Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005   #1
Longhorn Jimmy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0 Longhorn Jimmy is ridin' the pine
Default List the Charley Casserly Busts

Though our coaching staff sucks the real problem that we have is the lack of talent we have on the field. We are NOT a talented team and have gaping holes. The Texans have ONLY 3 starters from their 2002 draft while the Steelers coming off a 13-3 season have 4 despite the fact that we had higher picks and more draft picks.

This is my list of the Casserly All-Bust Team in no particular order:

1. Tony Boselli- nothing more needs to be said

2. Jason Babin- benched the second half of today's game and does NOTHING, too slow to stay back in coverage and too weak to rush the passer.

3. P-Burnt- torched today and looked terrible in week 1.

4. David Carr- Casserly ruined the career of this kid. He could have been a very good, not great QB IMO but he is shot and that is the fault of Casserly's failure to get a decent O-line or secondary receivers.

5. Jabbar Gaffney- has done nothing over his career.

6. Corey Bradford- pos loser who needs to be cut this week.

7. Charles Hill- never made the team.

8. Bennie Joppru- never even played in ONE preseason game.

I could go on but it is endless. Please add on to my list.
Longhorn Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
Fletch
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0 Fletch is ridin' the pine
Default

How about reaching for Chester Pitts in the 2nd round when he was a lock to fall to the 3rd or 4th?

What about passing Willie Roaf in the expansion draft and him going to consecutive pro bowls after.

Bennie "the groin" Joppru?

Seth Wand?

The biggest Casserly bust is the entire OL he has assembled every year of this franchise's existence.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
ROYDESTROY
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 41
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 0 ROYDESTROY is ridin' the pine
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Jimmy
Though our coaching staff sucks the real problem that we have is the lack of talent we have on the field. We are NOT a talented team and have gaping holes. The Texans have ONLY 3 starters from their 2002 draft while the Steelers coming off a 13-3 season have 4 despite the fact that we had higher picks and more draft picks.

This is my list of the Casserly All-Bust Team in no particular order:

1. Tony Boselli- nothing more needs to be said

2. Jason Babin- benched the second half of today's game and does NOTHING, too slow to stay back in coverage and too weak to rush the passer.

3. P-Burnt- torched today and looked terrible in week 1.

4. David Carr- Casserly ruined the career of this kid. He could have been a very good, not great QB IMO but he is shot and that is the fault of Casserly's failure to get a decent O-line or secondary receivers.

5. Jabbar Gaffney- has done nothing over his career.

6. Corey Bradford- pos loser who needs to be cut this week.

7. Charles Hill- never made the team.

8. Bennie Joppru- never even played in ONE preseason game.

I could go on but it is endless. Please add on to my list.

Good honest post...I think you are 100% correct.. :brickwall
__________________
[img]http://images.nfl.com/u/ap/photos/IRV105082722_lower.jpg[img]
ROYDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 12,154
Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

In general I agree with you, although I think Gaff is listed unfairly. The guy cannot throw the ball to himself the last time I looked. He has been nails when given the opportunity. I also cannot fault him for Joppru. Although I had Witten in mind when the pick was made, I don't think you can fault CC for him being injured. Kreskin he is not.

As to the rest of your lisst, I'll add Hollings, Ragone, Wand, Weary, Mckinney, Travis Johnson instead of the other Johnson, and over paying a very average Greenwood.
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
LBC_Justin
All Pro
 
LBC_Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 805
Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default

LOL you guys make me laugh.

I am not going to defend CC or Dom Capers. They are not even close to perfect.
But if they read this they would a laugh at how little you guys know about football.

You guys are a bunch of Hindsight is 20/20 guys.

You know what I should have done recently...
I should have played the PowerBall lottery and picked the numbers 13-31-36-38-49. I would have walked away with a $52 million dollar check. Then I should have placed all that money on the Titians to crush the Ravens this year. I would have over $100 millon right now. Boy am I stupid.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
ComstockLode
Veteran
 
ComstockLode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 311
Rep Power: 11 ComstockLode is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
In general I agree with you, although I think Gaff is listed unfairly. The guy cannot throw the ball to himself the last time I looked. He has been nails when given the opportunity. I also cannot fault him for Joppru. Although I had Witten in mind when the pick was made, I don't think you can fault CC for him being injured. Kreskin he is not.

As to the rest of your lisst, I'll add Hollings, Ragone, Wand, Weary, Mckinney, Travis Johnson instead of the other Johnson, and over paying a very average Greenwood.
Bullcrap, on one play on a rollout, the sack was all his.

Gaffney ran out of bounds instead of coming back to the ball. That is complete garbage.... You werent able to see it on tv, but from my seats I watch his butt run straight out of bounds while carr is trying to find a target.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,966
Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

its kinda hard to list carr as a bust considering he has no oline.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2005   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,277
Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
LOL you guys make me laugh.

