Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #21
Ty Webb
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 Ty Webb was voted MVPTy Webb was voted MVPTy Webb was voted MVP

I was never a fan of Chris Palmer or Dom Capers for that matter, but who is really to blame here? Is it Casserly? Is it Carr's fault for the offensive failures? I do not have the answer, I just support the team and watch them on Sundays. However, I do have an opinion and this all leads me to believe that it is combination of things and that is why you will not see too many drastic changes in the near future (or at least this season). The talk of Palmer being removed from the OC postition and being replaced by Pendry will not really help anything. I know Casserly supposedly has credentials as a GM, but you might want to read a little about his past failures. What we relly need is a head coach that has the respect of his players and appears to know what it is going on in the game. His expression throughout the game reminds me of Jack Pardee when he was coaching the Oilers - same coaching style as well - no emotion. I just hope the Texans can get on track with whatever decisions they make in the near future.
Old 09-19-2005   #22
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i got a better idea for casserly...fire capers and palmer...go to tennessee and hire norm chow has your new head coach and offensive coordinator so that we can actually attempt to do something on offense...while you're at it fire fangio and promote hoke to d. coordinator so that the defense has a decent coach in charge of them...if all else fails fire the whole lot at the end of the season and start over with the o-line

first things first this team has to decide it's identity...right now we don't know if we're a passing team or a running team...we need o-lineman to match...right now our guards are run blockers and our tackles are confussed...and don't even get me started on our center...if you think a pass catching TE is the answer then go get one...if you think we need better protection for the QB go get it...don't talk just do it
Old 09-19-2005   #23
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
"After Sunday's 27-7 loss to the Steelers, Texans coach Dom Capers declined to respond to sources who claim he plans to demote offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and give the play-calling duties to offensive line coach Joe Pendry."

Joe Pendry as offensive coordinator sounds scarier than Palmer IMO. Why give the Oline coach the job as OC, WTF is going on in H-town?
LOL, yeah and Shaq would make a good free throw coach...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Webb
What we relly need is a head coach that has the respect of his players and appears to know what it is going on in the game. His expression throughout the game reminds me of Jack Pardee when he was coaching the Oilers - same coaching style as well - no emotion. I just hope the Texans can get on track with whatever decisions they make in the near future.
Do you think the great head coaches would look like monkeies doing algebra while getting their teeth kicked in? He showed no emotion whatsoever while being piledriven. He has no respect from his players, the fans, or the NFL for that matter. When people know your 2 different plays you need to have more plays.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #25
TD143
Rookie

Default Player Decisions?

One thing I continue to see is the calling for one of Pendry/Palmer/Capers heads, or benching Carr, or etc... and while I do not disagree, what about Casserly and why does he get a pass? Who failed to get Orlando Pace or other OL upgrades? Who resigned Corey "I can only catch 1 ball a game" Bradford? Who failed to get someone/anyone on the other side of Andre? Who cut Billy Miller? Who cut Aaron Glenn and signed Philip "Showtime cancelled" Buchanon who gets thrown at almost every play? Who is giving $$$ to Gary Walker, who keeps getting hurts? Who-who-who.... nuff said. Casserly has not done a great job at all and needs to be put on the carpet as much as anyone else.
TD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #26
afanwithaplan
Rookie

I could not agree with you more. Casserly has made some bad decisions, actually I am
trying to remember a good decision he has made. Oh yeah, now I remember, he decided
to trade down in the draft. Guess the Texans did not need any help on the Oline during
the first round. But, hey, we got Buchanon right? Did anyone see Aaron Glenn's interception
last week? But we got Buchanon.. great choice Charlie!! Only Dunta has heart anymore!

afanwithaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #27
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Casserly hasnt done that bad IMO. Ohhh wait.. nevermind.. he hired this @#$@ coaching staff to begin with. As far as his drafting is concerned, I'd give him a C+. Free Agent signings he gets a D-. In Houston, I expect nothing less than perfection.
Old 09-19-2005   #28
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I hope this is true and I'm not getting my hopes up.

Bobby 119C
Well it's true, he's outta here!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #29
DefLord
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to DefLord

Well it is official - Palmer FIRED!

Now lets see what Pendry can do!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read