Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What's the problem & how do we fix it?

Capers. Fire him now and cut our losses. Make Hoke an interim hc and evaluate what to do at the end of the season.

Exactly what I posted in my thread (...Board is on FIRE!).

Fangio or Hoke. Then wait 'till off-season to make a move.

That gives us a chance at a high first round draft pick (which Casserly will trade away for a reach) and then we can maybe pick up a good coach that had to get dumped due to a bad environment (Holmgren? etc.).

No need to jump the gun and get "our new coach" too early and lock us out of contention for a better head coach down the line.

Erratic Assassin said:
Is it the players? If it is, how do we fix it?

Is it the coach? If so, which one?

Its Carr Capers and Palmer we get rid of those clown and were back on the right track.

The announcers bashed us all day about running our 3 tight end set. We move the ball when we spread the field, running lanes open up, yet we keep trying our 3 tight end set where nothing happens. Davis isn't a big bruiser, our tight ends aren't good, and our o-line sucks so why do we keep trying to pound the ball. The announcer also said he has seen Carr look off receivers and make the right reads when he has time, but "that's a rare occurence". What's up w/ our receivers they can't get open. Several times in the 2nd half we'd throw w/ a 3 receiver set pick up a good gain then go back to the 3 tight end set and kill the drive. I don't know what in the hell is going on

I think thats Capers play calling, cause it sure doesnt seem like palmer, Capers is just too conservative, he is just a bad coach :goodnight

We lost this game to a very good team - one that was built through the draft and developing talent interanlly.

Bottom line - We can't afford any more bad personnel moves by Casserly (P Buc, etc). He is trying to pull crazy trades off with the wealth of picks the Texans used to have in the bank. He either thought they were prudent moves or he is just tryiing something out of the box to make a name for himself. Don't know which is worse....

poor play calling, too conservative until its too late. no offensive line, no tight end. no second wide out.

until our offense fixes at least one or two of these problems we can't honestly know how good carr is.

:texflag: To answer the original question, you're not going to fix this quick. You got casual football fans hitting all around it. Capers is too slow or too stuborn to adjust his game plan to fit the personel he has. We can not play smash mouth football. Particularly against the Pittsburg Stellers. The o is at it's best in four wides formations. The reason it is at it's best is because we have the three surest recievers on the feild at that time, AJ,DD, and Armstrong. We spread the d out and can ran a draw with DD. Which apears, with this group of lineman to be the only sure running play we have in the playbook. Capers will not adjust. It got him run in Carolina, and it will get him run here too. We're going to line up with the fullback and tightend and play smash mouth football untill we win one or we're 0-8. The coaching staff and scouts have missed on too many players. Week four we got Cinci comming to town. You think this offense was good, wait till the circus comes to town. Maybe the line will jell by then and we can run enough against Cinci to keep them from scoring 50. If Big Ben with a gimpy knee can look like Johnny U. against this pass rush, I shudder to think what Carson is going to do to us.

Wow, to answer EA's question...I don't know where to start.

What's wrong? My keyboard would be busted. I will just make it easy and say everything. In short order - Bad Trades, bad drafting, bad coaching, bad personell, bad play, bad playcalling, bad schemes, bad everything. Too top it off, the team looks defeated, and seems to have given up in the second game.

What's right?

How to fix it? Fire Casserly, Capers, Fangio, Palmer, and the scouts. Bring in an entire new staff in. Pretend it's 2002 and start over. Folks, this current group CANNOT get it done. The only choice is to start over from scratch.

I see that some of you are looking at the head coach to be hung upside down the hair on his toes, but personally I don't look at Capers as being a bad coach. I have never cared for offensive cord. but Capers is more of a definsive coach anyway the problem that I see more than anything is not the talent, not weather the head coach is or isn't capibable of contending for a playoff birth, but the whole staff's ability to motivate. All die-hard Texans fans have seen a Texans group that knew how to win. Players that motivate each other by there strong leadership. But now, the veteran leadership is down to 2. Coleman and Wong are the only proven sources of strong leadership. And when you have a coach like Parcells motivation is not a problem. But when you have an offensive cordinator that when its 4th quarter with four min. to go down by 2 scores on a very important drive and he opts to run not only on 1st but 2nd down and puts Carr in a 3rd and long with the clock still running; not to mention the fact that he can't even pick these bad calls fast enough so we wind up getting delay of game peneltys twice a drive. And to me thats where the lack of motivation comes in. Because the whole times the Texans are letting the game go or even get out of control the OC is up in the air conditioned booth leaning his face on his fist as calm as can be. And to me if your play caller isn't conserned, ever, then why would the players react positively to his commands. All in all if the franchise is concernd about getting to the playoffs then they need to buy out Palmer's contract eat the penalty and bring in a less concervitive OC a new WR coach that can make the most out of the WR talent we already have a new QB coach to calm Carr down a little bit and hire a freakin coach whos only responsiblity is to motivate the players untill they eat sleep practice and play every down like its 4th quarter 4th and goal with the playoffs on the line. :texflag: :yahoo: :texflag:

Back