Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #101
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how soon the Fire Pendrythreads will start?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #102
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Oct 2nd around 12:15ish
Old 09-19-2005   #103
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Palmer complicated the offense so bad that Carr had to wear a wrest band to have the plays written on it. When you can't remember the plays that you need them on your wrest to read them before you call them you might as well be a rookie all over again.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #104
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
Palmer complicated the offense so bad that Carr had to wear a wrest band to have the plays written on it. When you can't remember the plays that you need them on your wrest to read them before you call them you might as well be a rookie all over again.
Every QB in the league has a wrist band with the plays on it.
Old 09-19-2005   #105
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
If he doesn't simplify the play calling and starts to air it out a little, the fire Pendry threads will be out as soon as the bye week. We are not even going to wait for the first game back to start this.
Old 09-19-2005   #106
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Every QB in the league has a wrist band with the plays on it.
Name one that you saw the first two weeks. If you can't remember that the darn play is a run and the next one is a run then the third one after a sack is a pass to a well coverd WR then you don't need to be in this league. every fan on this board can tell you what play is coming next except for the players on our offense. Either we are sooooooooooo smart or the players are sooooooooooooooooooooo dump.
Old 09-19-2005   #107
Dubya
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
I hope the Lions every single one of their coaches except for Special teams at some point.

Good Move guys
Not to be a grammar jerk or anything, but I think you're missing a verb between "Lions" and "every." I assume you intended to use the verb "fire." Am I right?

I think that releasing Palmer was the right thing to do. Don't worry, this will probably result in the firing of Capers and Fangio (and maybe Casserly) at the end of the season. I think it's easier for McNair to make a sacrificial firing now and appease us bloodthirsty fans than to the fire all of those responsible now or to wait until the end of the season before making any moves. If things stay the same or, Lord forbid, get worse, we might see some other shakeups in the leadership. I know a lot of you want to see everybody get canned now, and I can understand that. However, McNair has "office politics" and personnel issues to consider as well as the onfeild performance when making that decision.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #108
pebblescds
Rookie

Thumbs down Capers isnt the Guy for Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
Allthough I am not much of a Palmer fan, Capers needs to go. The offense does much better when they pass more not less. Palmer is run and shoot. Capers runs the ball until he punts and is probably going to start punting on third down so he won't have to pass.
Dom Capers isnt the guy for the Texans, he is a Loser, and by that I mean he has loser's mentality and it has crept into the mentality of our players. He plays not to lose the game, and not as Herm Edwards says "to win the game!" Lets get good field position all game long punt, punt, punt, get one TD, and 3 FG and we win the game. That is for losers! This is why he got fired previously, we need a young head coach who is willing to take some chances, and put together a tough I say TOUGH defense. Did anyone see Buchanon not try to tackle Parker when he waltzed in for a TD. What was that? I wish we had Jack Del Rio/Jim Mora/Herm Edwards, they get the most outta their players regardless of so called talent (which we all seem to think is just overflowing in Houston???) Did you know that Pendry is the only coach on staff for the Texans w/ Pro Playing experience? That worries me about our staff. All I can say is he can't be worse. I'd rather go back to running every damn play than David getting sacked 13 times in 2 games? Wouldn't you...we're Not making the playoffs so get it out of your mind but we could finish a respectable 6-10 or maybe 8-8, which would still be an improvement over and witstanding everything that's gone wrong. Right now the the worst team in the NFL are the Texans, we have no contiunity, comfort, identity, or stability. There's no where to go but Up, I think we can now at least become COMPETITIVE. That's the most important factor, will we compete, not just lay down like we have in the last 4 games going back to last season. Pendry will be looking to replace Capers, if he does a decent job at revamping the offense at all I think he will have a shot. If we run/control the clock/ playaction pass/ short/hot routes, we will be far far better, and more entertaining to watch. Capers said himself the Steelers are what we want to be. I'd love to see Domanick/Johnathan/Morency running out the clock every game, then David throws a 30yder to AJ. Go Pendry!!!
pebblescds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #109
Dubya
All Pro

I clicked on the "Churrascos Cut of the Game" link on the Texans home page, and oddly enough, it didn't link to a picture of Chris Palmer.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #110
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Name one that you saw the first two weeks.
Tom Brady
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #111
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Name one that you saw the first two weeks. If you can't remember that the darn play is a run and the next one is a run then the third one after a sack is a pass to a well coverd WR then you don't need to be in this league. every fan on this board can tell you what play is coming next except for the players on our offense. Either we are sooooooooooo smart or the players are sooooooooooooooooooooo dump.
Ben Rothleasefasdf, Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Bryron Leftwhich, Drew Bledsoe, Donavan McNabb, Mike Vick, Drew Breese, Chad Pennington... I can go on and on and on... should I name the back ups too? maybe the 3rd string QB's as well??
Old 09-19-2005   #112
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is hope!!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #113
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default NOT A JOKE Palmer Fired

Texans fire offensive coordinator Palmer

Thank The lord above

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4886494

Now we have a chance
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #114
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

You're about 4 hours late.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #115
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Vince Young won the Ohio State game in the air. He improves every week, and I am confident he will play QB at the pro level.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #116
SESupergenius

After what I saw yesterday, the line was as much the problem as the Carr's happy feat and Palmer's 3 TE sets. I can't say I'm happy about the firing, there has been just way to many inconsistancies throughout our existance. The implosion started way back in the offseason however. There are just too many factors to blame just one aspect of our team, both offensive and defensive. Casserly should be next as he to me is the number 1 factor in the quality of athletes we have.

Let's get behind Pendy, our season depends on it.
Old 09-19-2005   #117
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I am still not certain the problem was Palmer. But at least we will know for sure in 2 weeks...

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Carr was too quick to run out of the "pocket"? Why don't they run timing routes and throw to WR's down field? The game sucked, but I still didnt boo the players yet as some were...
Old 09-19-2005   #118
Brewer16
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Brewer16

Well, it's a start
Old 09-19-2005   #119
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
Texans fire offensive coordinator Palmer

Thank The lord above

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4886494

Now we have a chance
A chance to do what? Exist in a perpetual state of mediocrity? No thanks.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #120
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I think the guy's great. I just see a lack of arm strength and accuracy to be an NFL QB. He seems more like a Matt Jones kinnda guy than a Mike Vick kinnda guy... but I'm not an NFL scout...
...needs to improve accuracy but he can throw the ball 80yds
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read