Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Questions for Capers:

Capers will have his radio segment on SportsRadio 610 tomorrow afternoon at around 5. What I would like to do is get a list of questions to send to Rich and Mark for Capers to answer. If they don't ask the questions, I think we the fans should barrage the phone lines.

*Please just post intelligent questions to ask Capers in this thread. No commentary. I'll keep a running list here.*

1) Has anyone taught Carr how to step up into the pocket or stay in the pocket? Why does Carr locked onto WRs? Why does he lock onto Davis coming out of the backfield?
2) Who runs the offense: Capers or Palmer?
3) Why is it that in the preseason you said that Morency would get 10 touches a game and he has yet to recieve one carry this season?
4) Why not impose your will on defenses?
5) Why can Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, T.O., Chad Johnson, etc. can be double covered but still burn defenses and AJ can only average 6 yards a catch?
6) Why does P-Burnt play 15 yards off his WR before the snap? Is he really that bad?
7) Why havent you allowed Babin and Peek to forget containment and unleash them on the QB? (Bring up Steve Foley doing nothing here and then tearing it up in San Diego) Why havent we started with the zone blitz?
8) Why is Morlon Greenwood sitting out on first downs???
9) Why TJ over DJ?
10) Why not more zone blitz? Ineffectives when it is used? (Payne dropping into coveragein Buffalo)
11) Why not a more spread offense to keep AJ from being doubled?
12) Why did you decide to pound the ball against the Steelers when EVERYONE was saying that the best way to attack them is to spread them out so they can't stack the line?
13) Why cant you have more passion during the game like other coachers around the leauge?
14) Why cut Swinton?
15) Why did we run 3 TE sets in the 4th and try to run the ball when passing out of the 3 TE set was working much better?
16) Can we run some more 4 WR sets?
17) Why in the hell was Sloan Thomas cut?
18) Why does Carr ALWAYS audible to a run?
19) What is with AJ dropping passes?
20) Why don't we try using some man coverage?
21) Carr's post game comments with conflicting Joey Porter comments.
22) 3rd quarter 3:57: What consequences does philip buchanan face for the most worthless excuse for a tackle i've ever seen?
23) 4th quarter, 10:10, Polamaluís 3rd sack on carr: Did you hear a whistle coach capers? Check the film...victor riley thought he hear one when he stopped blocking polamalu for no apparent reason and allowed a free shot on our QB.
24) Were the constant formation changes an attempt to get personel mismatches?
25) What do you plan on doing to motivate the players?
26) Why is it that for the last few years it seems that our players go down more often and stay down longer than the oppenent?
27) Whose decision was it to keep the roof open and for the Steelers to get the side in the shade?

Add them as you must...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
herblcure
Rookie

Default not a bad idea

Perhaps we could also ask what ***** in management was wanting the roof open. nice job making the it hotter than hell. plan worked!
herblcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
Panther5407
All Pro

Why cant you have more passion during the game like other coachers around the leauge?
Old 09-18-2005   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

thought of another:

Why cut Swinton?

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have missed it but I did not see us blitz once today.
Why are we not blitzing?
What is with AJ dropping passes?
Why don't we try using some man coverage?
Why did we run 3 TE sets in the 4th and try to run the ball when passing out of the 3 TE set was working much better?
Can we run some more 4 WR sets?
Why in the hell was Sloan Thomas cut?
Old 09-18-2005   #6
Boxscore
All Pro

Capers needs to address this report from Fox Sports>

Quote:
While Carr said his linemen "fought their tails off," Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter heard Carr saying otherwise.

"He was arguing with his offensive line," Porter said. "Whenever you get a quarterback arguing with his team that's a good sign."

Houston's only scoring drive came after coach Dom Capers challenged his team to "put the first half behind us and come out and fight." They went 78 yards in 14 plays, with Domanick Davis scoring on a 3-yard catch.

After that, the Texans went for it on fourth-and-4 from the Pittsburgh 28 only to get called for delay of game. They tried anyway and Carr overthrew Corey Bradford in the end zone.

"It's frustrating," Carr said. "We just, for some reason, can't get it done."
Old 09-18-2005   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121565 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

3rd quarter 357

what consequences does philip buchanan face for the most worthless excuse for a tackle i've ever seen?

4th quarter. 1010
polamaluís 3rd sack on carr---------

did you hear a whistle coach capers? check the film...victor riley thought he hear one when he stopped blocking polamalu for no apparent reason and allowed a free shot on our qb.

were the constant formation changes an attempt to get personel mismatches?

what do you plan on doing to motivate the players?
Old 09-18-2005   #8
stevo3883
All Pro

WTF happened to "all our O-line needs is time to Gel"?????
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by herblcure
Perhaps we could also ask what ***** in management was wanting the roof open. nice job making the it hotter than hell. plan worked!

I thought that was pretty stupid keeping the roof open to use the weather against the Steelers. I didn't see one of them on the ground all day long nor did any of them appear the least bit affected by the temperature. The Texans seem to have someone being led off the field every four plays and I want to know what's up with that. Watch next game and count the number of times a Texan stays down versus how often a Bengal stays down. When you see that we constantly have guys needing help and the Bengals maybe will have one or two guys coming out for a play you'll say "Yeah, but that's just one game".

It's almost every game and every year since 2002. I am very curious as to why that is.
Old 09-18-2005   #10
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I thought that was pretty stupid keeping the roof open to use the weather against the Steelers. I didn't see one of them on the ground all day long nor did any of them appear the least bit affected by the temperature. The Texans seem to have someone being led off the field every four plays and I want to know what's up with that. Watch next game and count the number of times a Texan stays down versus how often a Bengal stays down. When you see that we constantly have guys needing help and the Bengals maybe will have one or two guys coming out for a play you'll say "Yeah, but that's just one game".

It's almost every game and every year since 2002. I am very curious as to why that is.

Capers hired the water boy, thats why
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I recall one play against Buffalo where we used a zone blitz and Payne dropped into coverage. Didn't seem to phase Losman much since he completed a pass to Campbell I believe it was.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #12
get a clue
Rookie

i second acking the following:

Why the hell did you cut sloan thomas

why cut swinton

New ?'s

did we get trade insurance with the phil Buc trade

what are you planning to do for income next year

and WTF is up with passing on DJ with the LB's we have?
get a clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's one.

Was your decision to keep the roof open in that heat meant to keep the crowd from booing the team so loud?

I'm not being sarcastic, Coach. Seriously, I really wondered that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #14
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Why cant you have more passion during the game like other coachers around the leauge?
Capers has lost this team. Our team has no desire!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i just have 3 ...

who calls the plays?
who makes the decision on starters and players being cut from the team?
how long are bradford, mckinney/weigert, hollings, & buchannon going to be on the team?
Old 09-19-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Fiddy, they are reading some of these questions off right now on 610am. Lance mentioned this thread and has taken some of these questions and are discussing them with John McClain.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I miss it already Vinny? Nevermind Vinny, I am listening now...
Old 09-19-2005   #18
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

#27 isn't correct .... Steelers were in the sun all day ... Texans got shade around mid 4th quarter ...
Old 09-19-2005   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
#27 isn't correct .... Steelers were in the sun all day ... Texans got shade around mid 4th quarter ...
Yeah - so it dropped to 101 for us.

Chuck's right though - the Steelers never had shade.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #20
touttail
All Pro

Dom Capers here, we will have to evaluate what happened Sunday.

We got our butt kicked the last 3 games-by Cleveland 2004, by Buffalo, and by the Steelers.

bobby 119C
:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read