Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
enforcer05

Default fire caper and palmer

the team needs a change, bad coach and worst offensive cordinator.
Old 09-18-2005   #2
Elite
Veteran

and carr too.
Old 09-18-2005   #3
droop
Rookie

thank you
droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #4
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

Default Carr, Capers, Palmer or Casserly?

Who do you think will be the first to go?

I think its a toss up between Capers and Palmer. Palmers play calling has been suspect for the last couple of years and it seems that Capers has not been able "get the troops fired up".

I've been a Carr supporter however he has looked loss and confussed in the first two games. The play that stands out in my mind was against Buffalo when Spikes striped Carr and everyone was diving for the ball and Carr looked like a deer in headlights and didn't move or attempted to get the ball while it was at his feet. If he doesn't improve or the bye week and plays well against Cincy then I say bench him for a game or 2.
Old 09-19-2005   #5
touttail
All Pro

Capers has lost this team.
Palmer has worn out his welcome.
The team has lost it's desire, something has to be done!
It would be hard to get rid of a coach during the season, but don't think it would be too big of a problem letting Palmer go. Someone could step right in as offensive cordinator.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #6
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't think getting rid of Carr is the answer. I think if he gets time to throw he can be decent. The thing that sucks is usually by the fourth season a QB should be coming into his own, but from the looks of it, the OLine is worse off today than it was last year or ever.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #7
touttail
All Pro

How can you come into your own when running for your life, no blitz pick up, and Palmer's play calling.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1
I just don't think getting rid of Carr is the answer. I think if he gets time to throw he can be decent. The thing that sucks is usually by the fourth season a QB should be coming into his own, but from the looks of it, the OLine is worse off today than it was last year or ever.
The O-line is worse. You just have to look at the running stats to see that.

1) They changed out one player from last year for a lesser talent - Riley doesn't pass block any better and he run blocks worse than Wand.

2) There is no accountability to the rest of the line.
a) In training camp there was a big article about how Wade had no competition for his RT job, unlike the (supposed) competition at LT. Why? Is he that good? I see people blowing through the right side as much as the left.
b) Weigert sits out much of the latter part of camp due to injury, but plays right away as soon as the season starts. It's automatic. No wonder there's poor communication on the line - they don't have to play together to keep their jobs.
c) They extend a mediocre Pitts before he shows anything this season. This is a guy who is often doing the wrong thing within the wrong line scheme, but it's not obvious to the casual fan because his errors can make other lineman look bad.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

They say that Palmer likes to open up the offense and is pass happy. That's what a lot of you are wanting, but Capers must have Palmer's hands tied. It's also Caper's fault that this team is not "executing". Well, who else's fault would it be?

I'm seeing that other teams have improved their personel MUCH more than we have over the last couple of years, even though we are the newest team and should be improving the fastest.

I think it's Casserly and Capers. We don't have the right players because we draft wrong and then we don't even keep the best ones we have after making bad draft decisions. Do you think Sloan Thomas would have dropped that PERFECT pass like Bradford did today. Why is Bradford on the field? He's the worst receiver we have and we've CUT better ones too. And then there's Buchannon. What he did yesterday on the TD run is something I have NEVER seen before--not in the NFL, or in college, or in High School, Jr. High....I didn't even see that in the Optimist League for little kids. In fact, I was a CB and I would've stuck my helmet right in that RB's gut (and probably got called for spearing--I didn't understand that rule for a while there ) If you are too afraid, too selfish, or just too lazy to hit somebody or take a hit, then you have no business suiting up, or getting paid millions. Oh sure, we can straighten him out and make him a great player. Those Raiders coaches just don't know what they're doing. I think our 2 head honchos need to find work elsewhere. Fangio can stay, and Palmer can stay or go because I don't really care.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

According to John McClain's article this morning it look like Tom Pendry will be promoted to offensive coordinator and Chris Palmer promoted to assiant head coach( or something like that since you don't see coaches fired during the season all that much). If you read between the lines in this article this is the perfect time to do it since the Texans are on a bye week.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3359465

(sorry just saw that someone already posted this link on another thread)

Last edited by texanfan2002114; 09-19-2005 at 08:33 AM.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
According to John McClain's article this morning it look like Tom Pendry will be promoted to offensive coordinator and Chris Palmer promoted to assiant head coach( or something like that since you don't see coaches fired during the season all that much). If you read between the lines in this article this is the perfect time to do it since the Texans are on a bye week.

I do think that's gonna happen, but I don't see how it's going to change anything when Capers will make sure the play-calling stays the same. I don't think our play-calling is really the biggest problem, but I don't think Pendry will be allowed to change it. I think Palmer is a scape goat and Capers wants to fire somebody before HE gets fired.

Maybe in the offseason McNair will make things simple and just fire the whole staff.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem for Capers is that when he didn't fire some coaches last year, he put his head squarely on the chopping block with theirs.
Old 09-19-2005   #13
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Angry

Quote:

(sorry just saw that someone already posted this link on another thread)

So they are going to give the OC job to the person responsible for the OL?!?!?!
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texans_Fan
And who can't even put the best 5 lineman on the field?
Old 09-19-2005   #15
NativeJPR
Rookie

Default no brainer

Carr stays but if he doesn't start playing like a seasoned veteran and start making plays happen then lets draft and trade. As far as Casserly and the rest of his boys it's time to make changes complete and total :brickwall changes are inevitable so lets do it now while you still have a desent fan base to rebuild with would be a reasonable choice over what we have at least then we would know what to expect
NativeJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #16
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
And who can't even put the best 5 lineman on the field?
How many time yesterday did the steelers sack/pressure Carr on a 3 and four man rush? I lost count.

Hell I can't blame the man for running, I'd take the snap and haul ***** also.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Texans_Fan
He was Capers OC in Carolina. Pendry was wanted by several times last year for their OC postion but Capers would not give permission for Pendry to interview with other teams.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
He was Capers OC in Carolina. Pendry was wanted by several times last year for their OC postion but Capers would not give permission for Pendry to interview with other teams.
I think another thread said he was also fired by Capers in Carolina.
Old 09-19-2005   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr, Capers, Palmer or Casserly?

First off, Palmer might as well stamp a big capital 'S' on his forehead, which stands for SCAPEGOAT. Period.

And if Bob McNair is truly what he says he is . . . that being a 'results' guy, then it should be a no-brainer to him as to who he should fire first. He should already be telling Casserly that he's looking for someone else. What he's done with those 2nd and 3rd round picks was awful even before the Philip Buchanon trade.

But my fear is that even if he does 'clean house', ole Charley will survive it.

And SES, it looks like I owe you an apology.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #20
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default Capers and Palmer must go....

I hate to say it but both must go and I actually like D. Capers but he isn't doing his job and the team isn't playing like they were in the first three season....this isn't a step in the right direction. The team looks flat and you have that bust called "Showtime" more like BUST TIME!!!! The team doesn't even fly to the ball like they did over the first three season. The only people I see with emotion are Duante and David. DD had a little and A.J. is just tired of Triple team coverage when his other WR's can't catch a ball right in their hands. It is time for a change and I wouldn't even mind seeing it right now!!!

GEAUX TEXANS!!!

James H.
Houston, Texas
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read