Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

carr had a solid game. how many errant passes can you place squarely on his shoulders?

on the contrary...

how many dropped passes and how much pressure did he get?

last week he had a miserable game and i said just that. this week he played relativley well. i just spent 4 1/2 hours going back and forth through the game tape.

the line today was worse then a new orleans levee.
Old 09-18-2005   #22
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
You guys are PATHETIC!!! Put yourself in HIS shoes and see how you feel!!!! How would YOU feel if you had a bushy haired freak running after you all day!! David got NO protection from that dude!!! D. Davis SUCKS when it comes to blocking! Put the blame where the blame belongs!! ON THE ENTIRE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!! AND the coaching staff!!
Im right with you, no quaterback ever would be able to work well with a team like this.
Old 09-18-2005   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
good grief. carr just had a good game today.

I don't see how anyone can say that. He made bad decisions all day long. For some strange reason Carr can't seem to learn that you throw the ball away once you're outside the tackle box and instead insists on losing yardage and adding to his sack total by running out of bounds. He also can't figure out that throwing the ball away when you're IN the tackle box gets you a penalty for intentional grounding. Go figure, maybe those two are related.

I spent the entire afternoon watching nothing but David Carr from very early in the game. He has happy feet. He bails on the pocket before the pressure even gets there and almost completely refuses to step up into it. He threw poor passes often enough today to leave a couple of his receivers extended and waiting to get the snot knocked out of them and for the most part he had plenty of time to throw the ball. On a majority of his passes he had around 4-5 seconds to do his job. He didn't get it done.

People want to compare David Carr and the pressure he faced with what they saw Ben Rothlisberger do and the pressure he faced. It's no comparison because we have the worst pass rush in the NFL . No quarterback you see all year long is going to have less time to throw than David Carr. that doesn't mean the line is incredibly bad (they are not good, no doubt about that). It means we can't rush the passer.
Old 09-18-2005   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I don't see how anyone can say that. He made bad decisions all day long. For some strange reason Carr can't seem to learn that you throw the ball away once you're outside the tackle box and instead insists on losing yardage and adding to his sack total by running out of bounds. He also can't figure out that throwing the ball away when you're IN the tackle box gets you a penalty for intentional grounding. Go figure, maybe those two are related.

I spent the entire afternoon watching nothing but David Carr from very early in the game. He has happy feet. He bails on the pocket before the pressure even gets there and almost completely refuses to step up into it. He threw poor passes often enough today to leave a couple of his receivers extended and waiting to get the snot knocked out of them and for the most part he had plenty of time to throw the ball. On a majority of his passes he had around 4-5 seconds to do his job. He didn't get it done.

People want to compare David Carr and the pressure he faced with what they saw Ben Rothlisberger do and the pressure he faced. It's no comparison because we have the worst pass rush in the NFL . No quarterback you see all year long is going to have less time to throw than David Carr. that doesn't mean the line is incredibly bad (they are not good, no doubt about that). It means we can't rush the passer.

Chris Palmer called a very "training wheels" type of passing game today. David got his completions throwing 2-10 yard passes to guys who were instantly wrapped up. He was competent in the "Fisher Price Offense".
Old 09-18-2005   #25
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been away for awhile and this is actually the first game I've been able to see this year (including preseason).

When did we trade for Ryan Leaf and what did we give up for him?

Has any QB regressed as much as Carr has in the past half year? I recall the team being 4-3 last year after the win at home against Jax. Carr was having a great year and was a top 10 QB in most of the statistical categories. Since that point the team has gone 3-8 and Carr has looked worse and worse. Can his career be salvaged? Is he suffering from permanent PTSD (Post Traumatic Sack Disorder)? It looks to be a long, long season.
Old 09-18-2005   #26
CajunTexan
Veteran

Geez, you guys are right! A 92 QB rating does suck, doesn't it!!!! Yeah, the fumble hurt, but these guys are professionals, I think. They can't let an early mistake dictate the outcome!!! On offense we gained 220 yards, Carr threw for 167 and ran for 46. Lets see, that is a grand total of 213 of the net 220.

