Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #41
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
I guess McMair is not a true fan because he is disgusted with the team's performance so far...lol!
I just spit soup lol
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

(Groan)

(Moan)

(Sigh)

How in the world Capers survived this, I would love to know.

Would someone please write his name down on the slip of paper at Tribal Council?

GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #43
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
(Groan)

(Moan)

(Sigh)

Would someone please write his name down on the slip of paper at Tribal Council?

We should all call for Capers job also. We pay for the right to call the Texans phone lines.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #44
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
*Sigh. Well, it's a start. I do agree that Pendry may just be interim. Supposedly he was able to help Buffalo get to the playoffs when Wade Phillips was coaching there. Capers was able to do that for Carolina one time as well. So I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. WAKEY, WAKEY TEXANS!!!!! Time to step up your game. Jobs are on the line.
Pendry being temporary only makes since. Typically and O-line coach does not get promoted when the O-line is as bad as it is. McNair is basically sending a message that a chimp couldn't do any worse...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #45
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

on the bright side, this will settle the debate of "is palmers being overridden by capers". Not anymore! See ya chris, Capers is an 0-6 start behind you

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #46
touttail
All Pro

Casserly is the GM and does the firing, not Capers. Capers said they would have to look at the game film and evaluate.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #47
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
(Groan)

(Moan)

(Sigh)

Guys, you can't fire all the coaches at once. You would then have a new playbook to write, learn, a preseason would be certainly needed, etc...wait, we have 14 games left. My bad, fire them all...lol!
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #48
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
Guys, you can't fire all the coaches at once. You would then have a new playbook to write, learn, a preseason would be certainly needed, etc...wait, we have 14 games left. My bad, fire them all...lol!
We can't do worse than they are right now. Fire them all including the waterboy and if that doesn't work, we get the first draft pick. All is not lost. Bring back Bum, so he can finally kick that door in.
Old 09-19-2005   #49
TexansNFL
Rookie

Capers should be next. After the second season, Pitts was becoming a very solid LT and the offensive line was getting better. Then, Capers hired his buddy Pendry who was out of work. Then went to the zone blocking scheme and started to move Pitts to LG and Wand to LT. The OL has been going backwards ever since. So, how promoting Pendry is going to make us better? Pendry was fired by Carolina for his conservative and unimaginative play calling... nothing will change until we fire Capers
TexansNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #50
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

They just announced on ESPN the firing of Chris Palmer. When they announced that Offensive Line coach Joe Pendry will be replacing him, they all laughed.... OUCH!
Old 09-19-2005   #51
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Before this season started, I wrote in one of these threads that I thought Palmer would be the scapegoat and the first to go. Initially I thought it would be after this season. After these first two weeks, I began to wonder if it would happen immediately. I even told a co-worker I thought he would get fired during the bye. This clearly shows me that Capers is in the hot seat. I'm thinking we have to go at least 8-6 down the stretch for Capers to keep his job. Does anyone think we can do it?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #52
Meisterman
Veteran

Personally....the booing in yesterday's game probably got McNair's attention more than anything. When the paying season ticket owners have had enough...a smart owner will listen.

I hope further changes are in order. I sure don't think much of our defensive coordinator. The pass rush is pathetic.

Maybe ...just maybe we'll see a little urgency now translated onto the field.
Old 09-19-2005   #53
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
This clearly shows me that Capers is in the hot seat. I'm thinking we have to go at least 8-6 down the stretch for Capers to keep his job. Does anyone think we can do it?
Do pigs fly?
Old 09-19-2005   #54
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When Chris Palmer's

Career died, do you think they gave him a 21-run salute?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #55
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I guess now we will all be able to tell if it was Capers over riding Palmer or Palmer just being really really bad at his job. Either way, if Pendry doesnt succeed then we can count on Capers being the next head to roll.

exactly !

Im so glad to see this guy gone ! Now lets get rid of Dom Wayne and we'll be alright .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #56
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisterman
Personally....the booing in yesterday's game probably got McNair's attention more than anything. When the paying season ticket owners have had enough...a smart owner will listen.

I hope further changes are in order. I sure don't think much of our defensive coordinator. The pass rush is pathetic.

Maybe ...just maybe we'll see a little urgency now translated onto the field.
Man do I agree! McNair is a smart owner. The booing is important. I also believe he hears from his employees answering the phones. He did last year when he gava an award to the fight song writers and then kicked it out after we spoke are peace. Call for Capers job people.
Old 09-19-2005   #57
touttail
All Pro

21 run salute-----

Nope, just 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down scramble, and 4th down punt.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #58
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Texans - 4th season, should be getting it right.
City of Houston - WANTS THIS TEAM CONTENDING AND WINNING, RIGHT NOW!!!!! We don't want to wait another year or two although if they were winning from here on out that would be great.
Old 09-19-2005   #59
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Until we get rid of both Capers and Casserly, we are just putting a band aid on the problem.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #60
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Do pigs fly?
Agree. Capers better get his resume ready too.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read