Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Internal Bickering Within Team

Here is an excerpt from an article on CNNSI.com.

While Carr said his linemen ''fought their tails off,'' Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter heard Carr saying otherwise.

''He was arguing with his offensive line,'' Porter said. ''Whenever you get a quarterback arguing with his team that's a good sign.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...570_recap.html

I'm wondering to what extent the players will say more about this sort of thing in the post-game interviews.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

if i was carr, id be pissed too.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
While Carr said his linemen ''fought their tails off,'' Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter heard Carr saying otherwise.
He may be confusing "fought their tails off" with "had their tails handed to them".
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I also heard that DRob chewed out Buchanon and that Gary Walker chewed out Babin.

This team is imploding.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
TexanAggie
Rookie

Carr was at fault just as bad as the line so lets not give carr any excuses........
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Tulip-where did you hear that? It doesn't surprise me at all that the wheels are starting to fall off.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2005   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Tulip-where did you hear that? It doesn't surprise me at all that the wheels are starting to fall off.

Thanks in advance.
I heard it on 610 - on the fan feedback show. It may have been Matt Jackson, but I can't remember.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2005   #8
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Here is an excerpt from an article on CNNSI.com.

''He was arguing with his offensive line,'' Porter said. ''Whenever you get a quarterback arguing with his team that's a good sign.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...570_recap.html

I'm wondering to what extent the players will say more about this sort of thing in the post-game interviews.
THis is gonna get ugly
Old 09-18-2005   #9
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

It's going to get ugly around here, unfortunately, but I expect the Cowboys to whip some Redskin *** tomorrow night.
Old 09-18-2005   #10
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
It's going to get ugly around here, unfortunately, but I expect the Cowboys to whip some Redskin *** tomorrow night.
I hope so...we will pay back Casserly for ruining your team..he hates Texas..he is a closet Redskins homer
Old 09-18-2005   #11
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Whenever I talk to Redskin fans about Casserly, all they remember about him is how he wasted a very high pick in the first round on Heath Shuler. I hope CC gets his *** fired as GM of the Texans--the sooner, the better.
Old 09-18-2005   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAggie
Carr was at fault just as bad as the line so lets not give carr any excuses........
Yes he was. I spent the entire afternoon doing nothing but watching David Carr in the pocket since there wasn't much doubt about the outcome of the game from early on. I paid for the ticket so I decided to put the time to good use for a change. Usually I'm too wound up and emotional to do more than scream at the appropriate moments and watch the ball. Today I had a strange feeling of calm come over me as I watched them come apart and mostly I ignored the ball. I watched the offensive line and the defence prior to the snap. After that I just watched Carr and when he took a snap I counted.

People, everbody. I know this is hard to accept but David Carr really stinks. Whether it's something he brought with him (I personally doubt it) or something he has become since he was drafted by the Texans (my view) can be debated but the fact remains. This guy is damaged goods and one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

Happy feet, bad decisions, failure to learn even the most basic concepts needed to play his position. You name it and it can be pinned on David Carr right now. If I were the Texans coaches I'd bench him just to stop the carnage, His line is getting him sacked about 15% of the time. His line and his backs and tight ends combined are probably responsible for 40-50% of his problems. The rest is all David.

I don't see how anyone with eyes to see could continue to defend David Carr's play after this weekend. In two weeks the Bengals will continue this trail of destruction. Carr is very possibly done here folks.
Old 09-18-2005   #13
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Sadly, I've come to the same conclusion. As I sat with my son wearing our David Carr battle red jerseys, I was hoping David would do well. Instead he got off to a bad start, and except for the touchdown drive, I saw nothing in his play that I found encouraging.

I'm still hoping he'll come around, but he may be damaged goods. Thanks a lot, Charlie and Dom.
Old 09-18-2005   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Carr is very possibly done here folks.
You are 100% correct with this post. Plenty of people will try to defend the guy and blame the line, but Carr is horrible. At least 5 of the sacks were due to his lack of pocket presense.

For the love of god... someone please tell the guy that he can throw the ball away once he's outside of the tackle box. And that it is perfectly legal to step forward when there's pressure.

I've been saying it for a long time now and am that people are finally starting to realize that this guy is not the answer. He's barely an NFL quarterback at this point in his career.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #15
Texansfan1980
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Texansfan1980

What happened with bucannon he just tapped the guy why didnt he tack the pittsburge player. Are the Texans Falling apart
Old 09-18-2005   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes he was. I spent the entire afternoon doing nothing but watching David Carr in the pocket since there wasn't much doubt about the outcome of the game from early on. I paid for the ticket so I decided to put the time to good use for a change. Usually I'm too wound up and emotional to do more than scream at the appropriate moments and watch the ball. Today I had a strange feeling of calm come over me as I watched them come apart and mostly I ignored the ball. I watched the offensive line and the defence prior to the snap. After that I just watched Carr and when he took a snap I counted.

