Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #1
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Default Most of the sacks are Carr's fault!!!

It's evident that David Carr is lost and has no feel for reading defenses. I've noticed that he lacks pocket presence. Every time he runs out of the pocket he runs in the direction of the LB or he gives the LB a better angle to tackle him. He also lacks the touch on the ball. Armstrong bailed him out several times yesterday. The TV announcers even pointed out and circled a wide open WR in the middle of the field but Carr was only focused on one the whole play. Even the ball that Bradford dropped was partially Carr's fault. It was thrown right at Bradford's eye sight and It looked like it came out of a cannon. Not that Bradford is a great receiver or any thing but you can't always just point the blame on him.
I think Carr deserve one more year with a different Off. Coordinator that will simplify the offense for him and open it up for him. Marve Levey Did that in Buffalo and gave the players more freedom to get the most out of the talents they have. If that doesn't work then Carr has to be let go at the end of his contract. For now he should just shut his pie hole and play.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
Even the ball that Bradford dropped was partially Carr's fault. It was thrown right at Bradford's eye sight and It looked like it came out of a cannon. Not that Bradford is a great receiver or any thing but you can't always just point the blame on him.

I agree Corey ....
Old 09-19-2005   #3
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think Bradford actually did decent yesterday. I liked his one handed grab.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #4
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
I liked his one handed grab.

yes it was a nice catch but unfortunately he had to make the juggling catch because he bobbled the ball initially.... watch the replay ...
Old 09-19-2005   #5
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I hate to tell you but some of the sacks are Carr's fault, not most. It's mostly an offensive team unit problem.

Carr's fault:
1. Running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
2. Running into the path of a blitzer.

Offensive unit fault:
1. O-line not able to pick up the blitzer
2. Poor blocking from RB's and TE's
3. WR's not getting open quickly
4. O-line and TE's not able to keep a pockit for Carr to stay in.

If I'm missing anything let me know.
Old 09-19-2005   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYTEX
If I'm missing anything let me know.

the only thing you're missing is where I disagreed with the assertion that any of the sacks are Carr's fault. There is plenty of blame to go around. But to say that the Bradford drop was Carr's fault is lunacy ...
Old 09-19-2005   #7
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
the only thing you're missing is where I disagreed with the assertion that any of the sacks are Carr's fault.

Your telling me that Carr doesn't know to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage? Cause if you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage it is scored as a SACK.
Old 09-19-2005   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYTEX
Your telling me that Carr doesn't know to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage? Cause if you run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage it is scored as a SACK.

Let me rephrase my sentence ....nah let me restate it .... none of my posts even pertained to sacks or fault for those sacks ....of course Carr is responsible for some, as are the RBs, as are the linemen, as are the offensive coaches, ...

I was replying to a portion of the initial post about Bradford ....
Old 09-19-2005   #9
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
It's evident that David Carr is lost and has no feel for reading defenses. I've noticed that he lacks pocket presence. Every time he runs out of the pocket he runs in the direction of the LB or he gives the LB a better angle to tackle him. He also lacks the touch on the ball. Armstrong bailed him out several times yesterday. The TV announcers even pointed out and circled a wide open WR in the middle of the field but Carr was only focused on one the whole play. Even the ball that Bradford dropped was partially Carr's fault. It was thrown right at Bradford's eye sight and It looked like it came out of a cannon. Not that Bradford is a great receiver or any thing but you can't always just point the blame on him.
I think Carr deserve one more year with a different Off. Coordinator that will simplify the offense for him and open it up for him. Marve Levey Did that in Buffalo and gave the players more freedom to get the most out of the talents they have. If that doesn't work then Carr has to be let go at the end of his contract. For now he should just shut his pie hole and play.
I agree with your assessment that Carr is lost but your reasons for him being so are, to be blunt, idiotic.

Its Carr's fault that Bradford missed an easy ball because it was thrown AT HIS EYES?????! Do you want Carr to throw at his butt instead???

And you can always point the blame on Bradford because he hasn't performed. Shoot, that acrobatic catch that he caught(his first reception) in the game was thrown at HIS CHEST and yet he bobbled it and luckily for him when he was falling down he managed to grab it.

All passes to Armstrong were caught, with one being really tough. Yet lobs to Bradford, where all he needs to do is get a chest on it, is bobbled and then caught and we laud him for making "acrobatic" catches
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #10
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
I think Bradford actually did decent yesterday. I liked his one handed grab.
The one handed grab was by Gaffney, not Bradford...
Old 09-19-2005   #11
HoustonHarley
Rookie

Bottomline is Bradford blows and Armstrong should start. Not all was Carr's fault. At least he showed some fire!
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Bradford had a drop on a pass that was "easy" and he had a great catch on a well covered ball.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #13
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
The one handed grab was by Gaffney, not Bradford...
Wrong...that was #85 (Bradford) and as previously stated, it was on a second attempt after bobbling the first.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #14
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Wrong...that was #85 (Bradford) and as previously stated, it was on a second attempt after bobbling the first.
Agreed. I had thought Bradford's number was a different number.
Old 09-19-2005   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

bradford's catch is hard to call "great". if you watch the replay, the ball bounced off of his chest initially. the only great part was that the ball fell back into his hand. armstrong has the best hands on the team and needs to start ... it seemed everytime armstrong got a look, carr stepped UP in the pocket and just lasered it at him. AJ, armstrong, & billy miller are what the offense needs because they compliment the qb's strengths (which despite popular opinion, are not his legs).
Old 09-19-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

Dom Capers here, Can you spell "SACK" so I can write it in my little notepad!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #17
exclude
Veteran

I need to start up a website specifically for our pass catching challenge friend, Mr. Corey Bradford: www.cutCoreyBradford.com
Old 09-19-2005   #18
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
I agree with your assessment that Carr is lost but your reasons for him being so are, to be blunt, idiotic.
Idiotic is to take one part of a post and not even understand it
Even the ball that Bradford dropped was partially Carr's fault. It was thrown right at Bradford's eye sight and It looked like it came out of a cannon. Not that Bradford is a great receiver or any thing but you can't always just point the blame on him.
The post was about sacks and this one particular sentence is to show lack of touch on the balls that are fired from Carr's arm and if the ball is thrown right at your face it's hard to judge specially when it's coming with the speed and force that Carr throws with. I'm tired of posters that are blindly loyal to one player that they fail to see his faults and mistakes.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #19
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
bradford's catch is hard to call "great". if you watch the replay, the ball bounced off of his chest initially. the only great part was that the ball fell back into his hand. armstrong has the best hands on the team and needs to start ... it seemed everytime armstrong got a look, carr stepped UP in the pocket and just lasered it at him. AJ, armstrong, & billy miller are what the offense needs because they compliment the qb's strengths (which despite popular opinion, are not his legs).
If Billy Miller was what Carr needed he would still be with the team. Although he's unproven, I'm putting a little faith in Jerm (Jerome Mathis) because I think once he's healed and starts he WILL make a difference. AJ, Armstrong, Gaffney, Jerm in a four wr set would be killer.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Dom Capers here, Can you spell "SACK" so I can write it in my little notepad!

bobby 119C
You have beat this joke into the ground, and frankly it wasn't very funny to begin with.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read