Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #1
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steelers Next...it won't be pretty

I watched the Steelers crush TEN today and Willie Parker and Ben R. were awesome. I'm afraid we're looking at 0-2 heading into bye.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #2
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

just as I predicted
Old 09-11-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan
I watched the Steelers crush TEN today and Willie Parker and Ben R. were awesome. I'm afraid we're looking at 0-2 heading into bye.
I think thats a given (which is sad because no game in the NFL should be) I just hope they can atleast make it interesting.
Old 09-11-2005   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just in time for the bye week. Plenty of time to get a new coaching staff in place. Someone make a call to Ed Biles and Hugh Campbell. We need them now more than ever!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So . . . anyone think we'll beat the Steelers?

We owe it to ourselves to keep a sense of humor.

It oughta be a kick reading this week's prediction thread, shouldn't it?
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #6
Elite
Veteran

i say carr throws 4 ints he gets sacked 5 times and we loose 45-6
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I say we give up 6 sacks next week, give or take 2.
Old 09-11-2005   #8
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Roethlisberger and the Steelers first team offense looked awful in the preseason, so I assume that means it'll be a close game, right guys?
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

At what point does David Carrs head get ripped off?? What quarter?

Then we can hear Steve McKinney get on the radio and yell and get mad that we are upset and (lol) spout off at the mouth that the O-Line is one of the best in the league!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The boo birds will be chirpin'. Hopefully Daddy Bob will be listening.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #11
Fldvldog
Veteran

Steelers: 31
Texans: 10
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
Steelers: 31
Texans: 10
I think you are giving the Texans offense a bit ... way too much credit :brickwall
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #13
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Texans 10
Steelers 27
Old 09-11-2005   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate to say it, but we are a victim of scheduling....what chance do we have facing such epic quarterbacks as...
JP Losman
Ben Rothlisberger....
now all we need is for ryan leaf to come out of retirement and rip us a new one :brickwall

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans shouldn't even bother coming home. That's right I said it. Everyone got on me when I threw a fit after the Bucs game but these guys proved me right. This offense hasn't been ready and will not be next week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #16
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Just in time for the bye week. Plenty of time to get a new coaching staff in place. Someone make a call to Ed Biles and Hugh Campbell. We need them now more than ever!
How about Bum Phillps?!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Have some faith. It's just one game in a long season.

I do think even if the Texans bring their A game it'd be hard to beat the Steelers but this Texans team is much better than what they've shown.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #18
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Have some faith. It's just one game in a long season.

I do think even if the Texans bring their A game it'd be hard to beat the Steelers but this Texans team is much better than what they've shown.
can I interest you in some great real estate in New Orleans?
Old 09-11-2005   #19
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The idea is to get to the SB in Detroit. At some point, we will have to beat more than one team like the Steelers to get there. For the record, I think the Steelers are going to knock us out by halftime if they remember the last game.
Old 09-11-2005   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
can I interest you in some great real estate in New Orleans?

I guess that's suppose to be funny and maybe under different circumstances it would be but oh well let's just say I'm not laughing.

It's ONE game. The Texans can do better. I do not expect them to beat the Steelers even at home but I do think they have players that can compete with them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read