People, everbody. I know this is hard to accept but David Carr really stinks. Whether it's something he brought with him (I personally doubt it) or something he has become since he was drafted by the Texans (my view) can be debated but the fact remains. This guy is damaged goods and one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

Happy feet, bad decisions, failure to learn even the most basic concepts needed to play his position. You name it and it can be pinned on David Carr right now. If I were the Texans coaches I'd bench him just to stop the carnage, His line is getting him sacked about 15% of the time. His line and his backs and tight ends combined are probably responsible for 40-50% of his problems. The rest is all David.

I don't see how anyone with eyes to see could continue to defend David Carr's play after this weekend. In two weeks the Bengals will continue this trail of destruction. Carr is very possibly done here folks.
Quote:
David Carr 16/26 = 61.5% not bad
167 Yds 1TD 0Int -If Johnson and bradford hadnt dropped so many passes Carr might have had 200 or more yards and a higher completion percentage.
I don't understand why everybody thinks this is carr's fault and if you think our Oline played good then you need to watch the game again. read http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=12402
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan1980
What happened with bucannon he just tapped the guy why didnt he tack the pittsburge player. Are the Texans Falling apart
Simply a lack of pride and heart.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
David Carr 16/26 = 61.5% not bad
167 Yds 1TD 0Int -If Johnson and bradford hadnt dropped so many passes Carr might have had 200 or more yards and a higher completion percentage.
I don't understand why everybody thinks this is carr's fault and if you think our Oline played good then you need to watch the game again. read http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=12402
Well that's the problem with reading off someones statistics and trying to describe their game from that. Anywhere in those numbers do they list the number of times Carr scrambled out of a pocket that was holding instead of stepping up into it? Does it include his penalty for intentional grounding? More important than that does it take into account that he's been getting those penalties for three years now and still doesn't know better than to do it? Does it take into account the fact that he doesn't understand the concept of a "tackle box"?

Carr's stats were shown on the big screen during the game and I did a double take. My first thought was "He looks like he's having a pretty good day". Then I thought about it and I decided that Palmer was calling a very safe game for Carr today.
Old 09-18-2005   #19
Texton
Rookie

Default Fourth year expectations...

I had fun watching the Texas the first 3 seasons, even though they were using those "older, slower, seasoned expansion draft picks". Now that CC and Dom have reinvented the team to be a "younger, faster team capable of sacking those quarterbacks" they have reinvented the team to expansion team status.

Jaimie Sharper, Aaron Glen, and company we really miss you!

I feel like Alice in Wonderland must have felt after she fell down the keyhole. This team doesn't look better it looks really bad. I don't think they can salvage this season with the present coaching staff and talent. Too bad David Carr has had a promising career sacked into the ground.

It's not Carr's fault that management never considered an offensive line improvement during drafts or free agency after it became apparent Boselli was a non-factor. So much for CC's draft philosphy of taking the best player on the board at the time!

If I was Carr I would be asking for a trade!

Mr. McNair.....this team needs your help now!

Last edited by Texton; 09-18-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Texton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Well that's the problem with reading off someones statistics and trying to describe their game from that. Anywhere in those numbers do they list the number of times Carr scrambled out of a pocket that was holding instead of stepping up into it? Does it include his penalty for intentional grounding? More important than that does it take into account that he's been getting those penalties for three years now and still doesn't know better than to do it? Does it take into account the fact that he doesn't understand the concept of a "tackle box"?

Carr's stats were shown on the big screen during the game and I did a double take. My first thought was "He looks like he's having a pretty good day". Then I thought about it and I decided that Palmer was calling a very safe game for Carr today.
Herv you and I disagree on a number of issues, but Carr never does call his own plays except for audibles. I think Capers and Palmer, and more likely Capers, micromanages this team into oblivion. While I'm not going to disagree with you in the way of what you are seeing performance wise, I think it is impossible to perform on this team because the coaches will criticize you for not doing what they actually told you to do even if it was wrong. The coaches spent the entire summer wanting Carr to roll out and relieve pressure on the offensive line. It was by plan and now they have deviated from what they practiced all summer. Do you wonder why he is confused. That is what you are suppose to do when you employ the zone blocking scheme. It requires a more mobile QB to avoid the pressure from the defensive team's line.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read