Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default The Boo Birds were out and it was HOT!!!!

That had to be one of the worst games I ever saw. Buchanon tried to tackle like a little girl. Carr running as soon as he get's the ball. No deep passes except from Pitt. No wonder everyone was boo'ng them. The game performance was pathetic. I said all last year, leave the defence and address the offence. Where in the world is this amazing first round draft stud on defence that we got in the first round that we passed on other good players to get?

I can see the future.
New head coach or 2 season tickets and a parking pass going on sell. It was hot as heck in there and I was in the shade all day. Poor people paying to sit in the sun and see that massacre.
Old 09-19-2005   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i had tickets (season tix) but decided not to go because i wont leave a game that isnt over and i hate sitting through my team getting abused. if i were there though i'd boo too with the first drive on offense being run, run, pass/turnover ... and getting worse after that (how is that even possible???). since i was wise enough to stay home, i just laughed & grabbed a beer.
Old 09-19-2005   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
i had tickets (season tix) but decided not to go because i wont leave a game that isnt over and i hate sitting through my team getting abused. if i were there though i'd boo too with the first drive on offense being run, run, pass/turnover ... and getting worse after that (how is that even possible???). since i was wise enough to stay home, i just laughed & grabbed a beer.
Until this year I have never left a game early. But now I havent stayed to watch a whole one yet. And to sit in that hot, hot arena was a killer. I felt so sorry for the ones in the sun. Luckily, my tickets are in the south end zone sitting in the hot shade... The person who said to leave the roof open should be fired...
Old 09-19-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard (I think on 610) that it is Caper's decision on the roof....that really doesn't sound right to me because I don't see why they'd put that on his shoulders. I would think it'd be the owner's decision but I don't know.

No matter. It sounds like many people were sick from the heat and in retrospect it was a mistake.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My season tix are in the north end zone and I was miserable. I stayed into the 4th Q when I just had to leave. I couldn't bear the heat any longer with the product on the field. I know we're supposed to be great fans and all, but there comes a point when you have to consider return on investment. Season ticket holders are not getting much at the moment, and that open roof yesterday was just insult added to injury.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The stands looked deserted in some places watching on TV. Now I know it's because people were so hot and leaving for a cooler spot or leaving for good. Must have been miserable.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I was in the shady end zone so I had a good shot of the other side, and it was clearing out fast. I really can't blame them, the heat was pretty unbearable out in the sun. It also didn't help that the team wasn't really worth watching anyway.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched on TV, and the stands were EMPTY.

I had never seen it that way, and I've watched every Texans game on either my local channel or Sunday ticket...so I've seen a bunch of Texans games to be able to see it and say, "Man, that's a weird sight to see...."

You can't tell me that Bob McNair saw those empty seats and didn't get all hot and bothered. I'm surprised he didn't fire somebody at half-time.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
Fritz5000
Rookie

I have Tix in the North endzone and traded them early this year for additional Indy Tix. Glad I did, the thermometer read about 120!!! That's just rediculous. Not worth driving up from Brownsville for that!
Fritz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I stayed the whole game and watched in disbelief. Whoever is responsible for the parking lot deserves an F as well. Did not allow anyone in the Blue lot off of Fannin and the lack of port a potties was awful. An absolute horrible experience to match the failing product. It must get better and it has to start from the top. McNair will soon be seeing his big revenue shrink if he does start taking action.

Give me a fire Casserly thread and I will pour gasoline on it.
Old 09-20-2005   #11
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
My season tix are in the north end zone and I was miserable. I stayed into the 4th Q when I just had to leave. I couldn't bear the heat any longer with the product on the field. I know we're supposed to be great fans and all, but there comes a point when you have to consider return on investment. Season ticket holders are not getting much at the moment, and that open roof yesterday was just insult added to injury.

I'm with ya'. My working buddy and I stayed into the 4th Qtr. We were so miserable we stayed in the concourse for about 10-15 to cool off before walking to the truck. Didn't even feel like drinking, just water. was so hot in the Red lot after the game too. I have never seen so many empty seats in the North end zone, even the bull pen was empty. No one there to yell.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...The Texans decide the whether the roof will be open or closed on a weekly basis. They have listened to a number of complaints from fans, however, and plan to consider the ticket holders in their decisions prior to their next home game on Oct. 9 against the Tennessee Titans.

"We receive complaints when the roof is open, and we also receive complaints when the roof is closed," said Tony Wyllie, the Texans vice president of communications. "Moving forward, we will consider the fans' comfort when deciding whether the roof will be open or closed."
chronic

Betcha it's closed till late December when it drops into the 80's.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There was plenty of room in the north end zone for Texans management to cozy up and watch the game from the fans' perspective. A little direct sunlight for hours never hurt any white collar executive, right?

Seriously, I baked in that sun until about 10 mins left in the game and I just had to leave. I maintain that a lot of the fans whine about needless stuff, but there was just no way to sit in the direct sun for that long with no breeze, no Gatorade, and no product on the field worth watching. Even if they had been winning, I would have had to get up and move to the concourse at that point. I'm still in the pain phase of the sunburn.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
I'm still in the pain phase of the sunburn.

LOL Doc----Solarcaine with aloe vera works wonders. Had my face goo'ed up for two days with the stuff!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great quote from someone who was at the game...

It was so hot that I started to hallucinate. At one point I thought I saw Buchanon break up a pass.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #16
playoff year please
Veteran

If we had a home game this weekend, we could leave the roof open for some serious home field advantage.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #17
covcath1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan

I can see the future.
New head coach or 2 season tickets and a parking pass going on sell. It was hot as heck in there and I was in the shade all day. Poor people paying to sit in the sun and see that massacre.

As a Bengal fan I understand and empathize with you frustration. I don't know how many games I've froze my rear end off watching bad football. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before those in charge start making the right decisions....Keep your faith.....
covcath1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #18
bengalsnation
Rookie

Cov cath suxx jk i went to scott i hated living in Ft. wright.
bengalsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
We are supposed to be TEXANS. We are supposed to be tough! We have a bunch of wimps when it comes to football fans. With our stadium, the only reason they put a retractable roof was to satiate the rodeo officials. Not for any other reason. The roof was supposed to remain open for any circumstance other than rain. The only reason the roof is to be closed for rain is that the field would be ruined if they played a game in the rain. Since the stadium has to use trays, it is not the same as a typical field. They have to ensure the field is not ruined. There is NO reason to have the roof closed during sunny weather. How is it that we have become such wimps? I blame it on the Astrodome. Maybe the dump should come down as it has ruined us as TRUE football fans. The elements are part of the game! I mean really, can you imagine a Green Bay fan complain about the sub-freezing temperatures or the ice and snow? How about the Steeler fans complaining about the cold? How about the Tampa fans complaining about the heat? Yeah, right. We are just wimps. We sound more like Arizona Cardinal fans than TEXAN fans.
I think if Reliant was a true outdoor stadium, you wouldn't hear many fans complaining about the heat. With its roof open, it is not a true outdoor stadium.

As far as the diehards from the north, how many of them do you see sitting around wearing t-shirts and shorts when the temperatures drop? When it gets cold, you can always add more clothing. When it gets hot, is running around nekkid allowed?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005   #20
metalmike
Veteran

Man up guys and quit complaining about the weather. We live in Houston it's hot all the time. Nothing a few budlights can't take care of. You need to be complaining about our pee wee football team the Texans and there pretty boy "leader" David Carr. Not to mention our football coach who doesn't seem to get upset ever. He looked like an ***** last game with his jaw dropped.
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read