Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #81
pv1999
Veteran

Default Ok message not answer!

So I guess the question must be Matt or Reggie?
Or is there another college player who could be drafted to build around.
We can make it to the Superbowl by 2010 if we start over now.
Old 09-19-2005   #82
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by non natural texan
Nah, I always figured that if they fired Capers, Palmer would take over. Actually thats what I was hoping to happen and Palmer would just be an interm Head Coach.
Thats what I wanted too.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #83
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv1999
So I guess the question must be Matt or Reggie?
Or is there another college player who could be drafted to build around.
Vince Young. Oh wait... He wouldn't fit our system because he's too fast.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #84
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Vince Young. Oh wait... He wouldn't fit our system because he's too fast.
Think Vince Young will play QB in the NFL??? I'm betting he ends up at WR.
Old 09-19-2005   #85
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan

Still too early to tell, but I think he is proving he can be an effective QB the more he matures. He is one heck of a competitor...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #86
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Should I assume that you haven't watched the guy play?

The guy is a winner, playmaker, leader... plus every other intangible quality you can think of.
Old 09-19-2005   #87
pv1999
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Bye Chris go ruin some other teams Offense.
Is it Chris or Dom? Will Joe last longer here than he did with Dom the first time?
I am beginning to believe that it is Dom. Which I hate because I like the guy.
Old 09-19-2005   #88
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:

The guy is a winner, playmaker, leader... plus every other intangible quality you can think of.
I think the guy's great. I just see a lack of arm strength and accuracy to be an NFL QB. He seems more like a Matt Jones kinnda guy than a Mike Vick kinnda guy... but I'm not an NFL scout...
Old 09-19-2005   #89
pv1999
Veteran

Default a...r...m...

Quote:

He is an arm away from being the Texas Vick. But in the league he will have to have that arm.
Vince Young is the polar opposite of Drew Bledsoe but Drew has the one thing that teams pay for and thats the arm.
Old 09-19-2005   #90
Dionysus22
Veteran

Vince would be sweet but remember, he's only a junior. He might come out early if they win the national championship this year. I like Reggie but Matt is no slouch either.

If Vince stays, I say we go o-line this off-season and draft (like we should have done this off-season) and if David still can't get it done, we go after Vince in the '07 draft. Or dare I say, Marcus Vick...
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #91
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

It's funny watching all of this play out much like I said back in the off-season - yet back then I was harrased and put down by people here for being a bad/chicken little fan and stating what I saw. I said that unless some serious changes start happening and the FO starts stepping up and doing whats necessary to make this team better and get the playmakers here who can play/spend the money we have to get better players or trade for better things would start going downhill fast. That the O-line was a disaster area and still needed serious help so bad the Owner stated that thigns needed to be fixed and if they ignored him somebody would be fired. That if they continued to ignore everything this team will underperform and people will start loosing their jobs before mid-season to get peoples attention. That the man who pays the checks was not a bad fan and even he said - You better do a better job next year to protect DC.

I said I hoped they would prove me wrong and that I was not being doom & Gloom, but realistic.

The coaches and FO only have themselves to blame and so here comes the fingerpointing.

2 games into the 05 Regular season and were now 1-6 dating back to the last game of 2004. Yes I count pre-season, because its still a game, its still live game reps, and as a fact of life I know extremely well - You perform 99% just like you practice. So The texans 1-3 thru pre-season showed me just how bad they were then, yet All of these coaches did and could not seem to recognize this even then.

Too close to the fire perhaps?? Who knows -THe score now though is The Texans 2005 season is the Team is O for 2 and has 1 coach down, and 1 starter down for the year and 2 other staretrs benched in a game. An anemic Offense thats produced goose eggs more than points and a defense so porous and outmanned they look like high school ballers. IMO looks like a few more coaches will go soon too esp if they dont wake up and start doing there jobs a whole lot better. I honestly put the last 2 performances more on the staff's shoulders for underpreparing the team and bad playcalling. Sure it goes along with a bad team outing. But 1 win in 7 games? Thats a philosophy problem. I think some players have lost serious confidence in the coaches abilities to do their jobs at this point.

