Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2005   #21
Dime
Hall of Fame

Believe it or not, I believe we are going to win this game.. Dunta will have his first INT and so will PBuc with one of them taking it to the house. Right now, the perception is that we are horrible right now. That might be true, but we can use that against a team who does not think we are on track. We will win this game. Btw, I think we will only have one TD from the offense, but also a TD from the Defense and quite a few jems from our field goal king.

Pittsburg: 14
Houston: 23

So say we all
Old 09-16-2005   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
I will refuse to jump on the band wagon and say that our entire team played without passion. If you saw the look on David Carrs face as he was running for his life, after countless missed blocks - that was passion.
The look I remember was when DC fumbled and just stood there...the ball rolling around...as he did nothing...almost like he just didn't want to jump into that dogpile...it was, to say the least, a bit disappointing as a fan to watch his lack of commitment to protecting that ball. He looked lost, really.

And the George Michael blast...ummmm...*cough**cough*...you might want to update that...I think someone like Limp Bizkit redid the song...still lame, IMO, but maybe more hip to the times.
Old 09-16-2005   #23
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Believe it or not, I believe we are going to win this game.. Dunta will have his first INT and so will PBuc with one of them taking it to the house. Right now, the perception is that we are horrible right now. That might be true, but we can use that against a team who does not think we are on track. We will win this game. Btw, I think we will only have one TD from the offense, but also a TD from the Defense and quite a few jems from our field goal king.

So say we all
I'm not sure you'll win, but I agree that there's a certain element of surprise that the Texans are bringing into this game. The Steelers were hyped up for their opener. Every team is, but a week 2 matchup against a perceived-to-be-weak team might be enough to catch them emotionally and mentally unprepared. Right about now they may be looking at the Texans and saying "this should be a cakewalk. Our backups beat up on the Bills last year and the Bills crushed the Texans, so we should steamroll them"...But if the Texans come ready to play, it won't be that easy, and they could catch the Steelers napping.

I personally don't think the Texans are as bad as you all think. I think last week was more evidence of how good the Bills may be than how bad the Texans may be. For both our teams' sakes I hope I'm right.
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #24
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bills Fan
I'm not sure you'll win, but I agree that there's a certain element of surprise that the Texans are bringing into this game. The Steelers were hyped up for their opener. Every team is, but a week 2 matchup against a perceived-to-be-weak team might be enough to catch them emotionally and mentally unprepared. Right about now they may be looking at the Texans and saying "this should be a cakewalk. Our backups beat up on the Bills last year and the Bills crushed the Texans, so we should steamroll them"...But if the Texans come ready to play, it won't be that easy, and they could catch the Steelers napping.

I personally don't think the Texans are as bad as you all think. I think last week was more evidence of how good the Bills may be than how bad the Texans may be. For both our teams' sakes I hope I'm right.
If the Texans win, it won't be because the Steelers are caught looking the other way. The Steelers have a LOT to work on right now, and they know it. They beat up on the Titans, but the Titans handed over a lot of plays, too. There were some bright spots, like Willie Parker, but the team (and the coaching staff) don't seem to be real complacent right now.

The Texans are not facing a team ready to take the weekend off. The Steelers are working hard on improving their game, and they will most likely be eager to compete. Sorry, but it's too early in the year for a trap game. The Steelers are still dealing with angry coaches.

I think the Texans will want to get some pride back after last week, though, and the Steelers will be playing against a motivated team on Sunday.

Mongoose
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #25
pebblescds
Rookie

Exclamation writings on the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
yeah, what's up with that?! Shouldn't the Colts be playing these teams at the beginning of their season!?

But good post. It does seem like one of the more demoralizing losses for fans...coming out of the gate flat and looking like a first year expansion team.

However, like you said, it's only one game, and it's not like we can't rebound. So I agree with you...at least until Monday (and that depends on how they play Sunday )
I'm sorry I don't agree, if we were a team that had ever been over .500 I'd say yeah, its only one game. But we have never tasted real success or any level of consistency, unless you're gonna count winning one, losing one, or coming back at the end only to lose anyway, I guess techincally thats counts as a level of mundane consistency. Optimism is great, but not in this case, this raises a big loud alarm to those paying attention, Andre Johnson and David Carr. They are downright livid, frustrated, angry, and worried as they should be. A team that will make progress doesn't come out and lay an egg like that, and its not that they lost. Its that they didnt compete and looked unprepared and totally confused. I was most concerned with the play selection and offensive line play, it was atrocious. I would bet any of us playing Madden would've called a better game for them. Nothing has changed and the coaching staff isn't even on the same page with one another ie. off.coord. and head coach. If Dom wants to protect his job, and not "lose his players" he better strap on the headset on offense and call some dang on plays himself, because I see another 35-10 drubbing of the Texans on Sunday courtesy of the Steelers. Chris Palmer needs his head examined for blindness since he can't see the defense blizting his QB every down while he calls 7 step drops for 40 yard plays. I hope he gets stuck in traffic on Sunday... oh yes...I went there.
pebblescds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005   #26
pebblescds
Rookie

[quote=Dime]Believe it or not, I believe we are going to win this game.. Dunta will have his first INT and so will PBuc with one of them taking it to the house. Right now, the perception is that we are horrible right now. That might be true, but we can use that against a team who does not think we are on track. We will win this game. Btw, I think we will only have one TD from the offense, but also a TD from the Defense and quite a few jems from our field goal king.

I admire your optimism almost like the grandmother who plays the same lottery numbers every week, then watches the raffel turn to see if (when) shes won. NO WAY, not even a remote chance of a victory sorry guys. Bill Cohwer prepares his players, our coaches DO NOT. We may play more competitively and I use that term losely, but we won't have a frog hairs chance of actually winning. Carr is unsure of himself now, Dre and the other receivers are breaking off their routes or just not running them correctly at all, and there are no running holes. They've said since LAST NOVEMEBER mind you, that they were gonna 'make some changes, move guys around, take some shots, blitz more, be more aggressive' any of that sound familiar, it should since you heard it all last year, and now you're hearing it again. Nothing will change until something changes, and that will have to come from the front office or the owner. Heads have to roll when a team lays down for five games straight. And yes you count the pre season because you're evaluting your team, not on wins and losses, but style/play/ consistency. You may as well get used to the idea that this team/organization will not improve until some young blood coach injects it into the system. You notice all the younger coaches are getting effort outta their players??? They may not win the superbowl but they're out there playin/competing/laying it out there JAGUARS ANYONE? FALCONS? LIONS, Lions??? I am one of the few people who actually thinks the team isn't losing only because of DCarr IMO, its more complex than just him. The system has to support its QB, this one doesn't.
Old 09-17-2005   #27
pebblescds
Rookie

Default I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal
I seem to remember the Texans looking a little slow and out of sync the first couple of games last year. I don't have them recorded, so I can't double check.
If so, I expect them to get it together by game 3.
Maybe a bye in week 3 ain't such bad a thing after all.
I will eat my own words if thats the case, though I won't clear my plate just yet. I hope the coaches get it together, I hope the o-line plays better, I hope the defense get one sack, a pick, and a forced fumble, I pray that David has a 2 TD, no INT game w/ Dominick rushing for over a hundred yards and 1 TD, but I DON'T THINK SO.... maybe it will happen, I hope it does.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2005   #28
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

lol at the topic.

are we 0-1 or 0-6
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005   #29
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

lol Look a kitty kat troll!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read