Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2005   #1
Mongoose
Rookie

Default Win or lose...

Hey, folks.

I'm a Steelers fan, hanging around for the week. I like to get a feel for what the fans on the other side are thinking and saying.

I just wanted to say that I'm impressed with the fans on this board. You guys know your football, you're polite, and most of you actually write in complete sentences with punctuation!

At present, the Steelers.com board is overrun with pinheads. Many of the more knowledgeable (and literate) posters have fled to other sites, abandoning the official site to a large troupe of gibbons with Terrible Towels.

I suppose part of this might be attributable to the absence of bandwagon fans for the time being. Last year's season in Pittsburgh got the attention of a lot of goofballs, apparently.

Anyway, I appreciate the hospitality, the intelligence, and the humor on this board. I hope things start looking up for your team soon, starting Monday.

Mongoose
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #2
neohiobill

Cool

greetings fellow steelers fan,, i too can agree that there are alot of pin heads on our own message boards and i have been visiting the sites of all steelers opponants to read and see what type of fans are out there. i have to agree the texans fans seem to be a good bunch. although i don't feel they can beat us this weekend but they are a good team in the making. help out thatoffensive line of theirs and i thuink they can compete with anyone. the titans fans i give a c- for a grade the texans to this point i would give a b+. good luck to all and go steelers,,,
Old 09-17-2005   #3
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

We have become a haven for fleeing fans of opponents boards lately. LOL!
I totally understand why the good posters leave boards when they degrade into smack fests. Smack is good and fun, in it's proper place and time. It is all about mindset.

Good luck Sunday, while I do hope my Texans make mincemeat out of your Steelers, I will be happy if we just don't embarass ourselves. Again. But...we are dangerous, you just never know who is taking the field. We schooled you before, and can do it again.
24-6 can live again. It is attainable.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the Texans forums. Kick your feet up and try the dip...it's fresh!

The only way to run a clean forum is to have lots of moderators that aren't scared to police it and enforce rules. The admin and mods here do an excellent job, so we have a fantastic place to talk football.

Here's to hoping your team shoots itself in the foot tomorrow and my team plays their best game ever!
Old 09-17-2005   #5
Diehardtexan
Veteran

We always welcome true and knowledgeable fans of other teams. I have to give it to our Mods (Vinny and the Crew) for keeping this board from getting out of hand...Your team is scaring me but If the Texans that we expected this year show up you will have your hand full..you might even get out of here 1-1.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I can say this. It's gonna be hot. 95 for the high for Sunday, 105 heat index. That's if the roof stays open.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

gotta love that texas heat i do.....so should they !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
gotta love that texas heat i do.....so should they !!!!!
It looks pretty nasty, all right. Of course, I'm not sure the Texans defense will be loving that heat the 43rd time Pittsburgh rushes tomorrow.

I'm looking for Pittsburgh to throw about 38 minutes of drive blocking at the Texans front seven. Better them than me. My pasty, delicate skin doesn't do so well in all that direct sunlight.

Mongoose
Old 09-18-2005   #10
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
We have become a haven for fleeing fans of opponents boards lately. LOL!
I totally understand why the good posters leave boards when they degrade into smack fests. Smack is good and fun, in it's proper place and time. It is all about mindset.
It's not really the smack so much. It's more the pinheads who think that their Madden experience qualifies them to rant about the Steelers playcalling strategies. And the people who think that expressing the obvious, only in a much more emotional and childish fashion, adds something to a conversation. I've got kids if I want irrational.

Anyway, if you're looking for another harmonic convergence game like the last time these teams met, you're probably going to be disappointed. Different offensive and defensive coordinators, for starters. Mike Mularkey is gone now (maybe he'll work out in Buffalo, but he was toxic in Pittsburgh), so the offense will not be suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder.

If the Texans are going to be in the game, they're going to have to get angry, man up, and meet the Steelers hit for hit. I expect them to play tough tomorrow. They're going to want show something after last week. I don't think they'll win, and I think that Pittsburgh will probably dictate terms for the most part, but I think Pittsburgh feels this game until Thursday.

Mongoose
Old 09-18-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board Mongoose, hope there are no injuries tomorrow, and hope you guys don't crush us too bad...
Old 09-18-2005   #12
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Welcome to the board Mongoose, hope there are no injuries tomorrow, and hope you guys don't crush us too bad...
Ditto on the injuries. Pittsburgh doesn't run up the score, so it probably won't be a blowout on the scoreboard, even if Pittsburgh gets up early. The bad news is that they run and run and run until opposing linebackers start thinking about a career change when they get a lead. Pittsburgh can get pretty demoralizing that way.

The Steelers are still working on a lot in their game. The passing game is not stable yet, and Roethlisberger is still learning to read defenses and check down. Luckily for him, the rushing game is usually pretty hard to stop, so there's typically less pressure on the passing game.

The secondary is still trying to find itself as well, and Pittsburgh's 4-man pass rush is not particularly effective. Pittsburgh blitzes a lot because that's often their only chance at getting near a quarterback.

Main priority for Houston is getting up on the Pittsburgh rushing game and getting it off to a slow start.

Mongoose

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read