I am not going to defend CC or Dom Capers. They are not even close to perfect.
But if they read this they would a laugh at how little you guys know about football.

You guys are a bunch of Hindsight is 20/20 guys.

You know what I should have done recently...
I should have played the PowerBall lottery and picked the numbers 13-31-36-38-49. I would have walked away with a $52 million dollar check. Then I should have placed all that money on the Titians to crush the Ravens this year. I would have over $100 millon right now. Boy am I stupid.
...and, what game were you watching today?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
ComstockLode
Veteran
 
ComstockLode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 311
Rep Power: 11 ComstockLode is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
its kinda hard to list carr as a bust considering he has no oline.
I think the texans ruined him. I dont think there is a single qb in this league who would have developed into a good player with the c rap we put out there.

Edit: Why is c rap censored.... lol
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #10
TMC
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right over there.....
Age: 45
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 TMC is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Jimmy
3. P-Burnt- torched today and looked terrible in week 1.
While P-Burnt is a nice nickname, after the Willie Parker TD run, I will forever know him as THE MATADOR.

He just stepped aside, waved his hand, and let the bull run by.
__________________
Lead Horse on the Steelers Welcome Wagon.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame
 
texan279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rosenberg TX
Age: 35
Posts: 5,612
Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Though our coaching staff sucks the real problem that we have is the lack of talent we have on the field. We are NOT a talented team and have gaping holes. The Texans have ONLY 3 starters from their 2002 draft while the Steelers coming off a 13-3 season have 4 despite the fact that we had higher picks and more draft picks.

This is my list of the Casserly All-Bust Team in no particular order:

1. Tony Boselli- nothing more needs to be said

2. Jason Babin- benched the second half of today's game and does NOTHING, too slow to stay back in coverage and too weak to rush the passer.

3. P-Burnt- torched today and looked terrible in week 1.

4. David Carr- Casserly ruined the career of this kid. He could have been a very good, not great QB IMO but he is shot and that is the fault of Casserly's failure to get a decent O-line or secondary receivers.

5. Jabbar Gaffney- has done nothing over his career.

6. Corey Bradford- pos loser who needs to be cut this week.

7. Charles Hill- never made the team.

8. Bennie Joppru- never even played in ONE preseason game.

I could go on but it is endless. Please add on to my list.
You act as if ever draft pick by every other NFL team turns into a Pro Bowl quality starter...And Bradford had one drop today, but also had 2 nice catch and runs, AJ had a drop or two today, like the one in the end zone, should we cut him also?
__________________
Fire It Up, Let the engines roll, It's time to burn it down
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #12
Cindy
Rookie
 
Cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0 Cindy is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Jimmy
Though our coaching staff sucks the real problem that we have is the lack of talent we have on the field. We are NOT a talented team and have gaping holes. The Texans have ONLY 3 starters from their 2002 draft while the Steelers coming off a 13-3 season have 4 despite the fact that we had higher picks and more draft picks.

This is my list of the Casserly All-Bust Team in no particular order:

1. Tony Boselli- nothing more needs to be said

2. Jason Babin- benched the second half of today's game and does NOTHING, too slow to stay back in coverage and too weak to rush the passer.

3. P-Burnt- torched today and looked terrible in week 1.

4. David Carr- Casserly ruined the career of this kid. He could have been a very good, not great QB IMO but he is shot and that is the fault of Casserly's failure to get a decent O-line or secondary receivers.

5. Jabbar Gaffney- has done nothing over his career.

6. Corey Bradford- pos loser who needs to be cut this week.

7. Charles Hill- never made the team.

8. Bennie Joppru- never even played in ONE preseason game.

I could go on but it is endless. Please add on to my list.
Remember that we had to take Boselli in order to get Payne and Walker. It was an expansion draft deal with the Jags.
Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper
 
Bubbajwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the Warehouse
Age: 26
Posts: 3,198
Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
How about reaching for Chester Pitts in the 2nd round when he was a lock to fall to the 3rd or 4th?

What about passing Willie Roaf in the expansion draft and him going to consecutive pro bowls after.

Bennie "the groin" Joppru?

Seth Wand?

The biggest Casserly bust is the entire OL he has assembled every year of this franchise's existence.
Exactly
Not to mention Romen Oben and Wally Williams while not great they are light years ahead of what we have
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #14
stevo3883
All Pro
 
stevo3883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: h-town
Age: 34
Posts: 733
Rep Power: 9 stevo3883 is ridin' the pine
Default

one thing I never get is how all these admins jump on anyone that criticizes Gaffney.

