Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
92.9 QB rating agianst the leagues top defense w/ no ints, I will take that all day every day.
"Stats are like bikini's. They show alot, but they dont show all"

What about the times where he gets flushed out of the pocket, and tucks it and runs?

What about the times where he runs into the pressure?

What about the times he overthrows, or underthrows a player?

You want to place the blame on a WR for not catching a pass, but you dont want to get onto Carr for missing a throw. Doesnt make sense.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #22
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I agree, by looking at Carr's stats it seemed like he had a solid day. The fact is, he didnt! He was constantly on the run. Many times he would drop back and before he got his feet set he was off running. He would run right into the pass rush. There were times that the O-Line did their jobs, the backs picked up the blitz, pushing the pass rusher outside the pocket, and what does Carr do? run outside the pocket right into the blitz. Carr played like **** just like the rest of the team. NO MORE EXCUSES FOR THESE PAMPERED MILLIONAIRES!
Old 09-19-2005   #23
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly is not the brain some people think he is. He does not have an eye for talent. In the 2002 draft there was an OL who fell many rounds because of some phantom injury. His name is Eric Heitmann. He went in the 7th round to the 49ers. He is now a 4 year starter and probably more talented than anyone playing on our line. He would have been a steal in the 6th or 7th. Can anyone remember the person we drafted in the 7th that year? That's just one example of how bad this man is when it comes to talent. Not taking DJ last year was, in my opinion, the straw that broke the camels back.

Can Casserly's butt and we can turn this team around.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #24
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'll let it be known that I am a David Carr supporter.

He needs some help out there on that O-line. If any of you were behind that O-line for 4 yrs and were on task to probably setting a record for being sacked the most in the NFL, how would you feel?

Capers has lost his team. He seems too passive to me a a coach. WHen I guy makes a mistake or gets a stupid penalty I don't see him getting in their face for it - WE WANT AND ARE TRYING TO WIN THE DAMN GAME, PENALTIES OR MISTAKES ARE UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

Casserly almost sounds like Capers n my opinion. How do you let players like Sharper, Glenn, Sears, Swinton, and Sloan go??? So Thomas and Sloan weren't here last season, but they made some big plays in the pre-season and still they got cut???? And going back to the offense, there hasn't been much done about the O-line. Your QB was sacked 76 times the first yr. and is on pace to breaking that record this year. Why hasn't that been addressed?

Palmer... Well last week some on here talked about how he's about lighting up the sky. Ok, let's see how he does calling the plays this week. There were some good things I saw at the beginning of the 2nd half, but still Palomalu was in DC's face all day to the point that DC was actually looking for him after the snap. You have a WR that is the focus of the cover 2, another decent WR in Gaffney, how about using the TE? Or how about mixing it up on the calls? They are too predictable . "1st down, hand off to Davis; 2nd down pitch to Davis; 3rd down pass to WR or davis. C'mon, man?

I say let Hoke coach the team.
Old 09-19-2005   #25
touttail
All Pro

It's offical, check out the Houston Chronicle website, Chris Palmer has been fired, Joe Pendry has taken over OC.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #26
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner

2) There is no accountability to the rest of the line.
As I was saying.....

From the Chronicle:

Right tackle Todd Wade said he expects very few of Sunday's sacks to be blamed on the line this week.

"It's premature for me to say this, but I don't think the offensive line had a lot to do with that," Wade said.

This is akin to Carr's comments last week when he said "we" instead of "I". He was pretty well blasted for that - what does anybody think of this?
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #27
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

So the guy who ruined the O-line with that funky blocking is now the OC? Great...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #28
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
So the guy who ruined the O-line with that funky blocking is now the OC? Great...
In order for something to be ruined it needs to of been good at some point and time. Pendry actually showed results with his zone blocking over the second half of last season.
Old 09-19-2005   #29
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
In order for something to be ruined it needs to of been good at some point and time. Pendry actually showed results with his zone blocking over the second half of last season.
Those positive results in the running game have disappeared between last season and this.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #30
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Those positive results in the running game have disappeared between last season and this.
everything positive from last year has disapeared... I'm just trying to have a little hope for my hometown team!
Old 09-19-2005   #31
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I knew someone was going to lose their job over this, but why hand the rains over to someone who isn't doing their job. Our Oline has to be the worst in the league right now and thats who you hand the Offensive Coordinator job to? Bright idea, why don't we just pass on DJ in the draft while we're at it.

I honestly hope the Texans aren't as bad as they appeared these last two games. We look almost worse then we did the first year of the expansion.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read