Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #41
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is it that almost everyone on these boards seems to take the position of blaming either Carr or the O-Line/rest of offense? I know people are looking for someone to blame for the travesty we have witnessed the past two weeks, but to place the blame squarely on one person/group is asinine. It still takes eleven people to play this game and no one person is to blame no matter how much someone wants them to be.

First of all Carr has not played like a all pro quarterback, there is no question, and sometimes he still looks like a rookie. He makes some bad decisions, he sometimes misses his open receivers, and seems to sometimes have trouble reading defenses. Yes this even happens when he has time and should be able to make his reads and completions. To step out of bounds for a sack when he should be throwing the ball away is ludicrous and he should be called out on this. There are times when he should step up into the pocket instead of scrambling and again these are fair arguments against him. I have felt the same way many times. However he cannot be faulted for all of the problems.

The offensive line, this includes the backs/TE when blocking, often gives him too little time to make his read progressions and to call their play good would be insane. Many times I have watched 3-4 defensive linemen rush our 5-6 man front and get almost immediate pressure. This would be unacceptable at high school level. There is no way he should be under constant pressure from anything other than a blitz yet many times it seems Carr has less than 1-2 seconds to find his open receivers. Half the time there are no open receivers, because when your main weapon is double covered and your other two options are too slow/running poor routes/well covered it proves difficult to get them the ball in that short of a time frame. Again however, the rest of the offense, line/backs/receivers, cannot be held solely responsible for the abysmal play we have been witness to.

There are many glaring deficiencies in out offense, and not even venturing into the coaching dilemma, to blame one person/group or replacing him/them would do very little to change the way the Texans are playing. A new quarterback would be pointless without addressing the other offensive concerns, and fixing the blocking/receiveing would only put a Band-Aid on the broken leg that is our offense. There needs to be major reforms in all areas, not removing said people until trying to change them and not unless they prove unwilling or unable to adapt to said changes. Either that or fire the whole lot of 'em.

After watching these two games this season it may be this is the case. We have seen on a few, a very few, occasions a flair of what this team is capable of. The touchdown drive in this last game looked very nice but until they are able to do that consistently, I fear the woes will continue. If these few cases are any indication, it doesn't look like this team is incapable of this kind of play. They just need to get their act together.

Please forgive the rants and poor structuring of this post but it is late and I'm tired. This is my first post but seeing the bickering of Carr vs. O-Line on this board I just needed to get this off my chest. Everything I said is just from the point of the players, excluding all coaching/managing, where I feel much of the problem lies. Don't even get me started on the defense. I am not trying to change anyone's mind and I am not trying to stop anyone from expressing their feelings. Lord knows many times I agree with what a lot of you say and enjoy reading it. I just feel the countless threads on Fire Carr/O-Line stinks show people are divided on who to blame and what to do.

The whole team seems dead in the water right now, all fight drained out of them. In my opinion the team needs to find some leadership, find some heart, and find a way to improve themselves. Right now I would be happy with just seeing that. Feel free to flame me all you want. I don't claim to know a lot about football, probably less than most of you. I just feel that placing the blame on one area without addressing the others is pointless and would just result in more of the same.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #42
wenskek
Rookie

i am so sick of hearing how we playing the number 1 and 2 defenses of 04. the bucs did not seem to have trouble moving the ball on the bills today.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #43
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

"Sometimes he sacked himself," Porter said. "He was running everywhere, (taking) delay of games, throwing the ball in the dirt, taking sacks, running into guys he was scrambling for no reason at times."

The dude is done as a QB in Houston.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #44
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
"Sometimes he sacked himself," Porter said. "He was running everywhere, (taking) delay of games, throwing the ball in the dirt, taking sacks, running into guys he was scrambling for no reason at times."

Well no **** eh? If you were getting rocked to the dirt on every play, wouldnt you want to anticipate it every once and a while? Come on, Joey.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #45
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

When i watched he looked like he had good reason to scramble.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food

The dude is done as a QB in Houston.
Do you have a link for this wonger? I'd like to see the piece.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Do you have a link for this wonger? I'd like to see the piece.
It's in McClain's main piece...
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2005   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, that's what I thought. Not exactly a verbatim quote there was it now?

Old 09-19-2005   #49
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Ok, that's what I thought. Not exactly a verbatim quote there was it now?
Sure it was... cut and pasted.

I didn't mean to imply that Porter said Carr was done. I'm sure him and the entire Steeler's defense was thinking it though.
Old 09-19-2005   #50
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's straight from the article.
Old 09-19-2005   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Ok...I just saw the first one. You are right. Carry on...and thanks for the link.

Old 09-19-2005   #52
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

The Chronicle actually left out his last sentence...

"Sometimes, he sacked himself, he ran out of bounds on the line of scrimmage and he sacked himself."
Old 09-19-2005   #53
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

palmer is gone, now we can see if carr does better in a differnt offense
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #54
touttail
All Pro

Dom Capers here, "Can you spell "CARR-QB", so I can write it in my little notepad".

bobby 119C

Last edited by touttail; 09-19-2005 at 03:52 PM.
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #55
CajunTexan
Veteran

Your right Proteus, I am printing all of your posts and going to the head. out
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read