Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2005   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

hoke would be a good coach i think. he seems very animated.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #22
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
hoke would be a good coach i think. he seems very animated.
Donald Duck is animated as well. Maybe he'd be a good coach too huh?

Seriously...what qualifies Hoke as a DC or HC? Sure he seems to motivate but does that mean he can handle the pressure of the positions? What strategy would he prefer? 3-4, 4-3 or maybe even 46? Is he conservative in pass rushing or would he prefer blitzing most of the time? I'm not saying that he won't be good in either position but I just fail to see where everyone gets that he will make a better DC than Fangio or another candidate?
Old 09-15-2005   #23
cadahnic
All Pro

Heyovel. Man we are on the same page with your last statement. i am just saying firing capers and retaining palmers gets us nowhere. were as if we fire palmer and bring in a coordinator that is similar in style, but more aggressive then his play calling would mesh with Capers much better. I think of Mularkey and Cowher. Mularkey is much less conservative than Cowher and likes to throw it, but Mularkey aslo is a fan of picking shots and ball control. They meshed well. It was not two clashing styles. And the captian does blame the navigator if the ship goes off course btw.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #24
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Donald Duck is animated as well. Maybe he'd be a good coach too huh?

Seriously...what qualifies Hoke as a DC or HC? Sure he seems to motivate but does that mean he can handle the pressure of the positions? What strategy would he prefer? 3-4, 4-3 or maybe even 46? Is he conservative in pass rushing or would he prefer blitzing most of the time? I'm not saying that he won't be good in either position but I just fail to see where everyone gets that he will make a better DC than Fangio or another candidate?

A good question exascor and the answer is he would an aggressive coach that employs a defense that is balanced and switching. A lot like what you see in Baltimore and New England. Moreso N.E. with a 3-4 bas that switches into cover 2 and 4-3 subsets. He is a huge fan of blitzing in the same vein as a coach like Johnson in Philly. I hope that answers your questions. These answers come from him when I spoke with him about defenses.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Donald Duck has accepted an offer from the Texans to become the next head coach and is merely waiting for the team to accept his last salary proposal sent via fax just moments ago. I know this because when I spoke to him on the phone just moments ago he said so.

cadahnic I'm sorry but in the years since this team started up I have lost count of the number of people who have come on these boards with information they just got from their close personal friends inside the Texans org.

Don't take it personal but I dismiss it all now until it's reported in the mainstream media. The only guy I ever saw come on here with viable information was Bosellis brother in law (or something like that) who knew he was done the night before it was announced to everyone else.
Old 09-15-2005   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Hervoyel. Come on man. I see were you are going and it is close to the right way but still wrong. Capers makes the calls as far as his philosophy, but make no mistake that Palmer is running the offense. Trust me I know this first hand. Carr and Capers met with Palmer this week in order to amp the offense play calling up. I also know this first hand.
I'm not calling you out, but "first hand knowledge"? You were there in those meetings?
Old 09-15-2005   #27
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I disagree strongly. Fire Capers (There is no Fire Capers Club) and promote Palmer to HC while keeping him in charge of the offense. Then see what happens. If the Texans offense comes to life then you know the problem was Dom. If it doesn't then hey, it's still early in the season so we've got time to Fire Palmer (Is there a Fire Palmer Club?) and promote Hoke.

Has any team ever had three coaches in one season? I sense another record coming up!
I totally agree...This would not waste the season and we would be able to see what an offense that doesnt just run, run, pass does.

Get rid of Fangio as well...the complicated zone blitz is not going to work.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2005   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
...the complicated zone blitz is not going to work.
I hope the Steelers' complicated zone blitz doesn't work this Sunday.

Notice how both of these smilie QBs stare down their receivers? I want a smilie that will look off a safety.

And where's the love for Joe Marciano as interim Head Coach?
Old 09-15-2005   #29
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I hope the Steelers' complicated zone blitz doesn't work this Sunday.
I guess i should have phrased that better. IMO, for proper execution, the zone blitz requires the employment of experienced, pro bowl caliber linebackers and DTs a la pittsburg and carolina in the capers/fangio era. We have none. Our situation defensively is similar to that on Indy when fangio's complicated zone blitz got both himself and HC Jim "playoffs????" Mora Sr. fired. I want to see something simpler that allows the young talent on this team to shine.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I disagree strongly. Fire Capers (There is no Fire Capers Club) and promote Palmer to HC while keeping him in charge of the offense. Then see what happens. If the Texans offense comes to life then you know the problem was Dom. If it doesn't then hey, it's still early in the season so we've got time to Fire Palmer (Is there a Fire Palmer Club?) and promote Hoke.

Has any team ever had three coaches in one season? I sense another record coming up!

I think you are one of the few who "Gets IT" ....

We all blame Palmer for the offensive woe's .... Because IN NAME he is responsible for the offense ... But I think thats where it ends ... IN NAME.

Capers has Palmer handcuffed by his fundamental theory . Which is that you must RUN to PASS ....Capers teams have always been based on the Power Running Game and as Ive said several times ....

This Team IS NOT capable of that , they just dont have the personel . No bruiser back who can MOVE THE PILE , no DOMINANT O-line , No good TE .... The O-line lacks size / strength at the CENTER position , they also lack SPEED at the guard and tackle positions ....which means they cant PULL effectively .... They just dont have that DOWNHILL running game .
They HAVE to spread the field to run effectively . They have to get DD in the open field for him to use his strengths ... not just run him up the gut .
They need to Pass to set up the run , not run to set up the pass .... (See Philly last year.)

Palmer may be calling the plays but .... They are Capers' plays .....If they were Palmers you would see them line up w/ 4 WR ... Not the I-Formation .
Palmer is simply the scapegoat for Capers in this fiasco we call the Texans offense .....He's easy to blame because of his title .... Remove Capers and you remove the problem

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read