Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wow. This board is on FIRE! Get a water hose...

GP

Go Texans!
So where are all the fans who crying "It's just the pre-season, it's just the pre-season, wait 'till we win and you'll have to eat your words...."

Those people are hunkered down in some basement right now.

This board has officially been torched, plundered and pillaged.

I'm glad I prepared myself for this kind of performance by the Texans. I wanted to see a close game, but I knew that it was best for our long term interests to see a good spanking today with LOTS of errors on both sides of the ball.

I think a lot of us need to stop being hopeful and just understand that our team is in for a long transition, many transitions actually, which should start in the next week or two.

I predict a head coach will either resign or get fired. Knowing Capers, he'll quietly and politely step down during the bye week. Some assistant with fire in his eyes will get promoted to fill the void (Fangio?) while we go looking for a full-time head coach, which could take all season or even most of the off-season. And, at some point along that path...we'll get a new offensive coordinator too.

Although the defense has looked almost as bad as the offense, the majority of the focus will be on the offense and will thus get the grease this year. At least McNair spent that $2 mill on the Hurricane relief effort....that's something that can be put to good use.

LBC_Justin

Rookie
gpshafer_1976 said:
So where are all the fans who crying "It's just the pre-season, it's just the pre-season, wait 'till we win and you'll have to eat your words...."

I'm glad I prepared myself for this kind of performance by the Texans. I wanted to see a close game, but I knew that it was best for our long term interests to see a good spanking today with LOTS of errors on both sides of the ball.

I think a lot of us need to stop being hopeful and just understand that our team is in for a long transition, many transitions actually, which should start in the next week or two.

I predict a head coach will either resign or get fired. Knowing Capers, he'll quietly and politely step down during the bye week. Some assistant with fire in his eyes will get promoted to fill the void (Fangio?) while we go looking for a full-time head coach, which could take all season or even most of the off-season. And, at some point along that path...we'll get a new offensive coordinator too.

Although the defense has looked almost as bad as the offense, the majority of the focus will be on the offense and will thus get the grease this year. At least McNair spent that $2 mill on the Hurricane relief effort....that's something that can be put to good use.
So you think we should of expected our team to suck this year.
And you are trying to convince the Texans' fan base to give up hope.

WOW your a heck of a fan.

Texas_Heat

Waterboy
I can see why they lost last week to the bills they scored 3 points against tampa today man that is a great team.

The texans are the worst team in the league

lvtexan

Practice Squad
Texas_Heat said:
I can see why they lost last week to the bills they scored 3 points against tampa today man that is a great team.

The texans are the worst team in the league
If they don't fire Dom Caper's, they should (at least!) bench some of their offensive line ie: Buchannon, Carr

GP

Go Texans!
"So you think we should of expected our team to suck this year.

WOW your a heck of a fan." -- LBC Justin

----------------------------------------------

You should read more of my posts and not jump to conclusions so that you can make YOURSELF into some "super fan" while painting me as a villain.

Wise up.

On Sundays, I usually believe we can win the game....no matter the opponent or our injuries, or our previous game's outcome. I look forward to watching, even if we lose and I think we should have won. The close losses or the dumb losses don;t affect me much. I'm in it for the long haul, as any fan should be.

But after the off-season moves, the dumb cuts of Swinton and Thomas, and the horrid preseason playcalling and execution...it became pretty obvious during the Bills game that Capers has lost touch with this team.

It just shows, LBC Justin. You can see it, too.

So...why build one's self up this morning and think to yourself: "OK. This is where we turn it around and get it back 1-1..."?

Doing that just crushes a person's day. This morning, I didn;t wake up and have that same feeling that I always have. And that's OK. And I enjoyed taking my girl to the park this morning without even thinking twice about the game that was coming up in an hour or so, enjoying spending the majority of the day with HER knowing that there was about a 99.9% chance that any false hopes I put on our team would probably be dashed in about the first 10 minutes of the game.

And I was right.

Doesn't make me a bad guy, LBC Justin. Just a SMART guy to value other things more than this Texans team that needs a whole lot of rebuilding, which will take more time than just a few games to accomplish.

So I suggest to anybody who has any sanity left right now to just put down the torch, watch what happens, enjoy OTHER things in life instead of letting this consume you. I am preaching to myself right now because it would be easy for me to just stay on here all day and rant and rave.

We're all fans, bro. We're all fans.

We'll turn it around, but not until some things come together. Until then, it's useless for any of us to use this board as a launching pad for our frustration. I'm doing it now, but I'll likely stop. I'd been doing it for so long these past few weeks, that there's no need to further convince anybody that we need a new coach, etc. The writing is on the wall. Time to wait and see how long it takes McNair to see it and act on it. THAT, I cannot control by tyoing any more comments about this team's spiral downward.

Out.

LBC_Justin

Rookie
gpshafer_1976 said:
"So you think we should of expected our team to suck this year.

WOW your a heck of a fan." -- LBC Justin

----------------------------------------------

You should read more of my posts and not jump to conclusions so that you can make YOURSELF into some "super fan" while painting me as a villain.

Wise up.

On Sundays, I usually believe we can win the game....no matter the opponent or our injuries, or our previous game's outcome. I look forward to watching, even if we lose and I think we should have won. The close losses or the dumb losses don;t affect me much. I'm in it for the long haul, as any fan should be.

But after the off-season moves, the dumb cuts of Swinton and Thomas, and the horrid preseason playcalling and execution...it became pretty obvious during the Bills game that Capers has lost touch with this team.

It just shows, LBC Justin. You can see it, too.

So...why build one's self up this morning and think to yourself: "OK. This is where we turn it around and get it back 1-1..."?

Doing that just crushes a person's day. This morning, I didn;t wake up and have that same feeling that I always have. And that's OK. And I enjoyed taking my girl to the park this morning without even thinking twice about the game that was coming up in an hour or so, enjoying spending the majority of the day with HER knowing that there was about a 99.9% chance that any false hopes I put on our team would probably be dashed in about the first 10 minutes of the game.

And I was right.

Doesn't make me a bad guy, LBC Justin. Just a SMART guy to value other things more than this Texans team that needs a whole lot of rebuilding, which will take more time than just a few games to accomplish.

So I suggest to anybody who has any sanity left right now to just put down the torch, watch what happens, enjoy OTHER things in life instead of letting this consume you. I am preaching to myself right now because it would be easy for me to just stay on here all day and rant and rave.

We're all fans, bro. We're all fans.

We'll turn it around, but not until some things come together. Until then, it's useless for any of us to use this board as a launching pad for our frustration. I'm doing it now, but I'll likely stop. I'd been doing it for so long these past few weeks, that there's no need to further convince anybody that we need a new coach, etc. The writing is on the wall. Time to wait and see how long it takes McNair to see it and act on it. THAT, I cannot control by tyoing any more comments about this team's spiral downward.

Out.
I have been reading your posts for over a month now. You have been very negative on a lot of issues before the season even started. Maybe you have just been venting to make yourself feel better but every time I read one of your posts I feel worse about my team. Not only do you forcast Doom & Gloom but you then rub it in everyone's faces to make us all feel even worse. At times it seems like you have wanted the Texans to fail just so you would be right, that is the perception (probably not the reality). After reading your above post I can see you are a true fan and want the best for the Texans but you have a hell of a way of expressing it.

As far as people letting the results of the Texans consume them. I can only speak for myself, I have never had a problem getting excessively emotionally involved, i realize I am just an observer and have no control over the outcome so I don't stress about it (that is one of the reasons I enjoy watching football it actually relaxes me). My sense of self, or my personal identity is not defined by this teams success. I can be a fan, I can be a POSITIVE fan, and not stress about us winning or losing. Yes I want the Texans to win but it isn't the end of the world if they don't.

With that said for the most part if I see the big "DD" Avatar I am going to not read the post. I come to this forum to enjoy myself and satisfy my craving for info on my favorite team the Houston Texans. Living in Socal I get no info on them.

well get the Bengals in two weeks!!! :texflag: :texflag:

tuxedo said:
overall, Texans looked good. Casserly just needs new ol and extension of his contract.
What game were you watching? And how will extending Cass's contract this year help anything? I don't think he's earned it.

Hottoddie

Veteran
gpshafer_1976 said:

The team is struggling right now & I'm sure that every fan is frustrated with the lack of heart being shown by the team thus far. However, they did show a little spark today, & because I'm tired of reading the constant sewage that spews from your mouth, I'd like to congratulate you on being the first to make my ignore list. I'll not be reading your **** anymore.

CONGRATULATIONS gpshafer_1976!

gpshafer_1976 said:

Huge respect to you for a well thought out and HONEST assessment of the team..I have posted the same but homers just say I was hatin..the fact is that the Texans are in bad shape right now from top to bottom..and the homers will not take their medicine..to much pride as the bury their heads in the sand..huge respect to you for being honest even though it sucks