Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is this Carr's option year?

I'm not sure exactly what his contract is . . . (someone else can give the details) . . . but isn't this the year that the Texans have a choice of either extending his contract, or cutting him loose, and be free of the cap money.

My opinion, at least for right now, is that he is damaged goods from a mental standpoint, and we have ourselves a reincarnation of a Tim Couch.

We don't need a Tim Couch on this football team, so I say . . . cut bait.

Old 09-20-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I believe he gets a roster bonus at the end of this year if he stays on and also believe this is the year they can exercise an extension.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If we pick up his option we are going to be paying him like a pro bowler. He has to pick his game up now since his option is no longer a 'no brainer'.
Quote:
* David Carr is in the option year of his rookie contract. If the option is exercised, Carr's contract extends through 2008 and he is due a pro-rateable $8,000,000 bonus. Base salaries for the next three years would be $5.25 million in 2006 and 2007 and $6 million in 2008.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 132729 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a lot of money for a kid who may not be as good as he was 1st and 2nd year in the league. Wouldnt be shocked if the option was not picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If he wants to be paid like an All-Pro, he has to show that he can play and lead like one. Not for one game, but consistently for the rest of the season.
Old 09-20-2005   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds to have a solid backup that could take over should David Carr falter. Preferably, one of Texas' QBs, Young or McNeal. Or, we could wait for Pierre Beasley (look him up)
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I think the Texans should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds to have a solid backup that could take over should David Carr falter. Preferably, one of Texas' QBs, Young or McNeal. Or, we could wait for Pierre Beasley (look him up)
In the event DC is not worthy of the salary his cotract will command I would rather build the O line and go journey man in the interim. A value pick for a young QB I belive would be warranted. However, as much as I like seeing homegrown talent I do not like to see it at the QB position. It puts a lot of pressure on the organization.
Old 09-20-2005   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So i guess Pierre Beasley is the reason the mustangs are so good. I think we should just restructure Carrs contract. Hes not worth any were that much.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
In the event DC is not worthy of the salary his cotract will command I would rather build the O line and go journey man in the interim. A value pick for a young QB I belive would be warranted. However, as much as I like seeing homegrown talent I do not like to see it at the QB position. It puts a lot of pressure on the organization.
Aaronn Glenn was homegrown talent, living just miles away from Westfield in Nimitz. I heard he played good for us. BTW, Beasley is like Vick with a better arm and was the number one prospect out of texas, last I heard.
Old 09-20-2005   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
So i guess Pierre Beasley is the reason the mustangs are so good. I think we should just restructure Carrs contract. Hes not worth any were that much.
The Mustangs are loaded, there is no one player that deserves too much credit. But yeah, Carr should restructure his contract if he doesn't want to get sacked so much. Does anyone know how Dan Neil is a free agent?
Old 09-20-2005   #11
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we wait for Jimmy claussen. Is that how you spell it.
Old 09-20-2005   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds to have a solid backup that could take over should David Carr falter.
Heh....Yes, I'd also be very concerned if Carr suddenly were to falter. He's been doing so well lately. :brickwall

Anyway...David Leaf--errr, I mean Joey Carr--wait, uh, I meant to say David Feeley---should not receive pay out of line with his performance just because he's here and "knows the system." At this rate, that "system" (such as it is) will be outbound on I-10 long before it's time to start negotiating with Carr. If a coaching change does happen, he isn't doing much to strengthen his case as being much more than another potential FA signing at this point.

But it's only 2 games in. There's a LOT of ball left for him to turn it around. Honestly, I hope he does, but he's gotta get started fairly soon.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he should shave his head completely bald and see what happens.

The new David Carr ------>

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

:brickwall If Carr goes then he should be accompanied by Capers and CC. Out of the three Carr shoulders the least blame ... they picked him .
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
If we pick up his option we are going to be paying him like a pro bowler. He has to pick his game up now since his option is no longer a 'no brainer'. http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html
Vinny so if the Texans don't pick up his rookie option is he a restricted free agent or unrestricted free agent next year?
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I could be mistaken but I believe he would be unrestricted if we don't pick it up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #17
Rightnow
Veteran

He will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to get that extension or have pictures of Casserly. I forsee him being benched at least one game before the end of this season and Banks being our QB. If Carr gets benched, that is the end of him.
Old 09-20-2005   #18
Elite
Veteran

Default David Carr Rocks LOL

I would like to keep carr i mean he knows the offense or lack there of but if we keep carr he would get paid what he needs to get paid wich should be the league minimum and i still think he would be overpaid. I wonder how much diferrent of a franchise we are gonna be When We have Matt Lionheart at the helms.
Old 09-20-2005   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
I would like to keep carr i mean he knows the offense or lack there of but if we keep carr he would get paid what he needs to get paid wich should be the league minimum and i still think he would be overpaid. I wonder how much diferrent of a franchise we are gonna be When We have Matt Lionheart at the helms.
More of the same. :brickwall :brickwall
Old 09-20-2005   #20
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
More of the same. :brickwall :brickwall
may be so but at leats we know Matt LionHeart can win a Big Game sure david carr won big games in college too Hawaii San jose state all them powerfull and recognised football programs

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read