Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #1
CurtainofHurtin
Rookie

Default Big Ben Downgraded

For all interested:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/4978743/detail.html
CurtainofHurtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

bone bruise in his knee, 'eh?

ummm...happen to know which leg?

(j/k, man, I never wish injury to any player)
Old 09-15-2005   #3
CurtainofHurtin
Rookie

Ha. Actually he had a brace on his right leg while riding the stationary bike yesterday at practice. In retrospect, maybe not a good idea but time will tell.
Old 09-15-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I just heard that we should expect Tommy Maddux to start against us....we should know for sure this evening.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate to see a player hurt but this might bode well for the Texans. i so hope he gets better though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone truly believe this????!!!! They just want the Texans to spend time studying Maddox instead of Burgerboy!! They don't think the Texans are a threat at all, so they are already pulling out their second string.

On the Steelers website they are planning to play Burgerboy! At least as of two hours ago.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #7
CurtainofHurtin
Rookie

Idealy it wouldn't matter who was in at QB. If the Steeler game plan goes at it should whomever is in will throw less than 15 passes and there will be a heck of allot of running. That said, sometimes things don't go as plan. Ben may or may not play but he was limping around the practice field today with the limited snaps he did take. The Steelers are not taking you guys lightly. Not after last time;add to that another dissipointing post season and I think you will agree they aren't in the position to take anyone lightly. Should be a good game but if the Steeler's have to depend on throwing for a win, they've already lost.
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

unless they throw at pbuc.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maddox or Rothlisbuerger? Texans like those immobile type of QBs, it's the only way we can get pressure on a QB.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

another blow to my fantasy team...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #11
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Maddox or Rothlisbuerger? Texans like those immobile type of QBs, it's the only way we can get pressure on a QB.
Roethlisberger immobile???? never saw him play huh??
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #12
SPRBWL
Rookie

Default Big Ben

Just heard on FSN that Ben is questionable this weekend.

Don't know how much of a difference it will make though...Tommy Maddox amy get the nod.

Even so...I hope we come out ready to play with some attitude!
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #13
Jester
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRBWL
Just heard on FSN that Ben is questionable this weekend.

Don't know how much of a difference it will make though...Tommy Maddox amy get the nod.

Even so...I hope we come out ready to play with some attitude!
I saw this and hope that it inspires the defense. Like you mentioned, it would be great if they came out and played with some attitude.
Old 09-15-2005   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86
Roethlisberger immobile???? never saw him play huh??
I think he was refering to the brace on the right leg. It sort of slows people down from time to time.
Old 09-15-2005   #15
Mongoose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
I think he was refering to the brace on the right leg. It sort of slows people down from time to time.
If he's hurting enough that he can't run effectively, I think he's benched. Running is an important part of his game, especially at this stage in his development.

Mongoose
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
If he's hurting enough that he can't run effectively, I think he's benched. Running is an important part of his game, especially at this stage in his development.

Mongoose
Maybe they should call him "Big Bend".
Old 09-16-2005   #17
CoolieMan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I certainly hope Roth is OK, but I also hope he doesn't play. Maddox is more prone to throw the ball over his WRs heads, and we have a winning record against him...so hopefully it's Maddox. I'm not even worried about their offense. I'm more worried about their D.
You are not worried about the offense that put up over 200 yards rushing with the 3rd and 4th string RBs playing?
CoolieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolieMan
.. You are not worried about the offense that put up over 200 yards rushing with the 3rd and 4th string RBs playing?
Really, I think I would be more worried about Parker right now than the starting QB.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #19
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc

What brace??? He had a compression bandage on for one day. He bruised his knee, he didn't have surgery.
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86
What brace??? He had a compression bandage on for one day. He bruised his knee, he didn't have surgery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtainofHurtin
Ha. Actually he had a brace on his right leg while riding the stationary bike yesterday at practice. In retrospect, maybe not a good idea but time will tell.
The brace he was seen wearing while riding a stationary bike; as reported by one of your fellow Steeler Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read