Did any of you Carr bashers even note what a sick effort the defense showed??? I suppose not since none of you can see past your hatred for Carr.

Lets see, the defense forced no turnovers, again, by the way, I am talking about the same defense that made Lossman of Buffalo look like Joe Montana. Did you see what Tampa did to the kid today????? Only one sack for -1 yards and when we did show some life on offense, drove 78 yards to cut the deficit to 13, how did they respond, oh yeah, they let Pittsburgh drive down and stick another in on us. And that Phillip Buchanan, know thats a player!!!! He was toast all day, and then the "olay" effort he put out on the TD run in the affore mentioned drive speaks volumes about that dude.

Wake up, look past your distain for Carr, and show us that you know something, anything, about what you speak.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #27
Elite
Veteran

i give up lets just put David Carr in the hall of fame
Old 09-18-2005   #28
CajunTexan
Veteran

I rest my case.
Old 09-18-2005   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Found written on a piece of paper that fell out of Casserly's pocket .

NOTE TO SELF ... DO NOT START A FRANCHISE BY DRAFTING A QB .

BUILD A LINE FIRST NEXT TIME AND WAIT A FEW YEARS THEN GO AFTER A QB :brickwall
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #30
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunTexan
Geez, you guys are right! A 92 QB rating does suck, doesn't it!!!! Yeah, the fumble hurt, but these guys are professionals, I think. They can't let an early mistake dictate the outcome!!! On offense we gained 220 yards, Carr threw for 167 and ran for 46. Lets see, that is a grand total of 213 of the net 220.

Did any of you Carr bashers even note what a sick effort the defense showed??? I suppose not since none of you can see past your hatred for Carr.
How could I have been so stupid? It must have been all that Carr hate running through my cold veins blocking out the brilliant play of David Carr. I should have known that if you have a QB rating of 92 then it doesn't matter if you can't sustain a drive or score points. You win instantly!

Thanks CajunTexan for reminding me of this. I'd also forgotten that having all your teams yards in a pathetic losing effort that's riddled with mistakes gives you an instant pass on any criticism and absolves you of any responsibility when your team stinks it up.

Quote:
Lets see, the defense forced no turnovers, again, by the way, I am talking about the same defense that made Lossman of Buffalo look like Joe Montana. Did you see what Tampa did to the kid today????? Only one sack for -1 yards and when we did show some life on offense, drove 78 yards to cut the deficit to 13, how did they respond, oh yeah, they let Pittsburgh drive down and stick another in on us. And that Phillip Buchanan, know thats a player!!!! He was toast all day, and then the "olay" effort he put out on the TD run in the affore mentioned drive speaks volumes about that dude.

Wake up, look past your distain for Carr, and show us that you know something, anything, about what you speak.
Ok, this is going to come as a shock to you I know so if it's all too much to take in at once just look away from the screen, put your head between your knees and breath deeply. Ready? It's possible for both the defense AND the offense to play lousy AT THE SAME TIME

And while yes, the defense played terrible today there is no denying that during every single Texans possession the defense was sitting on the sideline. The defense allowed 27 points. Terrible. They aren't responsible for the fact that the offense scored 7. You're not going to beat anybody with 7 points.

SEVEN POINTS!
AGAIN!

Ever hear about keeping your defense off the field by controlling the ball, and thus the clock? Didn't think so.
Old 09-18-2005   #31
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont forget we just played the number one defense and carr still had decent numbers.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
Dont forget we just played the number one defense and carr still had decent numbers.

decent numbers to nowhere mean nothing. When the other team is ahead by three touchdowns and they let Davis get 5 yards a carry so long as he's eating clock and killing our chances of catching up does that make him great because he finishes with a hundred yards that day?

