Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You will see a coach fired this week.

stevo3883

Rookie
Tankhead said:
I wanna know why PBuch is on Ward? Is not Drob our #1 cover guy and Ward their #1 receiver?

that would involve changing our super-sound defensive strategy.

No reason to fix something that aint broke, right? :confused:

Elite

Waterboy
i rather have tom moore next year so he can groom Matt Lionheart to be a great QB we are drafting Matt Lionheart right. :jumpbanan

TejasSammy

Practice Squad
Please Mr. McNair find a motivated head coach who is passionate about the game and can get the most out of the players he has to work with!! :texflag:

pearland

Practice Squad
TejasSammy said:
Please Mr. McNair find a motivated head coach who is passionate about the game and can get the most out of the players he has to work with!! :texflag:
I have to agree with this comment. It seems that Capers has lost control of the team and / or the players have lost faith in Capers. Once this occurs to any coach at any level, the coach is done/finished. Over time, the coach can try to reclaim control or respect from his palyers, but it will never completely happen. This negative attitude eats on a team like a bad cancer.

The players do not seem happy to be playing for the current organization. What triggered this loss of pride? I am not sure. Offseason moves? Not addressing the team needs on the O-Line? Cutting team leaders liek Glenn and Sharper? Trading to get Buchanon who is known for being a poor teammate?

gtexan02

Working?
Wouldn't that be fun? We can't get much worse. The attendance is going to go down, so why don't they auction off each game and allow the winner to call all the plays and coach the team for a week. Could be a good publicity stunt.

R

rjohn111

Fire Capers and everyone he hired. Unbelievably, the Texans seems to be worse this year than last.

This is, in my opinion, a pathetically coached team!! :brickwall

I say the fans need to initiate a change, OC, OL coach, HC I really don't care but something needs to change!!!

tsip

Veteran
...down by 3 touchdowns midway thru 3rd qtr, still running the ball and eating up the clock :brickwall

PapaL

Loose Screw
Mike Martz anyone? From one end of the spectrum to the other, lol. Seriously though, we need a leader - someone that the players will fear and love.

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
The worst part of this situation is its not just fire 1 guy. I believe everyone on the caoching staff has to go. I don't believe there is 1 facet of the game that we can look at that doesn't need fixing. These coaches are so intertwined than you can not remove 1 and fix the problem. I don't think I have ever seen anything this bad. Unfortunately most of the options are just as bad. By the way even though I have metioned Johnson's name I don't think he's the solution either.

TejasSammy

Practice Squad
Capers has lost control of this team! The thread with the quotes from players in the last week seems to be correct and nothing but change will correct the problems and motivate this team. We need one system with a coach that preaches that sytem and not multiple ideas translated into confusion during the game. I still love my texans :texflag: just not the direction in which they are led!!!

Buzz

Waterboy
I've lost whatever respect and optimism about our HC that I had. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I now feel he's lost control and can't right the ship, so to speak. I'd be happy to see him gone sometime soon.
Having said that, even though a lot of people have bashed our OC and want to see him out the door along with Capers, I think he has to at least get a chance to run the team for the rest of the season if possible, because the players seem to have some confidence in him, and agree with what he wants to do.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Ibar_Harry said:
The worst part of this situation is its not just fire 1 guy. I believe everyone on the caoching staff has to go. I don't believe there is 1 facet of the game that we can look at that doesn't need fixing. These coaches are so intertwined than you can not remove 1 and fix the problem. I don't think I have ever seen anything this bad. Unfortunately most of the options are just as bad. By the way even though I have metioned Johnson's name I don't think he's the solution either.
Anyone remember.... Bones Taylor....Bill Peterson......Hugh Campbell. :loser

I had season tickets to watch two Oiler teams go 1-13. Either of those teams could beat this Texan team. Beat Tennessee? Hell we couldn't beat SF. I would be more upset but I decided to do other things this morning instead of watching the game. I knew what was coming and didn't need the aggravation of watching this farce of a team. Mr McNair is spending a lot of time and effort to bring the super bowl back to Houston, maybe he should spend a little time and effort to get Houston to the super bowl. :pigfly:

cac: :coffee:

crazy4u310

Practice Squad
I agree Palmer needs to go...he is the worst offensive coordinator ever. Capers cant be blamed for having someone like Palmer..aslo leave Carr alone...poor guys has to run for his life everytime he gets the ball. He has to make all the plays all the time.

:brickwall
:texflag:

HardCoreTxn

Waterboy
ROYDESTROY said:
you guys would be wise to can these incompetent coaches..they are really destroying your team....baddd
I agree 100%...loads of talent, no direction whatsoever. :brickwall

Fire Palmer, get rid of Buchanon!

HardCoreTxn said:
I agree 100%...loads of talent, no direction whatsoever. :brickwall

Fire Palmer, get rid of Buchanon!
yep..you have some great talent in certain places but your coaches do not use them right and have hindered their development ..can them all if you are wise