Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default Folks! heres a list of other 0-2 teams

Arizona - Damn, I really thought they were going to be the surprise team of the year?

Minnesota - I guess loosing Moss means a loosing record?

San Diego - Isn't this the team that put us down 0-2 last year and went to the playoffs?

Baltimore - They have a great coach, a great organization My mistake I meant they had a great organization 2 weeks ago

Green Bay - The fans just cant wait till Brett Farve retires!

Folks, my point is, look around the league, the above teams mentioned are pretty damn good teams!

The Texans deserve a fighting chance and its just 2 games 2 damn early for us fans to give up now. This is the NFL, not college football! Anything can happen.
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
Texas_Heat
Veteran

come week four they will be 0-3 then you can show us the other 0-3 teams and tell us how great things are.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
This team is a Joke i'm not watching this **** team again this year.
Fire them all and start over

On a good note you homers can had fun thinking it's only year 4 of a five year plan. this team is the joke of the league.
That's what you posted in the game thread....So you'll still be here after all?

Yeah, admit it. No matter how bad it gets, you're still hooked after all. Me too.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

R U Kidding!

The UT Longhorns could have beat the Texans today!!!!!

Trust me, it pains me to say that because I'm an Aggie!!

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of 0-3, the Bengals have scored 64 points in 2 games. Ulp!

Don't give up hope totally, though. They're not the Steelers and this team's been punched in the mouth twice now. It's getting close to do-or-die and I expect some fire now.

Or firING. Whichever.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than Minnesota, can you show me an 0-2 team that has played as consistently poorly as us? Can you show me an 0-2 team that is suffering from the same problems they have had for 4 YEARS? It doesnt make me mad we are 0-2. It makes me furious that we have had a TERRIBLE OL for 4 years, that we have had no pass rush now for 3 years, etc, and have done NOTHING but sign mediocre to poor expensive players. We have had no big name FA signings since I can remember. At least Minnesota went out and drafted a WR, signed a bunch of good defensive players, and gave their fans something to look forward to. GB lost their best player. Imagine if we lost AJ.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this list of other 0-2 teams supposed to make me feel better? It doesn't. It's basically saying it's ok to be 0-2 because other teams are.
Old 09-18-2005   #8
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
That's what you posted in the game thread....So you'll still be here after all?

Yeah, admit it. No matter how bad it gets, you're still hooked after all. Me too.
I'll still be here when their 0-16,but I'm going to be like a mad bull stomping and goring any thing that gets in my way.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertankman
Arizona - Damn, I really thought they were going to be the surprise team of the year?

San Diego - Isn't this the team that put us down 0-2 last year and went to the playoffs?

Baltimore - They have a great coach, a great organization My mistake I meant they had a great organization 2 weeks ago

Folks, my point is, look around the league, the above teams mentioned are pretty damn good teams!

The Texans deserve a fighting chance and its just 2 games 2 damn early for us fans to give up now. This is the NFL, not college football! Anything can happen.

Well this teams dont have a chance againts us there are no better loosers in the leauge besides us we have and inside track on all these teams we have david carr at the helms and that ensures us the crappiest record they wont steal the number one pick from us god i hope not.
Old 09-18-2005   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem is....the Texans are not.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #11
CajunTexan
Veteran

supertankman...you have more knowledge in your little fingers that are resting on ASDF-JKL; than the rest of these guys do in their entire bodies!!! Don't waste anymore of your positive energy on these gloom and doomers!!!

Did anyone really believe the Texans would be anything other than 0-2 at this point??? Best case 1-1 at least so far in this thread, only half of the posts blame Carr.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #12
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
The problem is....the Texans are not.

The Texans have alot of room for improvment on the defensive side of the ball, you guys forget that our defense helped us beat alot of good teams including... Yeah, the steelers and if you remember, our offense could not even score a point and we still won. This current defense has alot of new faces and I look for the defense to make or break our season. If this team can get there defense to Rise UP, i see us winning the next two games in a row. Defense wins games, PERIOD
Old 09-18-2005   #13
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

I'm sure you can tell I'm a Jaguar fan, but my wife is a Texans fan. With that said. I DO NOT care about those other 0-2 teams, and niether should you or any other Texans fan.

No disrespect intended.
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #14
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunTexan
supertankman...you have more knowledge in your little fingers that are resting on ASDF-JKL; than the rest of these guys do in their entire bodies!!! Don't waste anymore of your positive energy on these gloom and doomers!!!

Did anyone really believe the Texans would be anything other than 0-2 at this point??? Best case 1-1 at least so far in this thread, only half of the posts blame Carr.
I remember the commentators saying "Houston is a good city to play in when
your winning, but its a bad place to play when you are loosing"

That was just a nice way of putting it, what they really meant to say is that we have some of the worse fans in the league and this tracks way back to the Oiler days
Old 09-18-2005   #15
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarsFan1
I'm sure you can tell I'm a Jaguar fan, but my wife is a Texans fan. With that said. I DO NOT care about those other 0-2 teams, and niether should you or any other Texans fan.
Interesting because my wife is a Dallas fan, do you guys watch the game in the same room when the Jags and Texans are playing? No offence taken, but the point I was trying to make was that I guarantee that one of those 0=2 teams make the playoffs

Last edited by supertankman; 09-18-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was just a nice way of putting it, what they really meant to say is that we have some of the worse fans in the league and this tracks way back to the Oiler days
Just because we criticize the Texans on a MB does not make us bad fans...
Old 09-18-2005   #17
CajunTexan
Veteran

We all wanted this to be the year that we took the next step. But we revamped the Defense, how has that worked for us, and instead of upgrading the talent on the oline, #2 receiver etc. we revamped the offense. If you could not see some regression coming, you were not looking very hard.

I intend to stay positive and believe that this team can get it turned around. As Gaff said, "we started 0-2 last year and went 7-9" Good grief, we went 0-2 last year against Detroit and San Diego, how can going 0-2 against Buffalo on the road and Pittsburgh at home be??? Yeah, I know "its not that we lost, but HOW we lost." Whatever!!! Buffalo and Pittsburgh defense can make any team look bad, just ask the Titans and oh yeah, they won today.

Keep the faith H-town!!! I hope that you really aren't the same fans we saw years ago in that clip from MNF with the Oilers fan giving the one fingered salute to the camera.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #18
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarsFan1

No disrespect intended.
exactly, like the old saying about jumping off the cliff because everyone else did---trying to be positive by comparing us to other losing teams--how many losing teams from last year have won at least 1 game--anyone who consoles themselves because we aren't the only losers just expect too little
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #19
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Red face

Quote:

Actually the teams mentioned are NOT GOOD TEAMS THIS YEAR...they were good teams last year or were predicted to be good in the media..as of RIGHT NOW...they are poor teams..this could change but the onus is on them.
Old 09-19-2005   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Minnesota is hurting from the loss of C Matt Birk. Culpepper is having to throw under pressure without Moss to go to. None of their current receivers draw double coverage.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read