I'm no NFL Guru mind you, but I am smart enough to realize the truth of the matters in business and the writing on the wall. Having played football I can recognize a lack of talent when I see one and a lack of coaching when it's not there. Right now were lacking on talent in some places for sure, but our coaching has just been plain pathetic for too long and left un-checked has just went to crud IMO. They have lost the respect and confidence of their players. Now IMO the rest of the staff has 2 weeks to get their shiz together or they may be joining Mr. Palmer in the unemployment line pretty soon.

edited - pre-season info

Last edited by U4ikrob; 09-19-2005 at 01:31 PM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #92
Tenacious G
Rookie

i've been a die-hard fan since the Texans' inaugural year and shared frustrations with many of you as the team endured its growing pains. although i've disowned the teams on many occassions only to realize my mistake minutes later, i always had faith that the ownership and management had a solid plan to build the team ... except for one area.

i never was sold that Chris Palmer was the answer at OC. after seeing the poor job he did as Cleveland's head coach, i was surprised and somewhat offended the Texans hired him. while the offense shows flashes of brilliance at times, i feel that's more a result of good athletes rather than good play calling.

nothing personal against Palmer, but i just don't feel he was the right man for the job. best of luck to him in the future.

that being said, i feel a new sense of optimism for this year. things might get worse before they get better, but hopefully this change will be the catalyst the Texans need to get on the right track.

i also hope this lights the fire under Capers, Fangio and crew that they could be next.
Tenacious G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #93
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! I just logged on to the internet today and I find out that Palmer was fired! I for am glad that atleast something is being done instead of nothing. I don't know but after watching yesterday's game I was wondering if our coaching staff is blind or what?! They kept on running the ball right up the middle of the Steelers defense. After a while you have to realize that you can't keep making plays for one or two yards but that didn't stop Capers or Palmer from doing the same thing. I'm afraid though that Palmer is one of the problems in this team and before this season ends I'm betting on more changes to come for this team.
Old 09-19-2005   #94
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
2 games into the 05 Regular season and were now 0-7 dating back to the last game of 2004. Yes I count pre-season, because its still a game, its still live game reps, and as a fact of life I know extremely well - You perform 99% just like you practice. So The texans 0-4 thru pre-season showed me just how bad they were then, yet the coaches couldnt recognize this even then.
We weren't 0-4 this preseason. Remember the Raider game?
Old 09-19-2005   #95
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhead
Young will be a WR in the NFL. He is not a pro QB.
Young might be able to be a pro QB if he stays at Texas for his senior year. He has zero shot of that if he comes out after this year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #96
pebblescds
Rookie

Quote:
"Interestingly, Pendry was fired by Capers after the 1997 season at Carolina. Although, it was never confirmed, there was specualtion that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made Capers fire Pendry, who was under fire because his offense was too conservative and unimaginative. "

It might get worse???
Well I'm glad to see that McNair got the ball rolling, I am going to hope for Capers sake that he now "gets it." He has been very passive about the way the Texans have regressed since late last season. He now has to be pro-active if he wants to keep his job. Stop standing up and finding "good things we did" and figure out how to stop the mistakes and strive for excellence. He's got 10 games to prove himself worthy of the job, I say 10 because by week 12 McNair will be eyeing surfire replacements and under the table interviewing. I don't think he waits (as we saw today) til the ship is completely sunk, he doesn't want Houston to lose faith and hope in its team. We craved football, and he fought to bring it back, I indeed feel that he will work as hard as any owner to acheive a good product for the fans.

Carr is our leader, Davis, Robinson, and Johnson are our soldiers.
pebblescds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #97
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Thanks H-town - edited my post
Old 09-19-2005   #98
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankhead
Young will be a WR in the NFL. He is not a pro QB.
Young will play QB in the NFL. Im sure of it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #99
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Young will play QB in the NFL. Im sure of it.
Hopefully in Battle Red and Steel Blue!
Old 09-19-2005   #100
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I hope the Lions every single one of their coaches except for Special teams at some point.

Good Move guys

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read