Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2004   #1
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.
Default Does anyone think D. Davis or A. Johnson can make the Pro Bowl This Year?

I know it's too early for predictions but I think Andre will for sure, if he improves on last year make the Pro Bowl. Dom has a harder chance since there are so many good running backs. Also, how many yards do you think each will gain this season if both stay healthy? Myself, I think Davis will rush for somewhere between 1300 to 1500 yards and the same goes for AJ. What does everyone else think?
O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be way cool if it happens. I just found out I have a friend who has an uncle who owns a condo and rents it out. I plan on trying to go there in feb and take in the game also.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think AJ has a solid CHANCE to make the Pro Bowl. If he puts up 80+ catches and 1200 yards it would be hard to keep him out. Naturally that is dependent on how the team fares overall. Pro Bowlers tend to come from winning teams. However, DD has little chance for the reason given. To many other good backs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #4
LB Love
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to LB Love

I think AJ has a much better chance than DD. IMO the AFC is just way to stacked at RB for DD to make it. Tomlinson, Holmes, James, Taylor, etc.
Old 07-15-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want AJ to have more TDs this season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

If Davis & Johnson have great years, sure they can make the Pro Bowl. They're both capable, but the odds seem to favor AJ rather than DD because of the competition each face.

Last years AFC Pro Bowl RBs (Lewis, Holmes, & Portis) averaged almost 1700 yards & over 18 TDs. That's not even including Tomlinson who had over 2300 yards total offense. Plus, there's good RBs like Fred Taylor, Shaun Alexander, Ricky Williams, etc. that watched the game on TV. Domanick should be in the mix, but the competition for a RB in the AFC is brutal.

Last years AFC Pro Bowl WRs (Harrison, Chad Johnson, Mason, & Ward) averaged around 90+ catches, 1200 yards & 10 TDs. Good numbers, but nothing that Andre isn't capable of. There are other good AFC WRs as well such as Santana Moss, Seattle's Jackson and Robinson, and Miami's new combo of Chambers & Boston. But taking note of his clear #1 WR status and talent, and I like AJ's ceiling more than most of these guys.

When 2 players stats are close, the Pro Bowl bid usually goes to the guy on the winning team. When the Texans begin to win consistently, AJ & DD will be routine visitors to Hawaii. Who knows, maybe this season is the beginning of that trend.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #7
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think they can make it. They have the talent. It would be a little easier for AJ than DD. If DD is getting all the holes he is talking about, he could make a run for the pro bowl. I think it will be Sharpers year more than anyone.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-15-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

a lot of sports writers think AJ can be a regular at the Pro Bowl and I think he could start his regular trips this year, but it will be near impossible for DD. If LT couldnt get into it last year with his #s, DD would have to have that 2000 yard season...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #9
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Im sorry, and maybe im just beligerent, but i think that i can honestly say that Domanick Davis is clearly much better than Edgerrin James. Thats just my opinion.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
Im sorry, and maybe im just beligerent, but i think that i can honestly say that Domanick Davis is clearly much better than Edgerrin James. Thats just my opinion.
You could make a case that DD is better then Edge, but the one thing that is certain is that DD and Edge are both behind Fred Taylor in this division...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 07-15-2004   #11
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Yes but you must remember the title "Fragile Fred". He is know for naggin injuries that take away his will to take a pounding and his will to drive for those yards after contact. And isnt Taylor gettin up there in age as well? Somewhere around 28? MAybe not but, I think he will also lose carries because of the new duo in Jacksonville of Leftwich and Reggie Williams.
Old 07-15-2004   #12
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes but you must remember the title "Fragile Fred"
And last year he didnt miss a game

Old 07-15-2004   #13
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

right but its a new year. And something could happen. Im not trying to argue but i think that i would have SOME followers if i said Domanick Davis is the best running back in this confrence right now.
Old 07-15-2004   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis isn't even the best back in the division. Fred Taylor and Edge James are better backs. Dom will be fine, but he is not pro-bowler at this point.

Also, take a close look at the man you call fragile. He is a beast. He is Willis McGahee in size, strength, and speed; except he has proven himself on the field. Taylor hasn't been injured in a couple of seasons.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #15
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

SORRY! i didnt mean confrence! I meant division. MY BAD! Domanick Davis Is much better than Edgerrin James. Maybe not Fred but is Better than Edge.
Old 07-15-2004   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
Also, take a close look at the man you call fragile. He is a beast. He is Willis McGahee in size, strength, and speed; except he has proven himself on the field. Taylor hasn't been injured in a couple of seasons.
He'll always be "Fragile Freddy" to me. FF players who had Fred on their team during his bad hammy days will never forget, never forgive.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #17
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

And the top three injuries to get over in football are...
1. Torn ACL
2. Torn Rotator Cuff
3. Torn or Strained Hamstring
Old 07-15-2004   #18
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004   #19
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

oh, and "Mr. V", about Willis McGahee, nobody knows if he has the speed or strength he had at UM. His Knee hasnt been at full strength, and he hasnt been able to lift weights. He hasn't even been on a Pro Field in pads. And about Fred, his age is becoming a factor, and so is the increased touchesand hits he recieved last season. And now, he will be sharing carries with LaBrandon Toefield and Greg Jones. Greg Jones is the Starter in two seasons. Freds production will decrease while his expendability will increase. Niether of us can predict the weather so we will just have to watch and see.

Last edited by Beastlyman2003; 07-15-2004 at 12:56 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 07-15-2004   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm comparing their body-type, um... "Mr Beast", not their production. They are both elite body-types for their position much like AJ is for the WR slot. Out of the RB position they probably have the most ideal size/speed ratios.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read