Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default We drafted TJ

We drafted Travis Johnson, who in 2 games hasnt made one tackle. We could have had DJ, who every boby wanted but no. Most people thought the DJ fans were stupid, thinking that he could never fall to us, but now I think the coaching staff is stupid for passing up opportunity when it knocked.

I personally would rather have drafted Matt Jones. He would at least start.
Old 09-18-2005   #2
platnumdelgado
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to platnumdelgado

Lets give the coaching staff a little credit for drafting. They got Davis in the 4th round and he's better than alot of first round backs in the league. D-Rob should have been defensive rookie of the year and Andre is a top 10 reciever (If they pass more to him) in the league. If Carr is protected he's very good. About Travis Johnson, It's only been two games. Let's give him a little bit more time.
platnumdelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
Fletch
Rookie

Our front office is ran by morons. Our OL has been deplorable every season, yet they make no serious additions. For that alone Cass should be canned.

We run a 3-4, where LB's are the key to your sucess and we pass on DJ, to sign a one year wonder who had character issues.

We take a FLA reciever with the first pick of the second round despite the fact that ANY goon with a clue knows Fla Wr's were propped up by Spurriers system. We could have had Clinton Portis with that pick.

Pitts, Wand, Joppru, Gafney, TJ....

What about free agency? We let our heart and soul go (Sharper and Glenn), do nothing to replace the LB's (Foreman included) except cross our fingers Babin and Peek would finally get a clue... and we get a knucklehead without a positive track record to replace an pro's pro who's been amoungst the best at his position for years.

Adios casserly...
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
platnumdelgado
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to platnumdelgado
Default Buchanon?

What do you think we should do with him? I personally want to trade him for something, maybe Aaron Glenn. I know they won't because they want more "speed" on the field. Just something, he's horrible. We got riped off in that trade.
platnumdelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
Fletch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumdelgado
Lets give the coaching staff a little credit for drafting. They got Davis in the 4th round and he's better than alot of first round backs in the league. D-Rob should have been defensive rookie of the year and Andre is a top 10 reciever (If they pass more to him) in the league. If Carr is protected he's very good. About Travis Johnson, It's only been two games. Let's give him a little bit more time.

For one, Carr is no lock to be considered a good pick. It could go either way. TJ was a moron pick from the jump.

Andre and D-rob are legit, but is battin .500 in top 15 picks really something to be proud of? Anyone who follows college ball could hit 50-50 with a pick that high.

Our second round and beyond is whats truly deplorable. And even DDavis isnt enough to overlook that fact. Gaffney, Babin, Pitts, Wand, Joppru?
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
For one, Carr is no lock to be considered a good pick. It could go either way. TJ was a moron pick from the jump.

Andre and D-rob are legit, but is battin .500 in top 15 picks really something to be proud of? Anyone who follows college ball could hit 50-50 with a pick that high.

Our second round and beyond is whats truly deplorable. And even DDavis isnt enough to overlook that fact. Gaffney, Babin, Pitts, Wand, Joppru?
Great post..very thoughtful analysis..they have done a poor job overall and have not used the good young talent properly
Old 09-18-2005   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Just for the record, Babin was a 1st rounder, Wand was taken in the 3rd.
Old 09-18-2005   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

Hopefully we draft the right person in the upcoming draft, since we will have the first pick
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
We drafted Travis Johnson, who in 2 games hasnt made one tackle.
Well, since your first sentence is wrong, let's just put everything else down as wrong as well.
Old 09-18-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We drafted Travis Johnson, who in 2 games hasnt made one tackle. We could have had DJ, who every boby wanted but no. Most people thought the DJ fans were stupid, thinking that he could never fall to us, but now I think the coaching staff is stupid for passing up opportunity when it knocked.
TJ was one of the only ones I saw getting any pressure on Ben, though I didn't watch much of the 4th quarter...It has been said on this board a million times, linemen in the 3-4 are supposed to tie up blockers, not get loads of sacks and tackles...
Old 09-18-2005   #11
mes311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcarlos
Hopefully we draft the right person in the upcoming draft, since we will have the first pick
These teams are 0-2 as well: Green Bay, Minnesota, San Diego, Arizona, and Baltimore. The only team that has really looked much better than us is San Diego.
Old 09-18-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes311
These teams are 0-2 as well: Green Bay, Minnesota, San Diego, Arizona, and Baltimore. The only team that has really looked much better than us is San Diego.
the vikes are not that hot either.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #13
Keldar
Veteran

Can we please stop the DJ worship????? The dude was an excellent college player, he has looked decent so far. I personally think he will not amount to much in the NFL, but that is my personal opinion that could end up being wrong.

Nevertheless, the endless pining over the softy is sickening!!! He does not play for us, and will not play for us during the current regime. :brickwall
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #14
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldar
Can we please stop the DJ worship????? The dude was an excellent college player, he has looked decent so far. I personally think he will not amount to much in the NFL, but that is my personal opinion that could end up being wrong.

Nevertheless, the endless pining over the softy is sickening!!! He does not play for us, and will not play for us during the current regime. :brickwall

just decent? 9 tackles a sack and a forced fumble?

You realize what the stat line was for Babin this week? 0 tackles 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles.

He has outperformed our entire LB crew in only 1 game.

AND EVERYONE SAW IT COMING
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why all the negtavity on Pitts? The guy was a 3rd round pick, and has played every offensive snap in the history of the team.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #16
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
just decent? 9 tackles a sack and a forced fumble?

You realize what the stat line was for Babin this week? 0 tackles 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles.

He has outperformed our entire LB crew in only 1 game.
I think that speaks more to how bad our guys stink, rather than DJ to Pro Bowl.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, everyone saw it coming, everyone can predict the future I guess...You guys see DJ putting up stats and now everyone is here saying "I said it all along we should have drafted DJ." I bet you wouldn't be saying this now if DJ hadn't done anything yet. Well where were all of you in the preseason when DJ had 1 tackle I think...Gimme a break, I guess all of you should be NFL GM's...Uh oh, DJ just recovered a fumble in the Chiefs game, I guess that makes him God now...
Old 09-18-2005   #18
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

DJ just recovered a fumble. Half a quarter in.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #19
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Yeah, everyone saw it coming, everyone can predict the future I guess...You guys see DJ putting up stats and now everyone is here saying "I said it all along we should have drafted DJ." I bet you wouldn't be saying this now if DJ hadn't done anything yet. Well where were all of you in the preseason when DJ had 1 tackle I think...Gimme a break, I guess all of you should be NFL GM's...
you must be kidding me, anyone that watched this guy in college knew he was a cant miss prospect.

A GREAT character guy, a leader, a physical specimen, a nose for the ball. Man what a risky pick!

If being able to recognize a talent like him is hard, then jesus they must not watch them play.
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Guess he is a lock for the Pro Bowl now...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read