Carr didn't complete squat to anyone that made a difference today. lots of completions while throwing the ball 6 yards in a 20 point loss don't impress.
Old 09-18-2005   #33
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
=Hervoyel]decent number to nowhere mean nothing. When the other team is ahead by three touchdowns and they let Davis get 5 yards a carry so long as he's eating clock and killing our chances of catching up does that make him great because he finishes with a hundred yards that day?
No it doesnt make him great it means we have stupid coaches.

Quote:
Carr didn't complete squat to anyone that made a difference today. lots of completions while throwing the ball 6 yards in a 20 point loss don't impress.
[/quote]
Carrs Avg Yards per completion was around 10 yards. Which is not great but its more than 6 yards.
Old 09-18-2005   #34
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Carr doesnt call our plays thats what the coaches are for.
Old 09-18-2005   #35
CajunTexan
Veteran

Hervoyel...I do not believe anywhere in the post was it mentioned that Carr played like John Elway. It simply stated his QB rating. I am sure that he, as well as I would take the QB rating he had last week as long as we got a "W".

I appreciate you validating my post about the defense. That was my message, there is more wrong with this team than Carr. Was it your post that stated he was the worst starting QB in the league???? How about the 5 int's that Harrington and Culpepper threw today??? Tim Ratty sure looked good today didn't he???? Carrs QB rating was better that Peyton's today and yes I know they one, but it was about the Colt defense not Peyton.

Critique the entire team and remember, the "QB gets to much blame when a team looses and to much credit when they win"
Old 09-18-2005   #36
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Found written on a piece of paper that fell out of Casserly's pocket .

NOTE TO SELF ... DO NOT START A FRANCHISE BY DRAFTING A QB .

BUILD A LINE FIRST NEXT TIME AND WAIT A FEW YEARS THEN GO AFTER A QB :brickwall
continuation of letter of casserlys and if you do draft a QB dont draft one that played in the WAC that is sure fire disaster.
Old 09-18-2005   #37
CajunTexan
Veteran

[Ever hear about keeping your defense off the field by controlling the ball, and thus the clock? Didn't think so.[/quote]

Sounds like a coaching problem. I guess its DC's fault that the o-line not only sucks at pass protection but can't run block either.
Old 09-18-2005   #38
Elite
Veteran

Quote:
[Ever hear about keeping your defense off the field by controlling the ball, and thus the clock? Didn't think so.
Sounds like a coaching problem. I guess its DC's fault that the o-line not only sucks at pass protection but can't run block either. [/quote]

Cant do much when you have 11 men in the box no respect for the passing game i wonder why david carr may be. i think there was a couple time AJ and CB were left alone to go deep even the corners were in the box.
Old 09-18-2005   #39
Proteus
Rookie

Default Listen to yourselves...

Stop, and think... all of you. Some good quaterbacks had some bad games today, yes that is true. So, you feel justified to compare numbers with Carr's performance today. Lets remember, today, even the Colts won their game with Mannings bad show. Numbers don't mean a damn thing. The only numbers that matter are the ones left on the scoreboard at the end of the game. It's those numbers that get you to a Superbowl. Carr could throw 88%, for 300+ yards, and 4 TD's.... but if the scoreboard still shows that you lost, you still end up in the loosers column.... another game back from the playoffs. Carr's numbers don't mean a thing, his performance was rancid, his numbers were lackluster, he is a horrible QB. Let's flush this turd and take his numbers to wipe with.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #40
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
Sounds like a coaching problem. I guess its DC's fault that the o-line not only sucks at pass protection but can't run block either.

Cant do much when you have 11 men in the box no respect for the passing game i wonder why david carr may be. i think there was a couple time AJ and CB were left alone to go deep even the corners were in the box. [/quote]
Dont forget that capers runs the ball to open up the passing game. Also for the last time you cant throw the ball when you only have two seconds. So basically we cant run the ball because we cant pass and we cant pass because we cant run.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read