The guy was the 1st pick in the 2nd round, basically a 1st rounder, and he hasnt done ANYTHING!

some guys that were picked in the 2nd round the last few years, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, Branch, Steve Smith in the 3rd. Those guys are considered succesful picks.

Then there are guys like quincy morgan, antonio bryant, Josh Reed, Andre Caldwell.

so which group would Gaff fall into? why are we so arrogant that we cant see a guy that has flat busted?

getting open is one of the jobs of a receiver, creating seperation. Gaffney does not possess this ability, hes too small. And hes too slow to burn by guys like a steve smith.

he can catch, thats great, but thats not the makings of a great WR. TO has mediocre hands but is still the best behind only Moss.

basically these guys say "get gaffney the ball" so they want him to throw into tight coverage because jabar cant seperate when Carr looks his way.


you may disagree with me, but this is what ive seen. He just cant cut it physically, too small & slow
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #15
Bubbajwp
All Flopper
 
Bubbajwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In the Warehouse
Age: 26
Posts: 3,198
Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
one thing I never get is how all these admins jump on anyone that criticizes Gaffney.

The guy was the 1st pick in the 2nd round, basically a 1st rounder, and he hasnt done ANYTHING!

some guys that were picked in the 2nd round the last few years, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers, Branch, Steve Smith in the 3rd. Those guys are considered succesful picks.

Then there are guys like quincy morgan, antonio bryant, Josh Reed, Andre Caldwell.

so which group would Gaff fall into? why are we so arrogant that we cant see a guy that has flat busted?

getting open is one of the jobs of a receiver, creating seperation. Gaffney does not possess this ability, hes too small. And hes too slow to burn by guys like a steve smith.

he can catch, thats great, but thats not the makings of a great WR. TO has mediocre hands but is still the best behind only Moss.

basically these guys say "get gaffney the ball" so they want him to throw into tight coverage because jabar cant seperate when Carr looks his way.


you may disagree with me, but this is what ive seen. He just cant cut it physically, too small & slow
you can add Javon Walker to that list
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #16
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,044
Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Gaffney is suited to be a slot receiver not a #2 .. And yes we need a #2 WR because Bradford is as good as he is ever going to be.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #17
stevo3883
All Pro
 
stevo3883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: h-town
Age: 34
Posts: 733
Rep Power: 9 stevo3883 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Gaffney is suited to be a slot receiver not a #2 .. And yes we need a #2 WR because Bradford is as good as he is ever going to be.

And that shows how much a bust he is. the 33rd pick isnt supposed to be a serviceable #3 receiver.
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #18
LBC_Justin
All Pro
 
LBC_Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 805
Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...and, what game were you watching today?
The result of todays game does not tell me that Bennie Joppru was a bust pick. You can't predict injury.

This thread was started out of frustration of what happened on the field today not on the past draft picks. Most experts agree the Texans have done fairly well in the draft.

With that said, I would love to see us go after a big time Free Agent to protect Carr. Like say....Orlando Pace....oh that's right we did go after him.

Folks, we need a pass rush. If we had the Steelers pass rush our secondary would look like super stars. Same goes for if we had the Steelers O-line. Both of our lines suck.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #19
LoneStarState
Veteran
 
LoneStarState's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 480
Rep Power: 11 LoneStarState is a team player
Default

Casserly has lost his ability to judge talent.
__________________
Don't start none, won't be none...
LoneStarState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,293
Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Boselli was not a complete bust because the Texans where an expansion franchise and they did aquire Seth Payne & Gary Walker (at the time pro bowl caliber).

Babin has also looked good at times, although this year he seems to be getting pushed around alot, but its far to early to call him a bust yet.

Buchanan is coming real close, but lets see what type of adjustments he can make after the bye week before we completly write him off.

David Carr needs to better coaching on pocket awareness, Palmer is supposed to be an excellent QB coach, I hope it was him on the phone after some of those flush-outs/sacks. I belive this is a correctable tendancy but it does require immediate attention and the fact our RB's DONT KNOW HOW TO BLOCK.

Gaffney has been hurt alot and missed the pre-season, he made one catch that was thrown to him and looked quick and confident.

Bradford is a back-up WR only, he is starting because of injurys. I don't think he cost the Texans that much to even be considered a bust.

Joppru has been hurt. you can't really blame anyone for that, I've seen him play healthy in College and he was exactly what the Texans needed, too bad.

If you want to talk busts, there is really only one and thats Tony Hollings, he lacked enough experience at the RB position compounded by a torn ACL. his cost was the Raiders 2nd rd pick in the 2004 draft which because they had the worst record that year would have been the 33rd overall pick. the Texans wanted a RB badly and could have drafted Tatum Bell or Julius Jones. to me thats a bust :brickwall
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger