature for me to say this, but I don't think the offensive line had a lot to do with that," Wade said.
Quote:
The rest of the time, Carr threw the ball away or ran out of bounds. He was charged with one intentional grounding penalty.

"They scramble around and make plays," Palmer said. "We scramble around and we don't make plays."

The inability to be more productive only increased Carr's frustration, and he appeared upset at times.

"I don't want a receiver throwing his arms into the air and saying, 'Throw me the ball,' " Palmer said. "I don't want the quarterback throwing the ball down on the field showing his frustrations.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...texans/3359464

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Vinn!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought it was common knowledge that Carr and Palmer weren't ever close.
I think Palmer was very telling when he made these comments...
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...texans/3359464
That finger pointing going on between Carr & Palmer was just reported after Sunday's game and is a clear indication of their friction, but I don't recall
of anything prior to that in print ? That's not to say insiders don't know about
internal problems the two have had for some time now ? But Palmer is history now and what I'm just as interested in is who was Todd Wade pointing his finger at - Carr, Palmer, or someone else ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2005   #8
1-3
Veteran

There is something to be said when a guy voluntarily runs out of bounds for a "sack" rather than throwing an incompletion and helping the team save a few yards.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

id say the TEs or RBs for not picking up the outside blitzers.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato
Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, do you think it's possible that Carr's poor play so far as well as the rest of the offense was a ploy to get their OC fired? Just a dumb thought.
If so then its a ingenious idea and it worked. Lets hope its true.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #11
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
id say the TEs or RBs for not picking up the outside blitzers.
you mean like the time when DD blocked Palamalwalamama upfield and to, what should have been, the backside of the pocket and David Carr ran right into his arms for a sack?

I guess that was the David Carr version of 'if you can't come to me, I'll come to you' train of thought.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
you mean like the time when DD blocked Palamalwalamama upfield and to, what should have been, the backside of the pocket and David Carr ran right into his arms for a sack?

I guess that was the David Carr version of 'if you can't come to me, I'll come to you' train of thought.
Its not Carrs Fault. The Coaches have been training Carr to expect his blockers to do the wrong thing for the past three years.
Old 09-20-2005   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i did not know that carr and palmer disliked each other.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #14
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

how in the world can ANYONE not know that Palmer and Carr didn't like each other?

that secret was almost kept as quite as Bud Adams taking his team to TN.
Old 09-20-2005   #15
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
Its not Carrs Fault. The Coaches have been training Carr to expect his blockers to do the wrong thing for the past three years
Bubba, getting you to admit that ANYTHING is Carr's fault would be harder than teaching a dog to go "MEOW", so you'll excuse me if I don't spend alot of time on trying.

I don't have the time, energy, or motivation, to help you take off the Carr Blinders. It simply is what it is. Your opinion, verses mine. we will simply have to agree to disagree on Carr.
Old 09-20-2005   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

If there was even a hint that Carr was playing poorly on purpose for the reason of getting his OC fired, he'd never play another down in this league. What coach would be dumb enough to trust him after that?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
What coach would be dumb enough to trust him after that?
Joe Pendry, lol.

I don't think Carr's been doing that, I just had to say it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bubba, getting you to admit that ANYTHING is Carr's fault would be harder than teaching a dog to go "MEOW", so you'll excuse me if I don't spend alot of time on trying.

I don't have the time, energy, or motivation, to help you take off the Carr Blinders. It simply is what it is. Your opinion, verses mine. we will simply have to agree to disagree on Carr.
I think, or at least hope, bubba forgot to put a sarcasm alert in that post.
Old 09-20-2005   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:

Ever heard of sarcasim. I dont think that nothing is his fault. I just dont think everything is his fault like most people. Theres to many things going wrong with this team for it to be one persons fault.
Old 09-20-2005   #20
thegr8fan
All Pro

Quote:
I think, or at least hope, bubba forgot to put a sarcasm alert in that post.
if so, then I apologize to Bubba for the remark. But from memory he seems to be one of the Carr can do no wrong people. If not, then my apology's Bubba.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read