Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
Boxscore
All Pro

Default Carr argues with his lineman

At least it says so in this Foxsports article:

Carr Argues
Old 09-18-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
While Carr said his linemen "fought their tails off," Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter heard Carr saying otherwise.

"He was arguing with his offensive line," Porter said. "Whenever you get a quarterback arguing with his team that's a good sign."
Interesting.....the plot thickens.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a tape somewhere of Troy Aikman cussing out his linemen on the bench...what they didn't bleep out he was telling them they were playing like peewee league players. It's funny.

Actually David should be a leader out there. If he's mad at them and he's getting busted every play he should be mad. I would be.

What I'd like to hear is that the players have called a players only meeting and they can air out all these things...no coaches...just players. If they can get on the same page it'd be worth it; bad coaching or not.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I have a tape somewhere of Troy Aikman cussing out his linemen on the bench...what they didn't bleep out he was telling them they were playing like peewee league players. It's funny.

Actually David should be a leader out there. If he's mad at them and he's getting busted every play he should be mad. I would be.

What I'd like to hear is that the players have called a players only meeting and they can air out all these things...no coaches...just players. If they can get on the same page it'd be worth it; bad coaching or not.
Carr got sacked 7 times. That is the fault of the Oline. I do not know if Carr is the QB of the future for this club. However until we get him SOME protection we will never find out.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Carr got sacked 7 times. That is the fault of the Oline. I do not know if Carr is the QB of the future for this club. However until we get him SOME protection we will never find out.
AT LEAST a couple of those sacks were Carr's fault. Running right into a guy blocked outside becaause Carr didn't have enough sense of the game and where the guy was to go inside. Rinse, repeat.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst

I thought he got sacked 8 times today and four of them boiled down to Carr running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage like he did when he was rookie.
Old 09-18-2005   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD

now this is an idea i would full heartedly second
Old 09-18-2005   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe it was 8 sacks two of which were early out of bounds. One he was trying to get to the line of scrimage and just came up a yard short. Another sack (3rd) is also Carrs is where he ran right into the guy DD blocked up field. So, by my count two are directly atributable to him and one he came up short which is a sack, but in reality just a run that didn't make it back to the line.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

This is a no win situation for Carr. This line is horrible because the FO didn't bring in any real players to block for him. Now if he takes his sacks and does nothing, it almost lets the o-line off the hook. But if he cusses them out, someone is gonna get pissed because they probably know in their heart they're not good enough to be out there, and now their getting chewed out.

Every week it becomes more and more appearant that David is going down the same road as Tim Couch. If you've ever made a Tim Couch joke, you need to realize that he was in the exact same situation as Carr. And don't think that emotional breakdown isn't that far away.

And to be noted, I think the kid has all the tools to be a great one, but if he's hit too many more times, he'll lose it, just like Tim.
Old 09-19-2005   #10
RocCityJag
Rookie

he hsould argue the line is trash and there killing his career
RocCityJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #11
done88
Veteran

Get the play caller out of here. Do the Texans put people in motion to keep defenses guessing. I watched the Chiefs move everyone except the center. I mean make some adjustments. I'm not ready to throw Carr uner the bus. He has improved every year. He has an uneveyable task of trying to jump start a bad football team. The problem is the difference between a bad football team and a good football team in the NFL is not much. The best thing that happened to Big Ben was that he got passed over until the Pit grabbed him. He is not the backbone of the team and won't have to be for a while. Look at Culpepper for the vilkes. It is amazing what one or two players can do for a team. I don't believe there is a QB in the league who could do any better with the rest of this Team. Get an offensive line even if it means signing verba to a contract that is more then he is worth. Ask Carr to carve out a few dollars from his contract to protect his blind side. I don't care if the Texans have the first pick next year it better be a lineman.
Old 09-19-2005   #12
touttail
All Pro

I strongly feel the teams has lost it's desire. Capers has lost this team. He needs to step a side.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I thought he got sacked 8 times today and four of them boiled down to Carr running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage like he did when he was rookie.
Why was he running to the sideline? Just to get a drink of water? Who cares whether they were sacks or not? Nobody could block a Steeler on Sunday.

Football is actually a pretty simple game. If you can't block and you can't tackle, you can't win. Welcome to the world of the Houston Texans.
Old 09-19-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Why was he running to the sideline? Just to get a drink of water? Who cares whether they were sacks or not? Nobody could block a Steeler on Sunday.

Football is actually a pretty simple game. If you can't block and you can't tackle, you can't win. Welcome to the world of the Houston Texans.
Why? Because he has a poor feel for the pocket. It's not an either or thing...there is fault on both sides of this equation. You are right...pretty simple until you get weak protection and a QB who has poor instincts, then it looks like a complex mess.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

It's a shame that we'll never know what kind of quarterback he would have become had he not been beaten unmercifully for 3+ years ....
Old 09-19-2005   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky

Maybe he did want a drink of water. It was very hot out there yesterday. One thing I am absolutely sure of though. Much of the time Carr spent bailing out of the pocket he didn't need to. He takes off before it's necessary a great deal of the time and won't step up when he should. As Vinny said he has very poor to non existent pocket presence. He needs to calm down. I haven't seen feet bounce as much since Warren Moons second season in Houston.

Maybe David needs to sit for a little while and get his composure back.
Old 09-19-2005   #17
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why was he running to the sideline? Just to get a drink of water? Who cares whether they were sacks or not? Nobody could block a Steeler on Sunday
Yeah there was pressure, but it's on him when he doesn't throw the ball away.
Old 09-19-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Carr, get in their grill. Let them know. I think they should have a player's only meeting where everyone gets to vent and hopefully get on the same page. I say Stanley and K. Brown should moderate it. But then again, that's not my call who moderates it. lol
Old 09-19-2005   #19
herblcure
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I strongly feel the teams has lost it's desire. Capers has lost this team. He needs to step a side.

Bobby 119C
No doubt! The team has had it, the coach never had it, and the qb is going to lose what little he has left. If this were a company, the c.e.o. would be fired by the board, the new c.e.o. would clean things up, and the staff would shape up or prepare to be pink slipped. Why do teams get away with **** that the real world would never allow. After all, when you are a lineman getting 250K a year and your QB is getting 60mil for 5 years, tell me where you desire is?
herblcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by herblcure
No doubt! The team has had it, the coach never had it, and the qb is going to lose what little he has left. If this were a company, the c.e.o. would be fired by the board, the new c.e.o. would clean things up, and the staff would shape up or prepare to be pink slipped. Why do teams get away with **** that the real world would never allow. After all, when you are a lineman getting 250K a year and your QB is getting 60mil for 5 years, tell me where you desire is?
I believe 4 of our starting linemen are receiving over $3M/year (or close to it) with bonuses and all things considered.. Whatever they make, they should be giving the effort.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read